Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2013, 11:49 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,450,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
I laugh at all the people who want to claim: 'So in love, so in love, so in love!' and the ones that claim 'spouses will put up with damn anything "because of love" before jumping ship and finding someone else.'

Look how fast that went out the window.
I agree. Love often fades, dies, or is killed by your partner. Love alone is not enough to sustain a relationship, but I think it is a necessary ingredient for a good relationship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2013, 12:02 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,714,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
I agree. Love often fades, dies, or is killed by your partner. Love alone is not enough to sustain a relationship, but I think it is a necessary ingredient for a good relationship.

so what the heck is the point then? People carry on like it's the end all be all, obviously it's not.

Old 03-18-2013, 12:29 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,450,546 times
Quote:
so what the heck is the point then? People carry on like it's the end all be all, obviously it's not.
It's great while it lasts, and for some, it never fades - for some, it continues to grow. Just because many or even most never find it or don't have the skills to create or maintain it, does not mean it isn't worthwhile seeking.

Old 03-18-2013, 01:38 PM

1,755 posts, read 2,991,352 times
Quote:
It's love. Your partner's going to change, you're going to change, it's not some stagnant thing. It's not logical, it's just how you feel towards that person.

Old 03-18-2013, 01:41 PM

2,386 posts, read 3,264,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmommy22 View Post
Obviously, relationships should not be based 100% on sex. However, would you be able to stay with someone if their sex was not pleasing you. What if they only were able to provide you with good sex when they were drunk? If you were to break up with them would you tell them the reason that you no longer wanted to be with them was because their sex was not good?

Yes i would stay with him, however i would tell him i wasnt satisfied and try to fix the problem

Old 03-18-2013, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalite View Post
It's love. Your partner's going to change, you're going to change, it's not some stagnant thing. It's not logical, it's just how you feel towards that person.

yes clearly it's not logical and makes no sense. just spur of the moment 'I feel this way today, maybe not tomorrow' nonsense far as I can tell.

Old 03-18-2013, 02:31 PM

Quote:
It's great while it lasts, and for some, it never fades - for some, it continues to grow. Just because many or even most never find it or don't have the skills to create or maintain it, does not mean it isn't worthwhile seeking.

that's your opinion and obviously you're entitled to it. Again, seems like a big waste of time, if in the end it's a temporary arrangement anyways. also, if that is in fact the case, people should stop carrying on about 'soulmates' and the 'love of my life,' over some temporary arrangement that gets blown to bits next year or 5 years from then. makes no sense.

Old 03-18-2013, 02:36 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,174,474 times
Quote:

Love may be killed by a partner through things like abuse, cheating, or just plain lousy behavior. But I don't agree that it necessarily fades on its own. To me, love is a verb, even more than a feeling. It's the kindness, the giving, the respect, the sharing, the appreciation one has for another. I think of it as a garden: If it fades, it's because it's starving, and if it dies, it's because it was neglected.

Old 03-18-2013, 02:59 PM

1,839 posts, read 3,059,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Love may be killed by a partner through things like abuse, cheating, or just plain lousy behavior. But I don't agree that it necessarily fades on its own. To me, love is a verb, even more than a feeling. It's the kindness, the giving, the respect, the sharing, the appreciation one has for another. I think of it as a garden: If it fades, it's because it's starving, and if it dies, it's because it was neglected.
Wow so true. Nothing else matters but love.

Old 03-18-2013, 03:36 PM

1,351 posts, read 1,594,768 times
I agree with NiteRyder...for me it depends on what is meant by "bad".

1) Bad as in "inexperienced"? If I really liked her, she doesn't have sexual hangups and the relationship was good outside the bedroom, then sure I'd stick around and teach if she's willing to learn.

2) Bad as in differences in preferred positions, kinks, moves, frequency, etc? Well that's moreso incompatibility rather than terrible sex by her or me. We'd communicate about the issue. If it can be reconciled, great...if not, I may let her go and move on. She may be great for some other guy.

3) Bad as her being a dead fish, lacking in effort, emotion or passion, or just a general bad attitude? Then it's probably not going to work out in the long run and I'd likely leave. This assumes that the sex started off like this from the beginning. (Sex starting off great and then becoming bad like this after a year or two is a different story.) In this scenario I think it is very unlikely that the rest of the relationship will be good. Bedroom issues would likely manifest themselves in other aspects of the relationship. A perceptive person could possibly detect such issues early on in dating, before things escalated to sex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships