Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 10:41 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishMajor1983 View Post
"You must spread some Reputation around before you can give it to iknwftbll again."

I gave him one.

Old 03-18-2013, 10:43 AM

286 posts, read 417,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem Shake View Post
Exactly

Uncomfortable: yes
The end of the world: no

I think some people get insulted because most of us judge our looks by the people we can attract. It's human nature.

OP now you know how we women feel when a guy 10-40 years older than us hit on us. Welcome to our world
That happened to me last week. The guy was 14 years older than me.

But I still politely declined his offer.

Old 03-18-2013, 10:44 AM

1,304 posts, read 2,575,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishMajor1983 View Post
I'm pretty sure the OP wasn't just talking about obese people, he was talking about people who are a bit overweight as well. Anyone who is overweight is inferior to him. I was just providing the OP with some insight to why some people are overweight despite diet and exercise.
Overweight people don't become overweight with healthy practices. Tell me what kind of workout routine you were on when you became overweight randomly? What kind of dieting practices were you following at that time?

Old 03-18-2013, 10:46 AM

97 posts, read 239,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
Not going to read the whole thread but just respond to the OP. I am not quite sure what your deal is.... I think this is more like preference, and not entitlement.

Whether a man or woman be overweight, they can still have a preference for a fit person. Just the same as a fit person can have a preference for an overweight person.

If the same overweight person who felt he/she was "entitled" to be with a "fit" person lost weight would they then be ok in your eyes to date that person?

No matter a persons weight, and whether they gain/lose weight, they are actually entitled to have a preference. We all are. This is no different from preferring the person you date be black/white, tall/short, dark hair/light hair, etc.

Being attracted to whichever person is not thinking you are entitled to be attracted to them, it is having a preference or just the fact that you are attracted to them!

I don't think azzholes are entitled to talk to me, but they do it anyway.
i think you need to go back and read my post.

Old 03-18-2013, 10:47 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,200,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob100 View Post
I see overweight women in the clubs only trying to pick up the fit guys, and they never approach the fat guys. Also when I go to the club I constantly get hit on by fat women and "I'm nowhere near fat." But yet these same type of women will complain about, how men don't date big women, hypocrites! That’s why every time women complain about how superficial men are too fat women and they only date them skinny women, I just laugh my ass off.

Don't expect more out of a person than what you have to offer. That's called being selfish.
So don't go out with them. I don't see why it's necessary to whine and complain about it on a message board.

I also don't see how you can assume what each one complains about. Do they stand there in the club talking to you about it?

Old 03-18-2013, 10:49 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,259 times
You'd be suprised at how many men bigger women pull

286 posts, read 417,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
Overweight people don't become overweight with healthy practices. Tell me what kind of workout routine you were on when you became overweight randomly? What kind of dieting practices were you following at that time?
I didn't become overweight randomly. I developed a medical condition that makes it easy to gain weight and hard to lose it.

I try to eat as healthily as possible but I am not perfect, nor should anybody ever claim to be. I have an incredibly busy schedule (I take 13 credits in college while working 36 hours a week), so sometimes my diet is not the first thing on my mind.

I am working hard on losing the weight but it is not easy. I'm assuming you've never suffered from a weight problem, so you can't possibly know how difficult it is unless you have.

Try to be a little more open-minded.

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post

I also don't see how you can assume what each one complains about. Do they stand there in the club talking to you about it?
I was wondering this too.

Old 03-18-2013, 10:55 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times
Quote:
I see overweight women in the clubs only trying to pick up the fit guys, and they never approach the fat guys. Also when I go to the club I constantly get hit on by fat women and "I'm nowhere near fat." But yet these same type of women will complain about, how men don't date big women, hypocrites! That’s why every time women complain about how superficial men are too fat women and they only date them skinny women, I just laugh my ass off.

Don't expect more out of a person than what you have to offer. That's called being selfish.
Quote:
Not going to read the whole thread but just respond to the OP. I am not quite sure what your deal is.... I think this is more like preference, and not entitlement.

Whether a man or woman be overweight, they can still have a preference for a fit person. Just the same as a fit person can have a preference for an overweight person.

If the same overweight person who felt he/she was "entitled" to be with a "fit" person lost weight would they then be ok in your eyes to date that person?

No matter a persons weight, and whether they gain/lose weight, they are actually entitled to have a preference. We all are. This is no different from preferring the person you date be black/white, tall/short, dark hair/light hair, etc.

Being attracted to whichever person is not thinking you are entitled to be attracted to them, it is having a preference or just the fact that you are attracted to them!

I don't think azzholes are entitled to talk to me, but they do it anyway.
Quote:
i think you need to go back and read my post.
OK, I did. I think I answered appropriately. That same overweight woman can be attracted to a fit man. There may be no fit men attracted to an overweight woman there, and she may be upset about that.

It has nothing to do with what you can/or cannot offer a person or being selfish. It is preference. It also has nothing to do with entitlement. ( I saw you mention that in another post. I can find it if you like)

Just because a person is overweight does not mean that they should be attracted to an overweight person. Just the same, just because a person is fit, does not mean they have to be attracted to a fit person.

We are all individuals, and are able to make up our own minds about what we are attracted to without someone else telling us what we are allowed to be attracted to.

Old 03-18-2013, 11:06 AM

97 posts, read 239,918 times
Quote:
OK, I did. I think I answered appropriately. That same overweight woman can be attracted to a fit man. There may be no fit men attracted to an overweight woman there, and she may be upset about that.

It has nothing to do with what you can/or cannot offer a person or being selfish. It is preference. It also has nothing to do with entitlement. ( I saw you mention that in another post. I can find it if you like)

Just because a person is overweight does not mean that they should be attracted to an overweight person. Just the same, just because a person is fit, does not mean they have to be attracted to a fit person.

We are all individuals, and are able to make up our own minds about what we are attracted to without someone else telling us what we are allowed to be attracted to.
1. once the woman loses her looks, she needs to lower her standards.
2. a man judges a woman based off a looks.
3. if most women don't like fat men then what does that say about men.
4. regardless of what she likes she doesn't look good anymore. therefore she's worthless to men, unless she's just going to give him sex..
5. yes some men will date fat women. often men take what they can get. till they can get better, see how that works?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships