Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 07:15 PM

10 posts, read 10,463 times

Advertisements

So I was dating this guy (we'll call him S) for a few months.

Throughout it we mainly had problems with him not doing much of the driving. We live an hour apart from eachother. I had been to his place more times than I could count. He had been to mine 3, maybe 4. He didn't keep me hidden from friends and family or anything. I had been out with him and friends quite a few times. He posted about me on facebook, made it pretty public. Didn't hide me. On the day we broke up, I asked him many times what he wanted to do, and "I don't know" was what came out of his mouth most of the time and he finally said maybe he wasn't ready for a relationship. He was always telling me how he likes me more than he probably should and constantly telling me how pretty I was, and that he had never been with someone as pretty as me. How I was different from his other girlfriends. After we broke up, I did end up asking him how he could go from saying those things, to just not caring anymore. Told him I missed him, that it's hard for me and so on. Should I totally give up on this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2013, 07:19 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Dude if he doesn't want you it's over. Men want to feel wanted and so do the ladies. Not smotherd though!

Old 03-19-2013, 07:19 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,650,496 times
Yes.

You can't work this out for him. Just tell him that you liked him and really didn't want this to end but you respect his wishes and go on with your life. Don't contact him again.

Old 03-19-2013, 07:24 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,357,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Yes.

You can't work this out for him. Just tell him that you liked him and really didn't want this to end but you respect his wishes and go on with your life. Don't contact him again.
I agree with this post. There has to be equal interest for things to progress. Give him space....lots and keep it moving.

Old 03-19-2013, 07:29 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,213,569 times
Relationships are two way streets. If he doesn't want you, move on and find someone better.

Old 03-19-2013, 07:32 PM

8 posts, read 8,118 times
Default Move on

You can do better than this! Find someone who is willing to put more energy into a relationship! It would be awful to be married to someone like this and continually get nothing in return for all your effort!!

Old 03-19-2013, 08:56 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times
He wasn't making an effort to see you and he didn't make an effort to stop you from leaving. He is not the right one for you. I am sorry.

Old 03-19-2013, 09:01 PM

2,336 posts, read 7,029,387 times
He is commitment-averse, like me. Fellas like us can spot each other a mile away. Here's an insider tip: Don't waste your time trying to reel this guy back into a relationship. It will be an exercise in futility. Follow the advice others have already given and move on.

Old 03-19-2013, 11:21 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,000,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiebrd View Post
So I was dating this guy (we'll call him S) for a few months.

Throughout it we mainly had problems with him not doing much of the driving. We live an hour apart from eachother. I had been to his place more times than I could count. He had been to mine 3, maybe 4. He didn't keep me hidden from friends and family or anything. I had been out with him and friends quite a few times. He posted about me on facebook, made it pretty public. Didn't hide me. On the day we broke up, I asked him many times what he wanted to do, and "I don't know" was what came out of his mouth most of the time and he finally said maybe he wasn't ready for a relationship. He was always telling me how he likes me more than he probably should and constantly telling me how pretty I was, and that he had never been with someone as pretty as me. How I was different from his other girlfriends. After we broke up, I did end up asking him how he could go from saying those things, to just not caring anymore. Told him I missed him, that it's hard for me and so on. Should I totally give up on this?
Just like women, men can have any number of reasons for getting cold feet. Not knowing him, I don't know his reasoning, but it sounds like you need to move on and don't linger over him.

Old 03-19-2013, 11:49 PM

1,839 posts, read 3,066,325 times
Hi, just give it some time. take a month off and see what he does. Don't contact him. If you don't hear from him, after a month, decide if you want to try to put things back together or not. I don't know isn't a good answer, give him time to miss you so the I don't know can hopefully become a yes again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships