Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 07:34 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,742,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs4 fan View Post
I'm starting to feel as if women only view me as friendship material.
I, too, seem to have quite talent for making women want to be friends with me, but nothing more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2013, 12:53 AM

Location: The back alleys of Hong Kong and sometimes Brussels, Belgium
242 posts, read 268,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
This is whati tell everyone. Have hope.
The best word from your post was 'Hope'. If a man has water, air, riches, love, or anything else then he/she is alright for a moment or two in life because we all die today or tomorrow. If a man/woman has no hope, then there is no purpose. Never give up. Where I have been in life makes me beleive that Jesus 'does' provide hope to the lost, broken hearted, and confused. What else, who else, in your life, or our lives provide hope these days when everyone worships money and materialism? I keep hearing the saying, "Where is God, Where is God?" and when I was down at my lowest he was there when I thought he wasn't. It took me some changing and realizing in my life to see that he was always there, and that this 'love' and success that the world looks up to is/means nothing. Day to day life and how we treat each other means something much more.

Sorry for the rant, but I just got emotional and logical when thinking of you people on here who have been through the depths of hell like I have, and I wanted to give what God told me to give you in this moment.

Old 03-29-2013, 04:07 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,208,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suissegrl702 View Post
Nah, around here its more like hang out at certain bars, buy a yacht, and hit on twentysomethings and resume hooking up with no strings attached.

People don't grow up in Southern California, they just get old and play the young instead of playing those their own age.

I've quit looking. I'd rather be single than get played. I'm even starting to get picky about who I befriend, because I don't want to have as friends people who do the hookup crap.

And around here, people do the hookup crap between the ages of 12 and death.

For the curious, I'm 29, no longer overweight but not fit looking, well endowed up top if you know what I mean. I'm smart and I like to be outdoors.

I just want a relationship, not a hookup. If I wanted meaningless sex, I could probably do a threesome every night around here.
Move to SD. It's pretty much the most family oriented place in SoCal.

Old 03-29-2013, 04:10 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,829,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottay View Post
I haven't given up I'm just on sabbatical. My career and location are going to change in the next few months after which I will once again start paying attention to, and caring about whether or not a women is or is not interested.
That's the way I feel. If I met someone in my present location I'd be getting pressured to stay in this gawd-awful place by yet another person.

Old 03-29-2013, 12:53 PM

353 posts, read 458,524 times
I too have thrown in the towel. I have had chances to be with girls, have girlfriends or whatever and blown almost every one of them. It's always been my own stupid fault too. Either I just don't understand "the game" or I wait to long to make a move, or whatever else it may be. Every time it happens I reflect and say to myself that I won't make the same mistakes again, but I end up doing it anyway. I have just decided that I do not want any of those negative emotions in my life any more, and I just want to focus on myself.

Old 03-29-2013, 02:54 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,720,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalhead0043 View Post
I too have thrown in the towel. I have had chances to be with girls, have girlfriends or whatever and blown almost every one of them. It's always been my own stupid fault too. Either I just don't understand "the game" or I wait to long to make a move, or whatever else it may be. Every time it happens I reflect and say to myself that I won't make the same mistakes again, but I end up doing it anyway. I have just decided that I do not want any of those negative emotions in my life any more, and I just want to focus on myself.
I surely can relate to that....there is peace in being single - really single.

My relationships with women have unearthed negative emotions in me that I never knew I was capable of. Fact is the cost is prohibitively high unless one is extraordinarily gifted at finding a needle in a haystack.

Old 03-29-2013, 05:08 PM

1,428 posts, read 1,406,580 times
I don't know if I've given up. Maybe. I didn't put too much into dating for the past few years because my focus was/still is on raising my son. He's 16 now so I am looking to get back into the dating pool. I'm just not sure it'll happen since I'm older, but if it doesn't, I'm ok with it.

Old 03-30-2013, 11:53 PM

534 posts, read 480,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suissegrl702 View Post
Nah, around here its more like hang out at certain bars, buy a yacht, and hit on twentysomethings and resume hooking up with no strings attached.

People don't grow up in Southern California, they just get old and play the young instead of playing those their own age.

I've quit looking. I'd rather be single than get played. I'm even starting to get picky about who I befriend, because I don't want to have as friends people who do the hookup crap.

And around here, people do the hookup crap between the ages of 12 and death.

For the curious, I'm 29, no longer overweight but not fit looking, well endowed up top if you know what I mean. I'm smart and I like to be outdoors.

I just want a relationship, not a hookup. If I wanted meaningless sex, I could probably do a threesome every night around here.
Yes, dating in Orange County is incredibly depressing. I had planned to move out of California just to give a shot at trying a dating pool somewhere else. At 27, I've pretty much given up on finding companionship. I really regret not paying more attention to women in college because there were so many around. I'm sure I could find a hookup if I really wanted to, but I'm just not remotely interested in that, for whatever reason.

Old 03-31-2013, 07:36 PM

313 posts, read 728,327 times
I, too, have given up. All I meet is men who want casual sex or to be to be FWB, or men who feel they have been kicked round on life and are just bitter, angry, and sworn off or any type of relationship.

I'm better off om my own than living like that.

Old 04-01-2013, 04:16 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,943,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
After years of trying to get dates and finding a woman with NO success, (one broken heart early on followed by a string of really bad dates, and choices of women to date), I decided I was meant to be alone and a loner, and gave up.

Ironically, not long after that is when the woman who is now my wife unexpectedly entered into my life.
I have a theory - and a lot of people would agree - that when you're looking for love, you never find it. When you're not looking, it finds you. Why is that??! I suppose because when you're looking you might be giving out vibes that you are "needy" or even "desperate" - which is a real turn off for people.

Last edited by Clark Park; 04-01-2013 at 05:10 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships