Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 04:44 AM

1,324 posts, read 2,012,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maegan11 View Post
ive been seeing a guy for 7 months, we live together even work together but still arent in a relationship. everyone knows were together he even speaks of me to other people as his girlfriend but dosnt call us boyfriend and girlfriend. "im his girl but were not official" is really whats said more often unless a guy is hitting on me then im his girlfriend. he talks about the future about when we get married or says how are kids would be good looking but still no title whats up with that?
means your his girlfriend when it's convenient for him. means you have options too that maybe you should evaluate further.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2015, 02:51 PM

2 posts, read 13,065 times
I like that advice, it most def. Makes sense to b me and I will put your advice to practice :-).
But my question to you would be. ...
What if the guy starts the engine but doesn't take the car for a spin on or in 7 dates (a month and a half) and we aren't exclusive, how will he know if the sex would be good?
I want to know and I'm very curious to know why we haven't gotten physical and em beginning to wonder if it's me or he has a problem.

Old 08-16-2015, 02:57 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eva arreola View Post
I like that advice, it most def. Makes sense to b me and I will put your advice to practice :-).
What if the guy starts the engine but doesn't take the car for a spin on or in 7 dates (a month and a half) and we aren't exclusive, how will he know if the sex would be good?
I want to know and I'm very curious to know why we haven't gotten physical and em beginning to wonder if it's me or he has a problem.
7 dates? Are you dating a bible thumper?

Old 08-16-2015, 05:57 PM

2 posts, read 13,065 times
Default when is to long lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by dprince18 View Post
Well if he is smart, he will wait for you to basically drop the bomb that you want a relationship. I never have asked a girl to be exclusive until she basically told me so. Drop the hints. If he wants a relationship with you he will ask. Although to be honest, a lot of guys (if they are good with women) won't go into exlcusive territory until they know the sex is good.....

Teva arreola: I like that advice, it most def. Makes sense to b me and I will put your advice to practice :-).
What if the guy starts the engine but doesn't take the car for a spin on or in 7 dates (a month and a half) and we aren't exclusive, how will he know if the sex would be good?*

Old 08-16-2015, 10:04 PM

906 posts, read 711,920 times
Depend on how quick I want you to be. Its been a range of hours..summer camp..to 10 years, my current ex gf..

Old 08-17-2015, 06:57 AM

745 posts, read 800,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Surfer View Post
I've known someone who thought after a few nights of sex, he made it official. She flipped her lid and left him as she was embarrassed to be thought of as his girlfriend.

Figured they had to chat about it before telling the rest of the world I reckon.
As adults... do some people actually have to have a conversation about whether or not they are boyfriend-girlfriend?

After a month, and several dates and sexy times, and they are not seeing anyone else, arent you a couple?

I mean, this isnt high school, do people still ask the person to be their boy/girlfriend?

Old 08-17-2015, 12:53 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,301,772 times
If I ever meet another woman (currently in a phase where I don't trust them), It'll take me months or even a year.

Old 11-07-2016, 08:38 PM

3 posts, read 9,665 times
I 've been dating this guy for a months now , its like 7 dates, i really like him , he treats me right, always make time to see me, go out, we texting the most than talking, hes the one who's always call me. The thing is i wanna be his girlfriend , i want to ask him but i don't want him to think im to fast and mess up everything and it seems like he's taking his. And yes we slept together. What should i do?

Old 11-08-2016, 07:53 AM

1,505 posts, read 1,809,602 times
Have you discussed the kind of relationship that you both want? Men usually like to be the one to discuss being exclusive first.
Give him another month of dating. If he hasn't brought up being exclusive, you may want to decide to discuss with him or move on.

Old 11-08-2016, 08:04 AM

2,148 posts, read 1,695,373 times
My wife and I never committed to each other before I proposed. But, quite honestly, we didn't have to put a label on our relationship. At least from my part, I knew where we were and was fully committed to me. We didn't spend enough time apart for there really to be any doubt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships