Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2013, 11:21 AM

1,610 posts, read 1,781,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly1224 View Post
It's strange because people tend to think of the U.S. as a racial utopia, but this country is so race focussed. I do agree that black women who travel overseas tend to have far better relationships than in the U.S. I have a a black female friend who married a very successful Scottish Entrepreneur. They reside in Whales.

Far too many black women in the U.S. have internalized the negative messages and actually believe that they are unworthy of solid/long term commitments and marriage.
Not just that blacks in general are competing directly with whites and other races now so how whites usually get together its the same for blacks these days. The old days we got together out of fear since segregation was so high we knew we had to make it work these days those days and standards are long gob. Black men who historically were blue collar are now being asked to become white collar and educated to succeed in life and black women have been liberated and are excelling a a result educationally and can't find a suitable man or someone who's able to provide.

It's a adjusting period for black Americans.

Old 03-22-2013, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
I disagree that black women believe it. The problem is black women fall in love with poor quality black men. The amount of black men that are incarcerated is ridiculous. Being a black male, and seeing my own father go to jail, hits right at home for me. When you add teen mother to the equation, it's only harder for black women.

It's not that black women aren't desired, it's just there's less quality black men to go around. Many black women want to marry a black man, just as a white woman usually wants to marry a white man. When you have less quality to sift from within your own race, you have to start venturing outside of it.
They were desired40 years ago but today.... Not so much, it's gonna be a issue because the bar has been raised higher for blacks as a whole.

Old 03-22-2013, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly1224 View Post
Taye Diggs is not a good example, because if he wanted to find a thin successful black woman, he could have. There are plenty of black thin actresses in hollywood. Taye wanted a white woman, so that's what he went after, it's really that simple.

People should date or marry who they want. It's just silly that some feel the need to make excuses and blame black women. If you want a biracial chick, Asian or white.. get it.
What you just stated is a good example of how blacks are separated. Some if us feel the other half is either lazy or just worthless or too picky with too high of a standard.

I'm sure rate thinks sisters are attractive he probably doesn't care for what he considers attitude. In a sense it's actually quieter outside the cafe than inside, less drama is involved usually.

Old 03-22-2013, 12:11 PM

4,829 posts, read 4,280,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
They were desired40 years ago but today.... Not so much, it's gonna be a issue because the bar has been raised higher for blacks as a whole.
The bar has definitely been raised. Along with the raising of that bar, black men are looking for more from black women as well. When the black men don't see that within their own race, they seek outside of it.

Old 03-22-2013, 12:44 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,684,357 times
Quote:
The bar has definitely been raised. Along with the raising of that bar, black men are looking for more from black women as well. When the black men don't see that within their own race, they seek outside of it.
whats more

Old 03-22-2013, 12:52 PM

4,829 posts, read 4,280,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
whats more
Education, career, pay, lifestyle, etc. etc. As a society we are having children much later and chasing our dreams and aspirations before settling down. If you aren't ready to get on the ride then you will likely get passed up.

Old 03-22-2013, 01:02 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,684,357 times
Quote:
Education, career, pay, lifestyle, etc. etc. As a society we are having children much later and chasing our dreams and aspirations before settling down. If you aren't ready to get on the ride then you will likely get passed up.
oh i thought you meant black men want that, but a good number already have it so.. okay then

Old 03-22-2013, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Men have never been picky with choosing women, as long as she's a good woman to him he usually has no problem with her. I think men prefer women to shut up overall rather than to constantly nag. Black men like most men don't expect much whatever you see black men want women have been wanting that before.

Old 03-22-2013, 05:37 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,458,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
Men have never been picky with choosing women, as long as she's a good woman to him he usually has no problem with her. I think men prefer women to shut up overall rather than to constantly nag. Black men like most men don't expect much whatever you see black men want women have been wanting that before.
Thanks for providing us with the joke of the day.

Old 03-22-2013, 07:13 PM

521 posts, read 762,477 times
I've been nothing but a bootycall to most men or something that needs to be hidden
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships