Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 04:30 PM

734 posts, read 932,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
I see your point. Yes. A woman can get a man, and have sex, regardless of her situation. But, we're taking about attracting decent, upwardly mobile, black men.

Sorry, the only thing overweight black women are only going to attract is poor/broke guys looking to have quick sex and not much more.

Black guys who are decent, and have money, are going after the good looking American black women such as Draya Michele, or they're going to date outside their race like Taye Diggs. Just look around.... What successful black man in the public eye is married to an overweight black woman?
Taye Diggs is not a good example, because if he wanted to find a thin successful black woman, he could have. There are plenty of black thin actresses in hollywood. Taye wanted a white woman, so that's what he went after, it's really that simple.

People should date or marry who they want. It's just silly that some feel the need to make excuses and blame black women. If you want a biracial chick, Asian or white.. get it.

Old 03-21-2013, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
But waiting around for the perfect black man, to you, may never happen. Now if you're just not attracted, then so be it, but I'd imagine you have met a Hispanic or Caucasian man that you thought was attractive.

I'm not really attracted to Asian women, but if I had conversation with one that flowed, I would be interested. To pigeonhole yourself by race is what makes dating difficult. Everyone already has a long laundry list of what they are looking for in a mate.
I agree, it's really silly for people to do this, and truth be told, you will rarely if ever hear any black man (regardless of his income level) saying that he is not attracted to ANY non black women. They understand the importance of having multiple options, why doesn't she?

LOL

Old 03-21-2013, 04:39 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,601,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly1224 View Post
I've always said it's the fast food, because when you look at indigenous African women, most are extremely thin. Yes, the majority do have round behinds, but not big bums.
I don't know about that. I have a very attractive Nigerian coworker with a great figure and a large, attention-grabbing butt, so maybe it's not just the western diet. Some of the women in my family have big butts, but not all of us do. I have a little butt, but it's cute!

Old 03-21-2013, 04:42 PM

1,479 posts, read 2,718,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
It isn't like that in other countries.
I dont know about that!!! Look at all the crap that happened in Czeschnia a few years back. Look at the racial tension, outright violence and massacres between the Serbs and the Croats in Yugoslavia during the reign of terror brought on by Slobidan Milosevic..........Israelis and Palestinians both of which occupy the same land...........north Africans immigrating illegally into France and Spain and basically getting tortured and killed by non-military personnel.

Old 03-21-2013, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I don't know about that. I have a very attractive Nigerian coworker with a great figure and a large, attention-grabbing butt, so maybe it's not just the western diet. Some of the women in my family have big butts, but not all of us do. I have a little butt, but it's cute!
No doubt, West African women tend to have round bums, but certainly not fat bums.

Old 03-21-2013, 04:49 PM

482 posts, read 798,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly1224 View Post
Calmon is entitled to his opinion, but honestly I wouldn't be surprised if he was a black American guy. European guys know nothing (or rarely little) about black American women.

Hmm I never thought he could be trolling. Hmm good eye,darling.

Old 03-21-2013, 04:52 PM

1,479 posts, read 2,718,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
4. African American women have the highest rates of being overweight or obese compared to other groups in the U.S.
I have heard that this is true but I don't think it's a factor in dating. I meet and see lots of over weight people of all races that are in relationships.

Old 03-21-2013, 04:53 PM

Ok, this may be a little off topic, but I was watching the vid posted in the wedding proposal thread, and I couldn't help thinking, what would this African woman's experience be like if she resided in the U.S.?

The young woman in the below video is absolutely stunning, however if she was placed in most black neighborhoods, most of the black guys would act as though she was the ugliest creature on the planet. Seriously, I've seen black H.S. boys attempt to demean and tear down a few of the dark black girls who I mentor.

Wedding food tasting night! - YouTube

I really believe the girl in the video increased her standard of living dramatically by simply residing overseas and not in the states.

I do not know her personally, but from the videos that I've watched, she appears to be very happy and confident, which is unfortunately rare for dark black women in this country. Also, she is now married to a well off Australian guy, driving around in a porsche and living in a very nice home. Apparently, he's a media executive.

I applaud this woman for living very well. Her children will surely thank her but again, I have to admit the truth that if she was born in the U.S. her life wouldn't (probably) be as fabulous. More than likely, she'd be on some stupid message board, complaining about being single, dark and lonely and all would be trying to convince her that she was so beautiful.

This is the main reason why I'm all for people traveling and getting outside of their comfort level.

Old 03-21-2013, 04:53 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,670,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottay View Post
I dont know about that!!! Look at all the crap that happened in Czeschnia a few years back. Look at the racial tension, outright violence and massacres between the Serbs and the Croats in Yugoslavia during the reign of terror brought on by Slobidan Milosevic..........Israelis and Palestinians both of which occupy the same land...........north Africans immigrating illegally into France and Spain and basically getting tortured and killed by non-military personnel.
Thank you better clarifying my point. The US views everything as black and white, whereas most of the rest of the world does not. They view people by ethnicity instead of skin color, which of course has its good points and bad. A Ugandan in a German coffee shop is a Ugandan. In the US, he is a black guy. Prejudices exists all over the world, but in the US they are mostly based on skin color which is bizarre. Here you are white, black, or other. Jamaican? Nope you are black. Serbian? Nope you are white. We don't really distinguish ethnicities here which is strange.

Old 03-21-2013, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rural City Gal View Post
Hmm I never thought he could be trolling. Hmm good eye,darling.
Yep, he's more than likely trolling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships