Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2013, 04:58 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,650,378 times

Advertisements

Lilly I am close to the same color as the woman in the video and I have NO problems attracting black men (and other races). And that gal is prettier than me. Sorry I think you are totally wrong on that one.

Old 03-21-2013, 04:59 PM

2,463 posts, read 2,779,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
There is actually something to this. I have many black American friends who dated and some even married European men. They love it there and they would never come back to the US even to visit their own families. I envy them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly1224 View Post
It's strange because people tend to think of the U.S. as a racial utopia, but this country is so race focussed. I do agree that black women who travel overseas tend to have far better relationships than in the U.S. I have a a black female friend who married a very successful Scottish Entrepreneur. They reside in Whales.

Far too many black women in the U.S. have internalized the negative messages and actually believe that they are unworthy of solid/long term commitments and marriage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy74 View Post
Yes. It is easier for Black American women to establish good relationships overseas. Amazingly easier. I know it has been this way with friends of mine.
Insinuating, black women have a taste, or preference for European men?

Old 03-21-2013, 05:02 PM

734 posts, read 931,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
Lilly I am close to the same color as the woman in the video and I have NO problems attracting black men (and other races). And that gal is prettier than me. Sorry I think you are totally wrong on that one.
Ok, but I am basing my comments off of what I have observed. I mentor H.S. girls and I have to constantly let them know that they are gorgeous. When I ask them about their ordeal, they tell me that black boys are constantly teasing them.

I also know this because I'm brown and have had black men tell me that I was better than my dark counterparts, so colorism most certainly does exist.

I am willing to bet that you are not black American, but probably Carib or African and therefore deal mostly with Carib or African men. Correct me if I am wrong.

Old 03-21-2013, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
Insinuating, black women have a taste, or preference for European men?

In the U.S. racism is swept under the rug. Too many blacks use it as their ace in the hole if they have a problem. In Europe, racism may be more obvious; whites definitely prefer their own race, and sometimes blacks prefer a white mate too. Look how often you see a black folks lovin those lighter bi-racials, or the blacks with features more characteristic of Caucasians.
I don't think it's a taste for European men. I think people just assumed that international travel meant only Europe, when my comments are really based on exploring men from the global community. I think the determining factor should be compatibility, overall interests and whether the man can sustain an excellent standard of living for the woman and the future children. Color is irrelevant.

Old 03-21-2013, 05:09 PM

2,463 posts, read 2,779,049 times
Quote:
I don't think it's a taste for European men. I think people just assumed that international travel meant only Europe, when my comments are really based on exploring men from the global community. I think the determining factor should be compatibility, overall interests and whether the man can sustain an excellent standard of living for the woman and the future children. Color is irrelevant.
With a focus (or priority) on "excellent standard of living." Guys are still looked as success symbols, or as an investment in a woman's future.

Old 03-21-2013, 05:11 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,562,631 times
Quote:
The young woman in the below video is absolutely stunning, however if she was placed in most black neighborhoods, most of the black guys would act as though she was the ugliest creature on the planet.
I don't think it would be quite that bad, lol, but I'd agree that many black guys would pass her over for a less attractive light skinned or non-black woman if they had the chance.

Old 03-21-2013, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
With a focus (or priority) on "excellent standard of living." Guys are still looked as success symbols, or as an investment in a woman's future.
Yes, that's correct. It's important for a man to be very ambitious and have certain things in place to ensure that his future wife and children are well looked after. No one wants to struggle or live in poverty.

I make a very good income, but if it wasn't for my husband's income, I wouldn't be able to afford the home and neighborhood that I currently reside in.

Old 03-21-2013, 05:15 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,650,378 times
Quote:
Ok, but I am basing my comments off of what I have observed. I mentor H.S. girls and I have to constantly let them know that they are gorgeous. When I ask them about their ordeal, they tell me that black boys are constantly teasing them.

I also know this because I'm brown and have had black men tell me that I was better than my dark counterparts, so colorism most certainly does exist.

I am willing to bet that you are not black American, but probably Carib or African and therefore deal mostly with Carib or African men. Correct me if I am wrong.
No I am African American. And I am basing my opinion on my actual life experiences, not what I "observed." Teens are very angsty all of the time, about everything. You can't extrapolate the thinking of the zeitgeist based on what 15 year old girls think. That's silly.

Further, what kinds of jerks do you associate with who literally TELL you that they like you for your skin color? Jeez....

Old 03-21-2013, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I don't think it would be quite that bad, lol, but I'd agree that many black guys would pass her over for a less attractive light skinned or non-black woman if they had the chance.
If she lived in the States, many would tell her to just date the UPS delivery guy or mailman. There's nothing wrong with those type of jobs, but a woman with those looks can do so much better. It's funny because, most would never tell a hot blonde to just marry the data clerk.

This is why I'm so pleased that this pretty black woman ensured that she would be living on a very high standard.

Old 03-21-2013, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
No I am African American. And I am basing my opinion on my actual life experiences, not what I "observed." Teens are very angsty all of the time, about everything. You can't extrapolate the thinking of the zeitgeist based on what 15 year old girls think. That's silly.

Further, what kinds of jerks do you associate with who literally TELL you that they like you for your skin color? Jeez....
Listen this is nothing new. There are countless books and blogs written on this topic. If you haven't experienced it, count yourself very fortunate, because colorism is a very real occurrence amongst black folks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships