Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2013, 07:03 PM

968 posts, read 1,138,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I grew up with country boys.

There's a reason I moved to the city.

Closed mindedness and overly misogynistic views of women from 'country boys' were a huuuuge turn off.

No thanks to all of that
Don't worry, we're equally turned off--------------
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2013, 07:18 PM

Quote:
It's funny, because there's always a bit of shock when people find out I was raised on a ranch out in California, was in 4H from the time I was 11, was an FFA officer for my HS, did gymkhana and rodeo for years and participated in both the Dairy products judging competitions (for 3 years) and livestock judging competitions (1 year, placed second in CA) and know my way around a ranch. I have more 'country street cred' than most people out there but I just don't find it impressive because of the culture surrounding it. Showing livestock (and especially doing rodeo or participating in any type of horse based competition) was based almost entirely on your last name and how much money you had. There was so much in-fighting and if you didn't live on enough acreage or didn't have the right last name you were shunned from events and clubs.

Country folk being nice and welcoming my rear end. They were some of the biggest jerks I ever had the displeasure of being around.

At least city folk don't pretend to be nice and then stab you in the back. They're up front with their mean-ness
Is it because they put you in your place and don't take your crap? You probably scare city boys. You don't scare us.

Old 03-23-2013, 07:26 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2RLK45 View Post
Don't worry, we're equally turned off--------------
Good.

Quote:
Is it because they put you in your place and don't take your crap? You probably scare city boys. You don't scare us.
Put me in my place?

See, this is the reason I don't like so-called 'country boys'. Misogynistic a-holes who prance around in their boots and buckles and think they're just the top of the heap.

I don't scare city boys, they treat me like a human being and not a lesser being. No being barefoot in the kitchen of your double-wide anytime soon.

Old 03-23-2013, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Good.

Put me in my place?

See, this is the reason I don't like so-called 'country boys'. Misogynistic a-holes who prance around in their boots and buckles and think they're just the top of the heap.

I don't scare city boys, they treat me like a human being and not a lesser being. No being barefoot in the kitchen of your double-wide anytime soon.
Oh, I can clearly see what your problem is with us now. You rant off some rudeness and cheap shots and then play the victim after.

You ought to see us when we are really mad..........

Old 03-23-2013, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleMae View Post
Very nice and you seem to know what you are talking about! Very cool!
I can spot an ABRASIVE personality a mile away too.....

Old 03-23-2013, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Oh, I can clearly see what your problem is with us now. You rant off some rudeness and cheap shots and then play the victim after.

You ought to see us when we are really mad..........
Like I said, I grew up in that environment.

How am I playing victim? Because I don't like being 'put in my place'? Because I'm not some little submissive flower for guys like you to push around?

Go ahead, post some more YouTube videos with 'real men' in them and tell everyone how they should act. That should get your point across.

Old 03-23-2013, 07:44 PM

Quote:
I can spot an ABRASIVE personality a mile away too.....
You may think of it as abrasive.

I think of it as 'putting you in your place'.

Old 03-23-2013, 07:53 PM

Quote:
You may think of it as abrasive.

I think of it as 'putting you in your place'.
No, very abrasive and rude. I can only guess why you weren't popular with country men.

Now, I could light you up like no man ever has before, but unlike you I have some form of compassion and values.

You remind me of the chick who throws a McDs milkshake in your window, then bawls when you flip her off and call her a ****h!

I got your number,......oh yes I do.

Old 03-23-2013, 08:01 PM

Quote:
No, very abrasive and rude. I can only guess why you weren't popular with country men.

Now, I could light you up like no man ever has before, but unlike you I have some form of compassion and values.

You remind me of the chick who throws a McDs milkshake in your window, then bawls when you flip her off and call her a ****h!

I got your number,......oh yes I do.

I'm nothing like that, but you keep thinking you have me pegged. And I see your arrogance and close-mindedness as abrasive and rude. I was plenty popular with the country men, many of my friends are farmers and ranchers, I'd just NEVER consider them for relationships.

Old 03-23-2013, 08:12 PM

Quote:

I'm nothing like that, but you keep thinking you have me pegged. And I see your arrogance and close-mindedness as abrasive and rude. I was plenty popular with the country men, many of my friends are farmers and ranchers, I'd just NEVER consider them for relationships.
Well, you seem to hate a man on here whom you've never even met. I'd hate to meet you in person. I'd kill myself......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships