Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 06:30 PM

43 posts, read 127,258 times

Advertisements

I'm not planning on changing how I look or anything like that to get to be noticed just to put that out there haha, however I am super shy and I am going to be a freshman in college soon! I've never had a "real" relationship including in highschool because I believe that it is a waste of time, (also my school is small). Now I am going to a bigger school, (around 3,000 a community college for my associates) and I have to completely start from scratch!

However I am very introverted but I am trying to be better! How can I strike a conversation with a guy or get him to "notice" me?

(Yes I understand you don't go to college for guys but I wouldn't mind getting my feet wet in the dating world

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2013, 07:03 PM

1,324 posts, read 2,012,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleMae View Post
I'm not planning on changing how I look or anything like that to get to be noticed just to put that out there haha, however I am super shy and I am going to be a freshman in college soon! I've never had a "real" relationship including in highschool because I believe that it is a waste of time, (also my school is small). Now I am going to a bigger school, (around 3,000 a community college for my associates) and I have to completely start from scratch!

However I am very introverted but I am trying to be better! How can I strike a conversation with a guy or get him to "notice" me?

(Yes I understand you don't go to college for guys but I wouldn't mind getting my feet wet in the dating world

Thanks!
Smile, laugh, always be busy with stuff to do (be a girl on the go), hang out and go out with cute friends, stay thin, have trendy hair styles, get rid of your high school clothes and do a make over (read those trendy in-style magazine), and, in general, be a cute hot n sexy creature like no other but don't over do it. Build it and they will come.

Old 03-20-2013, 07:07 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Just be yourself, and when you do get attention from a guy, TAKE IT SLOW.

Don't believe every guy who seems to good to be true and promises you everything, especially early on.

Take your time, get to know people, and only do what YOU want to do. Don't accept negative attention for the sake of attention.

Old 03-20-2013, 07:09 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Be hot/thin.

That's about it.

Old 03-20-2013, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Be hot/thin.

That's about it.
No truer words have been spoken . . . at your age, be your best self!

Old 03-20-2013, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Clean View Post
No truer words have been spoken
Yep. Guys are pretty simple. Be hot, put out. It's sad, but true.

Old 03-20-2013, 07:14 PM

Quote:
C'mon, women like sex too!

Old 03-20-2013, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Clean View Post
C'mon, women like sex too!
Of course, never said they don't. Unfortunately, when women act on that they get called all kinds of names and then are excluded from LTR by the very men who will later complain about not getting enough sex.

Interesting catch-22, really.

Old 03-20-2013, 07:38 PM

491 posts, read 1,652,088 times
1.Good hygiene, eg. no halitosis, have fresh breathe and don't smoke, lol shower daily, no toe jams or dirty fingernails and wear a decent scent from Victoria's Secret that won't break your bank
2.Have a modern haircut
3.Dress appropriately for school, eg. don't try too hard
4.Be confident
Try starting a study group. If you know the subject matter a bit better than others, don't be afraid to help out and be conscientious

Old 03-20-2013, 07:42 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,760,530 times
Quote:
I politely and respectfully disagree with my dear friend above's response

If I had to give any advice for a girl who was interested in attracting guys at that age, having been there myself in the past lol, I would say to consider "killing them with kindness" In other words, try to be as kind and caring as possible to them, while still also being 100% true and genuine to you Guys may not admit it up-front for fear of being perceived of as less-than-manly, but a real, true, actual nice and caring, affectionate girl is gold, and even better than the gal who "puts out", 1000x moreso too

When I myself was in college, again the quickest and easiest way for a girl to turn my heart into butter, make my heart melt, and make me feel "the butterflies" inside (and also make me feel even more romantically attached to her), was for her simply to be genuinely nice and caring, and truly affectionate and kindhearted to me.

Maybe at least consider trying it, anyway...try being "the sweetheart loving angel" to a guy, and the "girl he wants to take home to meet his mother" -- because with the right kind of guy, he will never want to ever let you go, from his heart and from his arms. B/c you will be that kind of one special girl that he will want will want to love, honor, and adore, for all eternity, and forevermore

Last edited by Phoenix2017; 03-20-2013 at 07:54 PM.. Reason: Adds / Edits
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships