Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 12:02 PM

1,324 posts, read 2,005,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky2Sharks View Post
Don't freak out about aging and dating. You are a vintage wine. Everyone wants a taste of vintage wine...
Not the best metaphor but I guess hope springs external.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2013, 12:16 PM

177 posts, read 301,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Clean View Post
Not the best metaphor but I guess hope springs external.
Yeah..I'm not to good at those...

Old 03-21-2013, 12:19 PM

1,324 posts, read 2,005,818 times
Quote:
Yeah..I'm not to good at those...
good enough, glad you found your groove

Old 03-21-2013, 12:20 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,201,333 times
Quote:
He must be drawn 2 the crazy ones. She threatens to kill me, she has cut him and none of the kids are his.

Must be true love...
If he likes women like this, he probably did you a favor.

Old 03-21-2013, 12:45 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,150,601 times
Quote:
Yep he will still choose you over a 28 yr old woman who has her own job, car and apartment.

He will choose the 43 yr old with 4 kids over the 28 yr old with none.

Don't freak out about aging and dating. You are a vintage wine. Everyone wants a taste of vintage wine...

Let me get this straight: You're the 28-year-old in this situation, and you're upset that someone chose a 43-year-old with 4 kids over you?

My first inclination was to say, "Poor baby." Because really, so what? People are people, and we go with who we like. Just because she's 43 and has a few kids, that doesn't make her somehow less a catch than you. Then I read that the other woman "cut" him, which I take to mean stab, and that her kids are all from different fathers. Now my thoughts are "Nothing to lament here. Let him have her."

Regardless, I guess this is a lesson to you that youth is not necessarily the key to the kingdom. Take it from a 46-year-old who poached your territory several years ago and stole a good one from your dating pool.

Old 03-21-2013, 12:55 PM

177 posts, read 301,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Let me get this straight: You're the 28-year-old in this situation, and you're upset that someone chose a 43-year-old with 4 kids over you?

My first inclination was to say, "Poor baby." Because really, so what? People are people, and we go with who we like. Just because she's 43 and has a few kids, that doesn't make her somehow less a catch than you. Then I read that the other woman "cut" him, which I take to mean stab, and that her kids are all from different fathers. Now my thoughts are "Nothing to lament here. Let him have her."

Regardless, I guess this is a lesson to you that youth is not necessarily the key to the kingdom. Take it from a 46-year-old who poached your territory several years ago and stole a good one from your dating pool.

Thanks. I know I'm here whining( and who has time for that?) and throwing myself a pity party.

Your so right. I know this is something I'll be over in a few weeks. But I guess its the whole situation that bothers me. The good woman lost and this woman who has always treated him like trash gets to be with him again? This world we live in is crazy

Old 03-21-2013, 01:02 PM

354 posts, read 516,709 times
Don't fret single 40 yr old women. The man will still choose you

i plead the 5th!

Old 03-21-2013, 01:09 PM

34,936 posts, read 36,079,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post

Same here. 45, met the hubby when I was 37... I've got 3 kids. He makes more than I do.

We married when I was 42 and he was 29.

Oh. I didn't cut him, though.

Old 03-21-2013, 01:20 PM

30,489 posts, read 21,682,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBunny View Post
Ok, but how many 45 year old men walking around these days have millions in the bank and aren't hideous/obese/lacking social skills?

Anyways, I'd rather take the 28 year old that makes 150k, is good looking with hair and a nice body and has good social skills over the 45 year old who is a celebrity or is an oil tycoon with a kingdom of gold.
The older than 45 yo George Clooneys, Brad Pitts and many other male celebs would prove that part of the statement as being incorrect.

I'm only pointing out societies double standard as it applies to older men vs older women. Its there, its real and unfair, and it isnt changing much.

Old 03-21-2013, 01:21 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,150,601 times
Quote:
Thanks. I know I'm here whining( and who has time for that?) and throwing myself a pity party.

Your so right. I know this is something I'll be over in a few weeks. But I guess its the whole situation that bothers me. The good woman lost and this woman who has always treated him like trash gets to be with him again? This world we live in is crazy

Nah. Just some of its inhabitants. Like the guy you're talking about. Something is wrong with him to want to be with someone who gets violent with him. It sounds like you already know this, but I'll say it anyway because sometimes it's good to get the validation: You dodged a bullet, Sharky.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships