Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 07:01 PM

1,839 posts, read 3,059,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky2Sharks View Post
I'm in great shape, I have personality( that's what people say) I'm outgoing. I'm fine. I wouldn't call myself clingy but you know I like to stay beside my man I think it comes down to the kids. I believe he wants this instant family. I tell him I'll give him a child in a year I just want to be established with my career first. He's 46 so he's impatient.
Yeah, but now I have to ask WHY do you want an old man? I can see that sometimes men of 25+ years can be hot, but this is very very rare. Is he that rare one? He probably just has unfinished business with this lady , besides desiring the instant family and so best thing you can do is cut off contact with him because you will forget the hurt much easier. Chances are he'll be looking for you as young and pretty as you are etc. But you won't want his old butt by then. Good luck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2013, 08:19 PM

2,317 posts, read 2,551,557 times
Personally, I think the younger women should support the OP's statement -- with any luck, they too will grow to be an older woman...I have found it very true that women can be like fine wine and that many men -- even younger buff men -- appreciate that.
It almost sounds like the younger women posting insults to the OP here are jealous ... instead, it should be a statement that is encouraging to them...
Age is only a number, and I don't advocate older women trying to behave like and look like 20-somethings...that is part of the charm of an older woman, she is secure and comfortable in her own skin and enjoys herself. It's not the fat, balding old guys going for older women, it's the young buff ones who love that we don't play games, try to trap them into marriage with unwanted pregnancies, and can actually talk about things of substance with them -- not to mention that often younger men and older women are really in sync when it comes to sex!

Old 03-21-2013, 08:31 PM

2,317 posts, read 2,551,557 times
Okay, maybe I misunderstood. I thought that OP is the older woman just kind of exhorting older women that many times they are chosen over the younger woman. Now, I'm just not sure WHAT is being said so I'm bowing out of this discussion.

Old 03-21-2013, 09:03 PM

152 posts, read 249,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brocco View Post
well luckily secure 28 year old women aren't exactly lining up the block to take fat, balding 45 year old men
paunchy, red-faced, balding, sweaty, drunk 45-55 yr old dudes in Hawaiian shirts, tan shorts, and loafers with no socks, dancing around, singing "why dont we get drunk, and screw" ?

i will be one of them, if i live long enough

Old 03-21-2013, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapour_trail View Post
paunchy, red-faced, balding, sweaty, drunk 45-55 yr old dudes in Hawaiian shirts, tan shorts, and loafers with no socks, dancing around, singing "why dont we get drunk, and screw" ?

i will be one of them, if i live long enough
or you could wear sandals and show off nasty feet lmao. Work it man

Old 03-21-2013, 09:21 PM

177 posts, read 302,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastwomanstanding View Post
Yeah, but now I have to ask WHY do you want an old man? I can see that sometimes men of 25+ years can be hot, but this is very very rare. Is he that rare one? He probably just has unfinished business with this lady , besides desiring the instant family and so best thing you can do is cut off contact with him because you will forget the hurt much easier. Chances are he'll be looking for you as young and pretty as you are etc. But you won't want his old butt by then. Good luck
I watched my mom go through an abusive relationship. I have been in one. This older guy has been in my life years before we got together. We talked about a lot of things exes included. I am so smitten. Maybe I put to much expectation on him

Old 03-21-2013, 09:30 PM

Quote:
I watched my mom go through an abusive relationship. I have been in one. This older guy has been in my life years before we got together. We talked about a lot of things exes included. I am so smitten. Maybe I put to much expectation on him
Oh honey, I feel for you. Smitten. But if he chose that old lady not much you can do. For your own sake, it is best to cut contact and move on. Honestly that is one advantage young women have over older men, they will always be older and there is some truth to the older you are the harder it gets- especially if he is still going with women of questionable character. As I say, he'll be back. But meanwhile the best thing to do is to become unsmitten. And yes, I do realize how hard that can be, but do your best, cut the contact for yourself. Good luck.

Old 03-21-2013, 09:47 PM

177 posts, read 302,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastwomanstanding View Post
Oh honey, I feel for you. Smitten. But if he chose that old lady not much you can do. For your own sake, it is best to cut contact and move on. Honestly that is one advantage young women have over older men, they will always be older and there is some truth to the older you are the harder it gets- especially if he is still going with women of questionable character. As I say, he'll be back. But meanwhile the best thing to do is to become unsmitten. And yes, I do realize how hard that can be, but do your best, cut the contact for yourself. Good luck.
Thank you. I feel much better. He chose the wrong woman but I can't do nothing about it. He tries to keep me hooked though because tonight he texted me and suggest we go to a hotel this weekend. I'm not doing it. I realize I have to let go.

Old 03-21-2013, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Thank you. I feel much better. He chose the wrong woman but I can't do nothing about it. He tries to keep me hooked though because tonight he texted me and suggest we go to a hotel this weekend. I'm not doing it. I realize I have to let go.
WOW what a pig! (considering he chose someone else.) This is just further proof it won't work with them. He does not intend to be faithful And I'd guess 4 kids is no picnic. You remaining in contact will be helping him to carry the relationship with this other woman. You are like stress relief. Don't enable him to stay with the wrong woman. I know that's the last thing you want. I hope you ignored that text. It's not worthy of a response, nor does he even deserve one from you at this point. Unbelievable this guy

Old 03-22-2013, 07:49 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,184,843 times
Lol at choosing the 40 year old woman over the 28 year old. Especially if I'm talking a long term relationship, and especially if she has kids
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships