Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 07:53 AM

361 posts, read 748,152 times

Advertisements

Reading posts like this one always get my day of to a good start.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2013, 07:54 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,298,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky2Sharks View Post
I'm in great shape, I have personality( that's what people say) I'm outgoing. I'm fine. I wouldn't call myself clingy but you know I like to stay beside my man I think it comes down to the kids. I believe he wants this instant family. I tell him I'll give him a child in a year I just want to be established with my career first. He's 46 so he's impatient.
You do know about the increased rate of mental illness of children born from men who are over the age of 40 right? You realize the risk there and yet you still want to "give him a child"? Why not give your child a fighting chance at having a normal life, with a father who will be able to see him live into his 30's+? I don't get that.

Last edited by findly185; 03-22-2013 at 08:24 AM..

Old 03-22-2013, 08:23 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Lol at choosing the 40 year old woman over the 28 year old. Especially if I'm talking a long term relationship, and especially if she has kids
See? It's not something you would choose, but it's something a 46yo guy chose.

Not all men in their forties want a twentysomething woman.

I think this just boils down to "people like what they like."

Though, judging from this dude's offer to go motel hopping with the OP this weekend, I'd say he likes to hit it.

He's just not into a relationship with a younger chick.

Old 03-22-2013, 10:43 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,141,236 times
I feel your pain a bit OP.

Lately I look around me and think I might have a better chance at finding a good, stable guy if I had married too young to an abusive jerk, cranked some kids out, had a messy divorce, and now carry tons of emotional baggage in addition to a fat belly from child bearing. This is apparently what's attractive to men in my age range (late 20s to mid 30s).

And if that's what they want, then let them have it. I suppose they wouldn't know what to do with someone better.

However, this is not truth, just a bruised ego. And it will be gotten over....

Old 03-23-2013, 12:53 AM

52,197 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post

Lately I look around me and think I might have a better chance at finding a good, stable guy if I had married too young to an abusive jerk, cranked some kids out, had a messy divorce, and now carry tons of emotional baggage in addition to a fat belly from child bearing. This is apparently what's attractive to men in my age range (late 20s to mid 30s).

And if that's what they want, then let them have it. I suppose they wouldn't know what to do with someone better.

Big props on the honesty.....

Old 03-23-2013, 01:00 AM

1,839 posts, read 3,064,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post

As an older woman, I half way fit your description. The guy I liked early 30s, I am late 30s disappeared on me. I assume he found someone younger , probably with the emotional baggage (I have a little too) and some belly fat and a kid or two but who knows . . .it hurts but people like who they like. Sometimes the "better" ladies have higher standards some guys may not want to meet.

Old 03-23-2013, 01:16 AM

1,201 posts, read 1,578,069 times
As a 20's male I know that my marriage may not work, but I am not ignorant about that. If we drift away from each other after the kids I will work my ass off to make it work. I know it won't be all sunshine and rainbows, but being scared of the worse case scenario will not result in happiness. My dad just got remarried and he seems happier than I've ever seen him, I don't think it's a coin flip, but just people waiting long enough to be compatible.

Old 03-23-2013, 01:28 AM

3,467 posts, read 8,141,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastwomanstanding View Post
As an older woman, I half way fit your description. The guy I liked early 30s, I am late 30s disappeared on me. I assume he found someone younger , probably with the emotional baggage (I have a little too) and some belly fat and a kid or two but who knows . . .it hurts but people like who they like. Sometimes the "better" ladies have higher standards some guys may not want to meet.
To clarify, the "better" part was part of the bruised ego section. I'm not saying divorce, children & some extra pudge make someone less worthy of love.

Old 03-23-2013, 07:24 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times
Fine go have that 28 year old hottie.

In a few years she will want a baby. And there you are, a new baby Daddy at age 50.

Your young wife, girl friend will want to go out to clubs, do things all day Saturday, go out Saturday night, and go out Sunday morning. You go.

Meanwhile, my kids are all gone, I enjoy a nice dinner out once in awhile, but my goals are more about adding to my TSP account. I have zero desire for a child. I am at the age where you take care of a grandbaby for an hour or so and give it back. Thank God.

If you need that young un, you go. I am perfectly happy. Enjoy.

Old 03-23-2013, 08:03 AM

788 posts, read 1,271,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBunny View Post
Haha true! Wouldn't she want the 28 or 35 year old man who still has a nice body and his hair and can get it up?
When I was in my mid-to-late 20s, I was with a man in his 40s. He looked better than guys my age (still does even at 51!). He was always a perfect gentleman, who was even more beautiful on the inside than outside. Who wouldn't want that?

Now at 33, I find myself choosing between a 27-yo with a full head of hair and an extra 20 lbs and a handsome, slim 49-yo who has lost some hair. Both have great personalities and are fun. Who would I prefer? The older man. I can't stand the extra weight. I look at the weight the 27-yo has and think that's only going to get worse with time. Some women like guys with extra meat on their bones. I don't.

People focus too much on age.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships