Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 03:33 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,479,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Fair enough.

But if a person (man or woman) wants to put some sort of time period before they have sex then that's their business. If their potential partner doesn't like it, they can simply move on. Amazing how that works.
I'm simply saying that if that time is arbitrary then you're playing games!

If you are feeling it but hold back in exchange for something then you use it as a weapon or commodity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2013, 03:49 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
I'm simply saying that if that time is arbitrary then you're playing games!

If you are feeling it but hold back in exchange for something then you use it as a weapon or commodity.
We're just going in circles at this point. Adults realize that sex has consequences and think of those before just jumping into bed with someone. I want to have some sort of connection with a man before I sleep with him, is that alright? Or is wanting to know someone's last name and a little bit about them asking faaaar too much? I was definitely attracted to the last guy I went out with, but I didn't sleep with him on our first date. Guess I was just playing games, right?

Old 07-03-2013, 03:54 PM

Quote:
We're just going in circles at this point. Adults realize that sex has consequences and think of those before just jumping into bed with someone. I want to have some sort of connection with a man before I sleep with him, is that alright? Or is wanting to know someone's last name and a little bit about them asking faaaar too much? I was definitely attracted to the last guy I went out with, but I didn't sleep with him on our first date. Guess I was just playing games, right?
Now you're throwing out red herrings and building strawmen...anecdotal ones at that

Old 07-03-2013, 03:59 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,800,412 times
Quote:

Old 07-03-2013, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Now you're throwing out red herrings and building strawmen...anecdotal ones at that
Not really. I was very attracted to him, definitely in a sexual way, but I held off. Am I playing games?

Old 07-03-2013, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Not really. I was very attracted to him, definitely in a sexual way, but I held off. Am I playing games?
YES!

Why did you hold back if you both felt it?

Old 07-03-2013, 04:19 PM

1,839 posts, read 3,064,992 times
Quote:
YES!

Do you believe in self protection? If you've already been sexual with someone because you're not holding back or trying to play games and THEN they show you who they are, if you now know the person intimately, and the sex is good, do you still keep having sex with them because your body feels like it even though your brain is saying "what the heck am I doing?" If a woman stole from you or ruined your career yet you still had attraction for her would you act on that attraction or stay as far away from her as possible?

Old 07-03-2013, 04:21 PM

Quote:
YES!

Then color me a game player because I didn't have sex with someone I'd only known 6 hours.

Old 07-03-2013, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastwomanstanding View Post
Do you believe in self protection? If you've already been sexual with someone because you're not holding back or trying to play games and THEN they show you who they are, if you now know the person intimately, and the sex is good, do you still keep having sex with them because your body feels like it even though your brain is saying "what the heck am I doing?" If a woman stole from you or ruined your career yet you still had attraction for her would you act on that attraction or stay as far away from her as possible?
How often do you feel like having sex with someone you don't trust? Maybe that's the problem?

Either way, she doesn't need you answering for her...

Old 07-03-2013, 04:38 PM

1,839 posts, read 3,064,992 times
I thought is was a valid question regardless of what inspired it.

You have a point, I can't trust a person I hardly know. Two different issues physical attraction and trust are they not? I guess you are saying just go take a chance. If you are not damaged then if you find out later on the person can't be trusted, you should no longer be attracted to them. But if you are damaged, you will continue to be turned on? Really I'm trying to understand where you are coming from.

But can you answer my original question, basically if your little head and your big head are disagreeing, then what?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships