Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 07:48 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,830,417 times

Advertisements

And as far as the celebrities go:

Beyonce
Nicki Minaj
And friggin' Oprah

That took me all of 0.084385849 seconds to think of.

Old 03-22-2013, 07:52 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,731,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
Who the hell is Kate Upton and why am I being called a liar twice now? I don't even see where this whole black woman hate is coming from. People have their preferences and obviously I personally don't give a single F about whether you're black or white or yellow or red or purple or freakin' silver. There are tons of people like me who think the same way.

How can someone blame society when they go after men who are taken? Are you kidding me? Go bleach yourself.

I never called you a liar, per se. I said people that claim there's this 'universal love for dark skinned black women' are lying because it's ridiculous and not even remotely true. Now, if you fit into the category of people that does this, then so be it.

Women shouldn't be going after men that are off the market and I never said I agree with that in the first place....I don't need to bleach myself, I have no problem being dark skinned but that doesn't mean I'm going to fool myself into thinking men are just so head over heels about it. Go look in that thread in the beauty section where men were posting 'hot, attractive women,' I would venture to guess 97% of them are white women from what I seen.

Yes people have their preferences and when it comes to men the preference is usually white or Hispanic, even asian women. That's great if you like black women -- but I'm talking about the male population at large. I've been a dark skinned black woman for 32 (33 in a few days) years, so sorry, you can't tell me nothing about this issue.

(edit: Kate upton is a model that the majority of men are aware of).

Old 03-22-2013, 07:52 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,609,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redberry rose View Post
Well, the white guy who was interested in me or who appeared to in the beginning was obviously shamed for liking me. I am a darkskin Black woman with black features. Instead he was encouraged to pursue the lightskinned black girl because she is a bit more socially acceptable than me. A few coworkers saw him taking me home, I am pretty sure they had a talk with him. Cause after that, he has never spoken to me ever again. Everytime I see him he is chatting with that light black girl

Don't feed me bull about dark being beautiful and all that crap. In society, being a dark black woman is something to be shamed of and I will never be considered as beautiful as a ligthskinned woman. This is so emotionally scarring for me. I can barely look at myself in the mirror. I am not even good enough to be loved
I didn't know you were black. You remind me of someone else who used to post here.

Old 03-22-2013, 07:54 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redberry rose View Post
Well, the white guy who was interested in me or who appeared to in the beginning was obviously shamed for liking me. I am a darkskin Black woman with black features. Instead he was encouraged to pursue the lightskinned black girl because she is a bit more socially acceptable than me. A few coworkers saw him taking me home, I am pretty sure they had a talk with him. Cause after that, he has never spoken to me ever again. Everytime I see him he is chatting with that light black girl

Don't feed me bull about dark being beautiful and all that crap. In society, being a dark black woman is something to be shamed of and I will never be considered as beautiful as a ligthskinned woman. This is so emotionally scarring for me. I can barely look at myself in the mirror. I am not even good enough to be loved
That's BS.

And I feel sorry for you that you feel you have to believe it

Old 03-22-2013, 07:54 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,994,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I didn't know you were black. You remind me of someone else who used to post here.
Oh..You mean Nyanna?

I bet it's Nyanna.

I'm putting it all on Nyanna.

Old 03-22-2013, 07:56 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,609,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Oh..You mean Nyanna?

I bet it's Nyanna.

I'm putting it all on Nyanna.
I've personally missed nyanna, so I hope it is her! lol

Old 03-22-2013, 07:57 PM

6,616 posts, read 13,830,417 times
Whatever Doll Eyes. I'll let you side with this annoying ****.

The point is that just because your black doesn't mean men are going to instantly hate you. And how does anyone think that going overseas is going to increase their chances of dating white men? Like wtf? I don't understand that.

Who knows though. Maybe I'm just in the minority. I have turned girls down before because they were too white.

Old 03-22-2013, 07:57 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,994,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I've personally missed nyanna, so I hope it is her! lol
Well, you win the prize! It's Nyanna in a different name!

Old 03-22-2013, 08:00 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,731,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ja1myn View Post
Whatever Doll Eyes. I'll let you side with this annoying ****.

The point is that just because your black doesn't mean men are going to instantly hate you. And how does anyone think that going overseas is going to increase their chances of dating white men? Like wtf? I don't understand that.

Who knows though. Maybe I'm just in the minority. I have turned girls down before because they were too white.

Yes, all you can say is 'whatever,' because you have no counter to what I actually stated in those last two posts because it's truth. I do side with SOME of the things she is saying, because I've lived it.

Stop putting words in my mouth. I never said "because you are black men are automatically going to hate you." So read again. I said: the majority of men are not attracted to dark skinned black women -- because newsflash, they're not.

I don't think going overseas is going to increase the chances of dating white men, maybe the OP said that but I didn't.

Old 03-22-2013, 08:02 PM

521 posts, read 762,786 times
I don't want to leave my family & friends behind to go look for a man and overseas at that..no way. who does that? I dont know what I am going to do...maybe just accept my lot in life and just be some man's w***e in secret. Cause that seems to be the only thing I'm good for
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships