Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 10:25 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RimeofAncientMariner View Post
Numbers mean nothing. Women will give out their number just to get rid of you
Nah, not their REAL number.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2013, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Whatever's going wrong could have to do with his misinterpreting the "we get along great" part of it, just before or after getting the number. Maybe he's not reading the signals right.....?
Could be.

Old 03-22-2013, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Well, maybe not. Some women will hand out a number just to avoid being rude, or they'll give out a fake number. Whatever's going wrong could have to do with his misinterpreting the "we get along great" part of it, just before or after getting the number. Maybe he's not reading the signals right.....? And maybe the women feel put on the spot by being asked for their number.
It's tough being a guy in the dating world sometimes - they have to take so much risk

Old 03-22-2013, 10:28 PM

102,183 posts, read 107,790,902 times
These women who say you're great and "perfect", OP, have they tried to set you up with any friends?

If you're good-looking, and have a great vibe, like you indicate in your first post, the women should be gravitating towards you. Get involved in your community. Give them a chance to get to know you, and warm to you.

Old 03-22-2013, 10:29 PM

96 posts, read 81,616 times
Quote:
And what do they say, how do they react? (Words, facial expression, body language)
One girl I asked her to hang out and she said that she would like that and that i'm very nice. 2 days later, I tried to arrange something and she made a BS excuse and did not try to reschedule. I contacted her a week later and she didn't respond and hasn't contacted me since

Another girl said that she would like that when I suggested a hangout after getting her number...she didn't respond at all when I tried to contact her

Etc...

It just boggles my mind how difficult it seems to be to get a date

Old 03-22-2013, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RimeofAncientMariner View Post
It just boggles my mind how difficult it seems to be to get a date
These things happen. Don't be banging your head against the wall, that'll just make it worse. The best way is to place yourself where you can let them get to know you and discover that you're a cool guy. Nature will take its course.

Old 03-22-2013, 10:33 PM

Quote:
These women who say you're great and "perfect", OP, have they tried to set you up with any friends?

If you're good-looking, and have a great vibe, like you indicate in your first post, the women should be gravitating towards you. Get involved in your community. Give them a chance to get to know you, and warm to you.
Which all goes back to my first post -

He is clearly doing something wrong, subconsciously I'm sure, that is keeping women from thinking he's date/mate material because women who know him as friends rave about him, but he can't get a woman's attention otherwise.

Until he can attract women to him, they'll never have a chance to get to know him. So he's got to figure out what messages he is sending out when he is in public among folks, or just talking to women on the phone whose numbers he's managed to get.

Old 03-22-2013, 10:33 PM

Wait...............

Is this Brahmabull?

Old 03-22-2013, 10:34 PM

96 posts, read 81,616 times
Quote:

1 is too old to set me up with her friends. The other 1 said that she would do that but hasn't followed on her promise

Old 03-22-2013, 10:35 PM

2,650 posts, read 3,011,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Then I will reiterate, you are doing SOMETHING that you don't realize you are doing that puts women off or gives them the impression you are not interested - getting a date is just not that hard.

Talk to your women friends like I suggested and get their input
Exactly. But taken further if he is what he says he is it isn't all that long before he meets a woman who will lead him through the entire process making sure he doesn't screw it up along the way. It doesn't add up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships