Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 10:54 AM

1,450 posts, read 1,898,714 times

Advertisements

I don't really notice cars. As long as they have air conditioning, heating and are generally reliable I don't think about them.

My own preference is to drive a car that isn't a gas guzzler.....I am a bit turned off by those who drive vehicles much larger/less fuel efficient than what they need.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2013, 10:57 AM

31,074 posts, read 22,086,243 times
I always have a mundane vehicle for my daily transportion but have a few older cars because you can't beat the feel. Some women are turned off because you end up smelling like gas and oil when you drive an old muscle car or Vette. It may be a little primative but its a blast to drive.
Attached Thumbnails
Guys and the cars they drive, whats your honest opinion?-vet3.jpg  

Old 03-25-2013, 11:28 AM

2,732 posts, read 3,585,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkspur123 View Post
Something like the pic you posted would be more for the purpose of impressing other guys, right. I don't see that it would really draw women in who wouldn't have been attracted to you without the car gimmicks?
The whole point is getting women to notice you in which a few 12 inch subs in the trunk can easily do. If you have sound, you could pull into a college campus and within a few minutes have a small crowd around you.

hottie hair trick - YouTube

2 Orion 12.2 HCCA MY FIRST HAIRTRICK !!!! - YouTube

Old 03-25-2013, 11:39 AM

1,479 posts, read 2,720,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Know Nonsense View Post
Flash style and image does not equate to to integrity or substance.
Agreed. Drive what you want to drive but dont try and fool yourself into thinking that having a flashy car will make you someone that you're not or give you character or integrity. Just look at all the rapper guys. Flashy cars, lots of money but they're still just the same foul mouthed, rude half brained, chauvinistic booze hounds they were when they lived in da' hood.

Old 03-25-2013, 11:56 AM

3,360 posts, read 8,390,974 times
Couldn't care less about a man's car. When I met my husband he was driving a Diesel Rabbit, horsepower all of 55. He's since driven Porsches and one Jag, which was a piece of crap mechanically. I loved him just as much driving a rickety VW as a Porsche. Didn't matter.

Any woman that would date a jerk just because he drives a fancy car but ignores the nice, educated, employed and monogamous man who drives an '89 Toyota gets what she deserves. Men erroneously think some high-powered car will get them women. Sure, maybe shallow women with the sense and IQ of a laying hen, but a real woman? Dream on.

Old 03-25-2013, 12:06 PM

31,074 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Clean View Post
I know there are a lot of wealthy guys who are frugal and will never get rid of that 1980s Volvo til the day they die.
80s Volvo Talk about false economy in addition to risking breaking down in the middle of nowhere in a defunct vehicle

Old 03-25-2013, 12:18 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,040,258 times
I've actually never owned a car before, so it's a complete non-issue for me. I barely notice what people drive.

Old 03-25-2013, 01:04 PM

4,927 posts, read 5,316,274 times
Quote:
<snip> I noticed the woman in the car next to me was checking out the guy all the way.
Maybe they are interested in the gentleman driving those cars (or his financial portfolios)...or on the other hand they may be trying to determine what sort of man needs those types of road candy to attract a woman (women).

<snip> do I really want another car payment, do I really want another car that boozes on 4) gas (10mpg!), but then I say it will pull my boat easier, nicer to drive, and it's a chick magnet. <snip> [/quote]

Yes, see here you garner points by thinking in a practical and economical manner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs4 fan View Post
<snip> I expect a lot of comments referring to the size of his junk.
<snip>
I haven't seen any (comments) yet...but I have not read every post either. It does seem odd that junk and the subject of cars somehow have a linear relationship...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Know Nonsense View Post
<snip> Flash style and image does not equate to to integrity or substance. <snip>
Yeah...bravo KN I agree I will certainly have some high end integrity and substance over a high end vehicle any day of the week.

Quote:
yeah, i expected that, along with other useles comments about materialism and shallowness. but hopefully there are some honest good opinion because I know people have an opinion about the car their mate (or potential mate) drive.
I would prefer they drive what makes them happy and I would hope that what makes them happy is not a sports car or other high end vehicle. Yes, I know that in and of itself is some type of discrimination but I like to think it is along the lines of discriminating taste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
I like a guy with a useful vehicle (truck, old-school SUV) <snip>
I make exceptions for classic American muscle cars.
Yes, ^this & ^this!

[quote=Chowhound;28799300] <snip> It just seems like women just don't care as much about "rides" as men do... IDK.. I could be wrong. <snip>

I think you're right C but to the extent that I do care it is merely like their choice in other things...classic, not overyly priced, and yet practical in a nice understated way!

Quote:
<snip> aside from the part where women dont care as much. My other car is a black porsche convertible and I get lots of comments on it from women passing by (yeah a few gold diggers i'm sure) but dates and gf's also prefer it over my Toyota truck lol.
I say concentrate more on the type of woman you are trying to attract and then match your vehicle choice to that criteria. Or drive whatever you really like and let your sense of style and your character speak for itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazykatlady View Post
<snip> I prefer subtle.
^ This

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastwomanstanding View Post
<snip> It is nice to be in a really nice car sometimes but it is so much more important WHO you're with.
This is the most important criteria for both men and women...in my humble opinion!

OR as Ulysses61 has posted...Any woman that would date a insert "any man" here just because he drives a fancy car but ignores the nice, educated, employed and monogamous man who drives an '89 Toyota gets what she deserves.

Best regards, sincerely

HomeIsWhere...

Last edited by HomeIsWhere...; 03-25-2013 at 01:40 PM..

Old 03-25-2013, 01:04 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,593,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
So true. But what's funny is that just because a person drives a nice car, that doesn't automatically mean that the person even owns the car, and is financially stable.

I personalty know 2 people who are millionaires and one drives a Toyota Prius, and the other man drove an old Toyota Tercel hatchback for decades. On the other hand, I know many people who drive around in expensive luxury cars but they either lease it, or they bought the expensive car to keep up with the Joneses even though they really can't afford it.
Delving into the esoteric aspects of financial stability or whether or not you can or can't afford something is irrelevant for the sake of this discussion. That's nobody's business but your own anyway unless you're talking about your wife or serious life partner. But to the rest of the world you pretty much are what you appear to be. Feel free to argue the merits or injustice of that, but it is what it is.

Old 03-25-2013, 01:07 PM

2,336 posts, read 7,030,837 times
A dude with a crappy car may be compensating for it with a huge willy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships