Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2013, 11:42 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
NEWSFLASH, MEN!!!!!

I am not looking at you. I could give a flying crap about YOU.
I am looking at your car. Because I love cars. I have my own $$$ and my own fancy cars and my own ability to buy whatever car.

I have seen the same Ferraris, Lambos, R8s, Maseratis, and Maybachs around here a TON of times, and except for the lady in the fur coat and turban (noticed this because it was the middle of JULY), I have not one clue what any of the people driving these cars looked like.

I think guys seriously overestimate how much interest they are generating with their cars. I have NEVER heard a single woman I know say something about how attractive a guy was because of his car.

Now if it's a run-down beater with trash inside it, THAT is a different story. My parents keep their cars for years...like 10-20 years. And no matter how old the cars were, they never looked like crap. That's just pride in ownership and not being a lazy ****. So don't give me some dumb excuse about how you're not materialistic and only golddiggers care if you car looks nice. If my parents can keep a 1983 Honda Prelude and a 1987 Plymouth Voyager not looking like crap (while raising 2 children and 2 dogs in them!), it's the least you can do, too.

Sorry about the last rant. But people are effin' disgusting with what they do to their cars and trashing the inside. It's just gross.
THIS!! Well said!
Being into cars and the status they supposedly convey is a guy thing, not, for the most part, a gal thing. Those women you see noticing guys and their cars in ads are just to get you guys hooked, it's to sell cars, it's not how women really think. Sex sells, it's all a marketing ploy. It's not real.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2013, 11:51 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
My wife hates my car right now (GS Vette)...says it's loud and it rumbles and isn't as comfortable as my last car. She hates convertibles because of her hair.
My ex wasn't into cars like that, either. My other ex (model) would look at cars like that and ask, "What the hell's the point of that?"

So the 'Vette does NOT get them wet...as the expression goes.

Old 03-23-2013, 11:51 AM

968 posts, read 1,138,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
THIS!! Well said!
Being into cars and the status they supposedly convey is a guy thing, not, for the most part, a gal thing. Those women you see noticing guys and their cars in ads are just to get you guys hooked, it's to sell cars, it's not how women really think. Sex sells, it's all a marketing ploy. It's not real.
Not true....

http://www.screensavers21.com/images...trick-6281.jpg

Danica Patrick Go Daddy Speeding Commercial - Internet only version! - YouTube

Danica Patrick Fastest In Daytona Practice - YouTube

Old 03-23-2013, 11:53 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
Don't care, not into cars, and am more likely to be interested in somebody who doesn't sink extravagant amounts of money into them. Neat, clean, and running is pretty much my criteria for automotive stuff. I'm an economy car girl, all the way.

Old 03-23-2013, 11:58 AM

968 posts, read 1,138,245 times
Quote:
My wife hates my car right now (GS Vette)...says it's loud and it rumbles and isn't as comfortable as my last car. She hates convertibles because of her hair.
My ex wasn't into cars like that, either. My other ex (model) would look at cars like that and ask, "What the hell's the point of that?"

Haha.....

0-100mph Shelby Cobra - YouTube

Old 03-23-2013, 12:40 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,829,023 times
My overall favorite vehicle is a Dodge Caravan (minivan). I owned 2 before meeting my wife, and we are now on #4. Great for camping, road tripping etc. Never thought I'd see the day I'd be caught dead driving a minivan...but now I'll never "not" own one. Hell, van #2 had spinner rims! Talk about getting some looks at stop lights!

Old 03-23-2013, 12:43 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,996,352 times
Seeing as how I don't give a damn about what kind of car I drive, and the only requisite I have in a car is that it gets me from point A to B reliably, if women judge me on the car I drive, they aren't worth my time.

Old 03-23-2013, 12:54 PM

2,650 posts, read 3,012,284 times
Quote:

I've had a couple C6s, first a base car when C6 came out and then a Z06. Really liked those cars, fun as hell and unlike some much more expensive hardware I've had they always started and never left me stranded. I might pick up a C7 when the Z whatever comes out.

Old 03-23-2013, 01:00 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,742,544 times
I let my car, the Silver Panther, post this.

"I was a graduation gift for my owner, the Dissenter. He busts his a^# to pay for me. He treats me like the lady I am just as I am sure he will treat any other lady he likes well. If a girl does not like him because he drives me and not a gotdamn Mercedes or BMW, that girl can go herself, since she does not deserve a good genuine man like my owner, The Dissenter."

Old 03-23-2013, 01:01 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
My overall favorite vehicle is a Dodge Caravan (minivan). I owned 2 before meeting my wife, and we are now on #4. Great for camping, road tripping etc. Never thought I'd see the day I'd be caught dead driving a minivan...but now I'll never "not" own one. Hell, van #2 had spinner rims! Talk about getting some looks at stop lights!
Minivans are very practical. Great for hauling stuff, and for camping.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships