Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 09:21 AM

650 posts, read 699,696 times

Advertisements

With me, you get two phone calls if I really like you. You get one phone call if I wasn't really impressed by you. You don't return my call? I take your number out of my phone and you can consider that your hint was taken.

I refuse to chase after women. Rejection hurts too much for that.

Sorry.

My motto is "If I wouldn't do it (such as ignore a phone call from a member of the opposite sex) then its a negative message to me if you do it" and its damn near impossible not to realize someone called you on the phone.

How many chances do you or would you give?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2013, 09:23 AM

1,000 posts, read 1,122,703 times
If a woman is not answering the second call you are right, do not chase.

I do not understand why rejection hurts so much to men. We women get judged and rejected all the time and is not the end of the world. It is part of life.

Old 03-24-2013, 09:45 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,512,751 times
If it's very early on in the dating process. Only one for me. I will wait a couple of days for a response, but I am not calling again.

Old 03-24-2013, 09:54 AM

4,699 posts, read 4,042,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garonick View Post
I generally don't experience that as I don't date in that way. If the relationship is going nowhere then we will just remain friends or stop contacting each other.

If she loses interest she won't ignore me, but respond slower and less detailed. The only time she will ignore you is if you don't get the hint. I will take that as a hint to either fix the problems, or look elsewhere.

So if a girl suddenly stop contacting me it is likely due to me unintentionally hurting her or she is having problems and losing contact with everyone. Hence I will use a little effort to get her to talk to me again, so we can talk about it.

Old 03-24-2013, 10:10 AM

1,839 posts, read 3,053,577 times
As I am female, I quit easily. If you flake on me, for sure I'm not calling to find out what happened, no matter how much I like you. If I initiate contact twice, even if you asked me to (because I'm starting to think what men say they like really is not an indicator of what they really like.) and you inquire about my schedule but do not try to make plans with me, the ball's in your court now. Also, doesn't matter the man's circumstances or how much I like him. And I'm sorry, but if I am no longer interested and you are just not taking the hints , for example, I've said no to more than one of your date invites and I have ignored you at least once, I think I'm going to have to go back in to ignore mode. How many times will you try to ask a girl out before you conclude the ball is in her court? And if you initiate texting , do you wait for her to initiate next time or do you continue , as men, to take the lead if she is responsive?

Old 03-24-2013, 10:25 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,053,083 times
2 is good. If they don't call back after the second one they are not interested.

Old 03-24-2013, 10:28 AM

13 posts, read 18,935 times
Quote:
With me, you get two phone calls if I really like you. You get one phone call if I wasn't really impressed by you. You don't return my call? I take your number out of my phone and you can consider that your hint was taken.

Sorry.

My motto is "If I wouldn't do it (such as ignore a phone call from a member of the opposite sex) then its a negative message to me if you do it" and its damn near impossible not to realize someone called you on the phone.

You are right!! Two calls, on the off chance that the first message was not received, then make the return call. You don't want anyone who plays games anyway, or makes you wait five days before returning your call. So yes, one call, maybe two. chalk it up as a loss and move on. there loss

Old 03-24-2013, 11:53 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,584,839 times
I`m a female. Back in the dating days, I would walk away if he didn`t return my call in 2 days!

Old 03-24-2013, 12:11 PM

19,959 posts, read 30,016,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MauriceP View Post
If a woman is not answering the second call you are right, do not chase.

I do not understand why rejection hurts so much to men. We women get judged and rejected all the time and is not the end of the world. It is part of life.
good point

women are better at this-and a little smarter, sometimes men will think this one woman represents the whole species of women
-while a woman will look at one guy as an individual

Old 03-24-2013, 12:20 PM

3,494 posts, read 4,654,939 times
Quote:

Sorry.

Exactly the same.
2 phone calls if I thought something was there.
1 phone call if not.
After that, your number is deleted.

Bumped into a girl whose number I deleted a year before, and she was like "you should call me". Told her "I deleted your number, sorry". She asked for my phone and re-saved her number. (Actually, she called me so I'd have her phone number and made me save it.)
10 minutes later it was re-deleted.
To be fair, I took her out, asked for a second date and got nothing. So, I moved on...I wasn't going back in time. Don't want to re-live life....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships