Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 01:21 PM

968 posts, read 1,137,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
How important is it to having a trustworthy partner who won't **** shame you for your perhaps "taboo" desires? If you consider yourself a feminist, are you conflicted at all by the desire to be dominated by a physically stronger man in the bedroom? (only if this applies to you) Does the thought of driving a man so wild that he forces himself on you hotter than the act itself? What is off limits for you and what's fair game? Why does being naughty feel so good? Are there certain things you'll only entertain in your head that you wouldn't actually do with a suitable willing partner/partners?

Obviously, this isn't the place to go into specifics (keep it PG13 please), but I think there is a huge taboo about women expressing their desires publicly to begin with (even after the so called sexual revolution). If the revolution occurred, shouldn't there be less stigma associated with sexually liberalized women?
Quit screwing around Tex....you KNOW those country girls don't like it that way...

Snap out of it....snap out of it DAMMIT!

Old 03-24-2013, 01:21 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,734,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
A little harsh in this thread, most romantic novels marketed to females display the exact same fantasies the OP is talking about. Head down to your nearest romantic section and just crack open the books. Nearly all of them play host to the tall, mysterious, masculine stranger. And nearly all of them are written by women.
It's not harsh at all. This is a Relationship forum, not your get-your-jollies forum by sniffing around women's fantasies.

Old 03-24-2013, 01:22 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,870,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
Nah, I'll play. But you're right - he's being inappropriate.

Dude, you need to read up on D/s and BDSM play and the rules that accompany those concepts. If this is the stuff you're interested in you should educate yourself on the "culture" and how it operates. You just come off as green and undisciplined with your questions. This ain't the board for it. There's a ****-ton of chat sites and whatnot that are devoted to the topics you want to discuss here. But it's not really a relationships question when the vibe you give is that you're just waiting to whack off to the answers.
To me, the being apart of the "culture" sounds creepy to me. As if there is some secret card carrying society you must apart of to explore such things... The topic of discussion is only inappropriate if folks can't stay within the PG13 forum parameters.

Old 03-24-2013, 01:22 PM

2,386 posts, read 3,268,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
A little harsh in this thread, most romantic novels marketed to females display the exact same fantasies the OP is talking about. Head down to your nearest romantic section and just crack open the books. Nearly all of them play host to the tall, mysterious, masculine stranger. And nearly all of them are written by women.
I agree I have read roughly 100books that express these types of desires. One of The best selling books last year was Fifty Shades of Grey. I read the book and I though it was great that was all about BDSM. Personally being dominated by a man appeals to me and it does not make me a weak female I know what I like and I'm not ashamed of that.

Old 03-24-2013, 01:24 PM

102,183 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elained10 View Post
Lots of woman have these fantasies there's nothing wrong with it in my opinion. These are personal desires as long as they are carried out safely and both adults agree then I do t see how it's creepy?
The OP seems to assume it's normal, that all men and women are into this. I think JrzDefector is steering the OP in the right direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
Nah, I'll play. But you're right - he's being inappropriate.

Dude, you need to read up on D/s and BDSM play and the rules that accompany those concepts. If this is the stuff you're interested in you should educate yourself on the "culture" and how it operates. You just come off as green and undisciplined with your questions. This ain't the board for it. There's a ****-ton of chat sites and whatnot that are devoted to the topics you want to discuss here. But it's not really a relationships question when the vibe you give is that you're just waiting to whack off to the answers.

Old 03-24-2013, 01:30 PM

14,376 posts, read 18,362,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
To me, the being apart of the "culture" sounds creepy to me. As if there is some secret card carrying society you must apart of to explore such things... The topic of discussion is only inappropriate if folks can't stay within the PG13 forum parameters.
When you're talking about pushing the boundaries of consent and playing with dominance and submission, the "culture" is really the only thing that keeps it from descending into creepiness.

Old 03-24-2013, 01:30 PM

2,386 posts, read 3,268,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
The OP seems to assume it's normal, that all men and women are into this. I think JrzDefector is steering the OP in the right direction.
But it is normal. Just because it doesn't appeal to everyone does not mean its not normal. Being gay doesn't appeal to everyone but its normal. Sexual preference is normal for that I individual and they should not be judged based on what kind of sex they like.

Old 03-24-2013, 01:32 PM

2,590 posts, read 4,529,674 times
Isn't this sort of thing the exact reason all those supposedly crappy "50 Shades" books sell so well?

I mean...I've never read them or anything but aren't they about this very sort of thing or did I misunderstand the question?

Old 03-24-2013, 01:33 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Wait whoah there. Ok whoah I like to be dominated in the bedroom by a bf or husband. But if I say no. There isn't going to be force. Good lord.

Old 03-24-2013, 01:35 PM

968 posts, read 1,137,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Wait whoah there. Ok whoah I like to be dominated in the bedroom by a bf or husband. But if I say no. There isn't going to be force. Good lord.
Hell no...you'll use the bat on his noggin'.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships