Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 04:19 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,892,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackandgold51 View Post
That is foolish....so they mean to say that even though their engaged they still play the "Well were not Married yet"card?

Bullcrap.
Yes they do. I still think it is morally wrong and to be honest hope my future husband doesn't have a bachelor party (and if I marry this guy he wouldn't even want one).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2013, 04:28 PM

1,809 posts, read 5,422,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Yes they do. I still think it is morally wrong and to be honest hope my future husband doesn't have a bachelor party (and if I marry this guy he wouldn't even want one).
You know what? What's the point of having a Bachelor Party for when you the perskn you are enagged with have one when you're. Not there anyway?

Why not the both of you go to a strip club together for that matter.

I myself wouldn't want my Girlfriend to have a strip party where only her and her girl friends are there and when someththing happens between my girlfriend and the stripper, her friwnds keeps it a secret without me kkonowing.

Old 03-24-2013, 04:41 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,892,503 times
Quote:
You know what? What's the point of having a Bachelor Party for when you the perskn you are enagged with have one when you're. Not there anyway?

Why not the both of you go to a strip club together for that matter.

I myself wouldn't want my Girlfriend to have a strip party where only her and her girl friends are there and when someththing happens between my girlfriend and the stripper, her friwnds keeps it a secret without me kkonowing.
I honestly don't know the appeal but I understand the idea of bachelor/bachelorette parties, such as going out to drink or sitting around and watching movies. It's a way to celebrate the upcoming nuptials. If I get married I might have a night where some of my friends and relatives get together and maybe go dancing but maybe just sit inside and eat food and watch bridal movies. I would hope my groom did something like this or better yet we all went out to party. Then again I may not even do this or he won't do something either.

Old 03-24-2013, 05:00 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
But people need to have Common Sense that Right is Right and Wrong is Wrong.

Those same people wouldn't like it of someone that they are with was messing around with someone else. Especially when both of them had agreed to each other not to commit adultry behind each others bavk.

No excuses whatsoever. Which most nowadays just come up with to do wrong in a Relationship..
I don't know about "morally wrong", but it's a simple matter of being thoughtful of your partner's feelings. Also, once you cheat, it tends to involve lying to the person you're supposedly committed to, which only makes a bad situation worse.

OP, you still haven't told us where you got this idea that everyone but you thinks it's ok to cheat before marriage. You didn't get that idea here, or at least, not from most of the threads on that topic here.

Old 03-24-2013, 05:06 PM

1,809 posts, read 5,422,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I don't know about "morally wrong", but it's a simple matter of being thoughtful of your partner's feelings. Also, once you cheat, it tends to involve lying to the person you're supposedly committed to, which only makes a bad situation worse.

OP, you still haven't told us where you got this idea that everyone but you thinks it's ok to cheat before marriage. You didn't get that idea here, or at least, not from most of the threads on that topic here.
First off, some the other day who I had talked to said that 2 people who are a Couple can ztill go with other people and sleep with other people since the 2 are not Married.

Which, I disagree.

Also, I not only got that from the personvthat I had talked with but from the media such as Music, movies amd others.

And the "thing" that I said is CALLED EXCUSE.

Old 03-24-2013, 05:08 PM

52,250 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post

define moral - Bing DICTIONARY

Old 03-24-2013, 07:29 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,695,304 times
Yep totally ok and I would do it if I actually had an interest in it.

Old 03-24-2013, 08:05 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,105,040 times
So it's okay to sleep around and be with different people because "the two of you are not Married"?

Not for me. I couldn't do that.

IMO, if two people are in a committed relationship, doing anything that you don't want the other person to see is cheating. I am completely against hurting the other person for selfish reasons. If one person wants to mess around with someone outside the relationship, then they should end the relationship first.

Could it be that someone wants to be with different people because they aren't trying or communicating in the relationship?

Old 03-24-2013, 09:09 PM

393 posts, read 466,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
I am completely against hurting the other person for selfish reasons. If one person wants to mess around with someone outside the relationship, then they should end the relationship first.
And telling someone "I'm breaking up with you because I want to sleep with someone else" wouldn't be "hurting the other person for selfish reasons"??? At least with infidelity, there's a good chance it can be done without them getting hurt (if they don't find out). With what you're proposing, there's no chance of that.

Old 03-24-2013, 09:20 PM

1,839 posts, read 3,066,325 times
Cheating is cheating. People's word that you are exclusive with each other is enough to say someone is cheating if they began to have sex w other people. You should have actions to back up a promise of exclusivity, though, not just a word. Marriage has nothing to do with the discussion , only that it is the highest form of commitment. Doesn't mean other forms do not count.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships