Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2013, 11:31 PM

4,039 posts, read 3,773,496 times

Advertisements

Situation 1:
I work at a public place offering customer service once in a while or just working on the floor, and on occasion I see a few cute guys, but don't want to come off as sleazy or get in trouble for hitting on the customers! I think one of my coworkers married one though so I gotta ask her how she did it lol.

Situation 2:
Seeing a cute guy at a public location like the park, a coffee shop, a bar, etc. where you'll both probably stay for a while. Again, it seems kind of hard to come off as sleazy, unless I go up to him and say something stupid like "do you have the time?"

Situation 3:
Seeing someone cute at the store, on the streets, bus, or anywhere where it's a quick interaction. Again, don't know how to do it.

The hardest thing about these situations is you don't know if they're single or not, so the best bet is to just be friendly I guess. But what's a good way to do that if I don't really have a reason to talk to them? In high school, my friend would purposely drop something in front of a guy she thought was cute to get their attention lol. Men who have been approached by women, what worked/didn't worked? Tips?

PS. I tried online dating and it seems I prefer meeting people in person after all. It's just more exciting and I actually don't know which is riskier. And I don't have a whole bunch of time or money now to take classes to meet people, otherwise there are a few classes I'd love to take and might have some studs: tennis, martial arts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2013, 02:43 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,426,017 times
Regardless of the situation if you are interested, the end goal should always be to get her phone number or another way of staying in contact.

So you have some small talk, then say something along the lines of "I'd be keen to grab a coffee with you sometime, whats your number?".

Old 03-28-2013, 02:55 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,217,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKelly View Post
Situation 1:
I work at a public place offering customer service once in a while or just working on the floor, and on occasion I see a few cute guys, but don't want to come off as sleazy or get in trouble for hitting on the customers! I think one of my coworkers married one though so I gotta ask her how she did it lol.

Situation 2:
Seeing a cute guy at a public location like the park, a coffee shop, a bar, etc. where you'll both probably stay for a while. Again, it seems kind of hard to come off as sleazy, unless I go up to him and say something stupid like "do you have the time?"

Situation 3:
Seeing someone cute at the store, on the streets, bus, or anywhere where it's a quick interaction. Again, don't know how to do it.

The hardest thing about these situations is you don't know if they're single or not, so the best bet is to just be friendly I guess. But what's a good way to do that if I don't really have a reason to talk to them? In high school, my friend would purposely drop something in front of a guy she thought was cute to get their attention lol. Men who have been approached by women, what worked/didn't worked? Tips?

PS. I tried online dating and it seems I prefer meeting people in person after all. It's just more exciting and I actually don't know which is riskier. And I don't have a whole bunch of time or money now to take classes to meet people, otherwise there are a few classes I'd love to take and might have some studs: tennis, martial arts.
its much much easier for a girl to cold approach a guy,,, than a guy to cold approach a woman..

asking for directions, or where something is-works pretty good, just go up and smile, and ask- and when you walk away, give a little look back and smile..

mistaken identity works pretty good too, ive had woman,,slowly approach and ask if i was someone else,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships