Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 09:26 AM

2,516 posts, read 5,672,884 times

Advertisements

I'm out on blondes. My least favorite hair color. Granted, it's not a deal breaker or anything but I find black hair and red hair waaaaay hotter. I do find that my male counterparts in Dallas tend to prefer blondes. I don't get it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2013, 09:40 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,444,235 times
Hair color has never been a factor in choosing to date someone. If everything were equal (which is impossible) between two women, I'd give a very slight preference to the non-blonde one.

Old 03-29-2013, 09:40 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,136,834 times
Honestly, I used to prefer blondes. And probably to some degree still do. My current gf is blonde. That was my prefference growing up and into my late twenties. Then the girl whom I was with before my current gf told me, "you do know that half of these girls aren't blonde don't you?" She killed it for me. She was right, I think that more than half the blondes that you see in life aren't really natural blondes. She was and that was probably why she said it..You can't just kill a mans dream.

Before my gf I was starting to value silky dark haired women more. I've always loved red heads too. But my gf is blonde so typically I've fallen back to sticking to my blondes.

Old 05-03-2013, 09:53 AM

1,217 posts, read 2,591,433 times
Well I think its true that blonde hair does get more attention on average. I see black, asian and many other dark haired women lighten their hair color and even go blonde. Blondes are soft on the eyes but of course they don't monopolize the desirability list for everyone. And it very much depends on the person - you can have any hair color or nationality and be good looking. I may bite my tounge for saying this but I find many (but not all) of them a bit more on the high maintenance side than average, but I've also known of some incredibility intelligent, ambitious, down-to-earth ones. I guess they are just used to getting attention. But I do like blondes but prefer women of mediterranean descent (italian, spanish, greek, portugese) who are usually not blonde.

Old 05-03-2013, 10:08 AM

1,233 posts, read 1,779,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_windwalker View Post
Seems someone did a survey, and the saying that, "Blondes Have More Fun", doesn't mean they get the men. Blondes are fine when you just want to have fun. But, when it's time to get serious, Blonde????
Actually, I'd have gone with the red, but that's me. Out of a thousand men, 54% would prefer a brunette wife. Only 16% said they'd choose a blonde. And, 30% had no preference. Looks like the blondes do not have it after all. Personally, dark hair that has brilliant red hi-lights in the sunlight is the best there is. But, again... That's me.

Poll: Men say brunettes make better wives- The Heart Beat - MSN Living
Yes, I like dark hair.

Old 05-03-2013, 10:27 AM

845 posts, read 1,345,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
Honestly, I used to prefer blondes. And probably to some degree still do. My current gf is blonde. That was my prefference growing up and into my late twenties. Then the girl whom I was with before my current gf told me, "you do know that half of these girls aren't blonde don't you?" She killed it for me. She was right, I think that more than half the blondes that you see in life aren't really natural blondes. She was and that was probably why she said it..You can't just kill a mans dream.

Before my gf I was starting to value silky dark haired women more. I've always loved red heads too. But my gf is blonde so typically I've fallen back to sticking to my blondes.
Oh me to. After hearing that most women will change their color to blonde, just for the look, that killed for me as well. I think they still look attractive but always wonder what their color really is.

Old 05-03-2013, 10:29 AM

1,304 posts, read 2,569,007 times
You have to remember what people say in surveys and what they actually do in real life differ occasionally.

Old 05-03-2013, 11:47 AM

1,341 posts, read 1,622,111 times
I've just bothered to Google some data on marriage to see how good men really are, not to use anecdotal stories. And guess what? ..
Men sure know who makes better wives, given the fact that over half of the marriages will break apart, plus we live in an age when unmarried couples live their relationships which never see the point of marriage because they often break apart and a good number will simply not even bother to marry. On top of that, most women are dyeing their hair.

Seriously now... if someone thinks that hair color plays role in making a better spouse, then the solution to social stupidity would be so easy - as cheap as a few dollars, cheapest dark hair color that you can buy in your local store. Once again, if you want to have something to make you stick out of the crowd, simply take reddish color - you'll stick out. Have you not noticed that once long ago an ideal woman was not an overweight but outright FAT woman? Check it out now - soap industry could use all that fat much better from both men and women, because an ideal is a thin (even anorexic) woman. Face it, you cannot keep with the fashion trends because you aren't the one who makes them.
My opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships