Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2013, 03:41 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiburonLoL View Post
Nope, I specifically steer clear from that example for obvious reasons. I'm glad you can see the correlation though.

It's implied that she's wants a free pass (clean slate) with her fiance, that's the point. Her sexual past is a big deal to him, she knows this (or could sense this), thus she wants a clean slate so she can be with him. That's why she lied and said her number was so low. Yeah, perhaps she grew up but lying right at the start of the relationship isn't a good sign anyways. Especially about something so "trivial" (as people are making it out to be)

I think times have really changed, not trying to offend or anything, most of the girls I know right now in my classes aren't sexually active. Even my current gf, who I met at the start of this fall semester was a virgin. Men who are promiscuous aren't viewed the same way either by these women, they're not seen as experienced "sex gods" but just seen as guys who are a little shady (generalization) plus if you have one..... STDS might as well be sexual repellent these days. That's getting a little off topic though.
Where do you go to school? I assure you, my college days may be behind me but I know enough people in college to know that sexual promiscuity is not becoming extinct.

Old 04-01-2013, 03:45 PM

Location: Even funnier how, when you make a rational argument..
45 posts, read 41,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Where do you go to school? I assure you, my college days may be behind me but I know enough people in college to know that sexual promiscuity is not becoming extinct.
University of Toronto. I know parties still exist, I know frats still exist, sexual promiscuity is still out there of course... but in all honesty, I think people are maturing at a much quicker age, plus thinking about ones future at an early age is more prevalent than ever. When you think about your future, you understand the consequences that your actions will have. I could list various examples of this line of reasoning but I'm sure you get the point.

Old 04-01-2013, 03:46 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,711,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
I don't think most people consider every bit of fooling around on the level of intercourse. Most people talk in terms of home runs, not bases. Are you going to ask your boyfriends how many women they've gone down on? How many shirts they went up? How many pants they unzipped? What about kissing? Where do you draw the line?

I am open about everything and expect the same. Its the past. No big deal. If people were secure enough with themselves they would be ok with talking about anything. Right?

Old 04-01-2013, 03:49 PM

31,041 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
It sounds like you are equating giving a lot of blow jobs with having a criminal record or something. Now, personally, my "number" is very low - even if I include oral, which I don't. Most of the girls that I knew that slept around a lot in college did so because they had low self esteem. Some of them grew up, learned to love themselves, and went on to have successful relationships. I don't see this as "getting a free pass" because I don't see how their promiscuity hurt anyone but themselves.
"Most of the girls that I knew that slept around a lot in college did so because they had low self esteem."
Why does it seem that a woman who has more than a few partners needs some sort of excuse? She may just like sex. How terrible

Old 04-01-2013, 03:50 PM

Quote:
University of Toronto. I know parties still exist, I know frats still exist but in all honesty I think people are maturing at a much quicker age, plus thinking about ones future at an early age is more prevalent than ever. When you think about your future, you understand the consequences that your actions will have. I could list various examples of this line of reasoning but I'm sure you get the point.
I'm sure you might believe this - but I really don't believe it at all. Sorry. I know far too many college kids and I know how it felt to be that age myself. You may see this among your social circle - but don't be fooled into think this is a world wide trend.

I don't think she should have lied to her boyfriend - but since I don't include blow jobs in my "number" - I'm not so sure she really lied to him. But I think the whole post is BS anyway. I highly doubt that everyone at the reunion made it that clear that she had slept around when she was in college. Who would do that?

And like I said, my number is very low. So is my husband's. If I found out he had lied about his number, I'd be mad but it's not like I'm going to divorce him or anything. It's not like he'd suddenly be a different person than he is now.

Old 04-01-2013, 03:53 PM

Location: Even funnier how, when you make a rational argument..
45 posts, read 41,832 times
Quote:
I'm sure you might believe this - but I really don't believe it at all.
Believe what you want, up to you. I'm in university, have a great social life and I'm experiencing it first hand. Maybe things are different in the states (probably is, since we don't really have frats here anyways) Most people my age are concerned with grades, jobs, investments and planning for the future, parties, drinking and clubbing is all what we do on our spare time. Work hard now, play hard later. I think back in your day you could still get away with partying all the time and land a decent job in the future, more competition nowadays makes that harder to do. (Again a little off topic)

Quote:
I highly doubt that everyone at the reunion made it that clear that she had slept around when she was in college. Who would do that?
Guys talk about everything, especially something like this (in jest of course). Besides, I thought that it was only one person that let the info slip. I don't think people were broadcasting it to everyone at the reunion.

Quote:
And like I said, my number is very low. So is my husband's. If I found out he had lied about his number, I'd be mad but it's not like I'm going to divorce him or anything. It's not like he'd suddenly be a different person than he is now.
You're married with commitments, OP wasn't. OP, like many other men and women, wouldn't want to get married with someone who just got caught in a lie. A lie that had to with something that was important to the person.

Old 04-01-2013, 03:53 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankhharu View Post
In my best Morgan Freeman voice:
I think this was an an April Fool's setup post. Had he waited till today to post it, nobody would have fell for it. The numbers and content are remarkably similar to the movie Clerks as already brought up by several posters. By making a pre-emptive strike a couple of days before, and gambling on the sustainability (a risk worthy gamble if you spend anytime in this forum and/or done so with a fake handle, whereas one can jump back to his original handle to "stoke the fires" so to speak)of his topic, the OP feels his prank is legimitate even though it was born days before April fools. If this is the case, I officially disqualify this thread on the grounds that it occured prior to April Fools and therefore receives no medals, merit's or awards for successfully pranking the CD members, guests or it's staff.

On a side note, one shouldn't judge someone based on sexual promiscuity in High School or College. Men and woman are going through lots of growing and discovery in their early adult life. It is for these unfair stereotypes and opinions, that causes one to cover up or hide their history. To avoid the obvious negative stigma and judgment associated with it.

I concur with everything you just said

Old 04-01-2013, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
"Most of the girls that I knew that slept around a lot in college did so because they had low self esteem."
Why does it seem that a woman who has more than a few partners needs some sort of excuse? She may just like sex. How terrible

The reason that I said that most of the girls that I knew that slept around a lot in college did so because they had low self esteem was because they actually had low self esteem. My roommate freshman year believed that every guy that she slept with was honestly going to call her the next day. She wasn't even that into the sex. Another friend bases her self worth on how often she has sex. There are some women that truly enjoy sex and have no issues with having lots of casual sex. Those women wouldn't be ashamed of their pasts and lie about it to their SO. Their SO's would already know.

My point is that the if a woman just likes sex and has lots of partners - she wouldn't feel the need to lie about it. A woman that had lots of sex or gave lots of BJ's because of low self esteem probably would feel the need to lie about it because she'd feel ashamed.

Old 04-01-2013, 04:02 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,200,884 times
Quote:
Actions have consequences regardless of what age they're performed, in all facets of life, no one gets a free pass just because they were young. That's the way the world works, that's the way it should work. That's how people learn, advocating a clean slate and just ignoring the past makes absolutely no sense. The past should always be considered regardless of whatever the situation is, only then, do you determine how much meaning you'll put on past actions. That's how the justice system works, that's how business works, that's how life works.

Nope!

Life is about second chances. That's the way the justice system works (suspended sentences, expunged records for minors, parole), that's how business works (bankruptcy protection, people being put on performance improvement plans before being fired, people who get fired from one job getting hired for another), and that's how life works (forgiveness).

You have a lot to learn.

Old 04-01-2013, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Believe what you want, up to you. I'm in university, have a great social life and I'm experiencing it first hand. Maybe things are different in the states (probably is, since we don't really have frats here anyways) Most people my age are concerned with grades, jobs, investments and planning for the future, parties, drinking and clubbing is all what we do on our spare time. Work hard now, play hard later. I think back in your day you could still get away with partying all the time and land a decent job in the future, more competition nowadays makes that harder to do. (Again a little off topic)

Guys talk about everything, especially something like this (in jest of course). Besides, I thought that it was only one person that let the info slip. I don't think people were broadcasting it to everyone at the reunion.

You're married with commitments, OP wasn't. OP, like many other men and women, wouldn't want to get married with someone who just got caught in a lie. A lie that had to with something that was important to the person.
Exactly how old do you think I am? LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships