Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2013, 04:05 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,712,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Nope!

Life is about second chances. That's the way the justice system works (suspended sentences, expunged records for minors, parole), that's how business works (bankruptcy protection, people being put on performance improvement plans before being fired, people who get fired from one job getting hired for another), and that's how life works (forgiveness).

You have a lot to learn.

Second chances are for feel good stories and if you luck out. Truth is sometimes there is no second chance on certain subjects no matter what you do. That may be rough but that is life.

Old 04-01-2013, 04:08 PM

Location: Even funnier how, when you make a rational argument..
45 posts, read 41,836 times
Quote:
Nope!

Life is about second chances. That's the way the justice system works (suspended sentences, expunged records for minors, parole), that's how business works (bankruptcy protection, people being put on performance improvement plans before being fired, people who get fired from one job getting hired for another), and that's how life works (forgiveness).

You have a lot to learn.

I go up against an ex con for a job interview, who's more likely to get hired if we have identical resumes?

You go up for a loan against a person who has filed for bankruptcy, who's more likely to get the loan?

For arguments sake, OP has the choice between a girl who has given 50 bjs and a girl who has given maybe 3... Who's he going to take.

Second chances exist, indeed I'm not arguing that (people learn from their mistakes = second chance). Again, your inability to form a decent argument or rebuttal is beginning to annoy me, don't quote me if you're going to try and put words in my mouth.

The point was that your past comes in to play no matter what you do in life, trying to hide it or lie about it isn't right. That's the way it IS and that's the way it SHOULD stay. Do you want pedophiles lying about their pasts? Ex cons lying about their pasts? Rapists lying about their pasts? (NOT even close to being the same as giving bjs I KNOW but you get the idea) If you don't want your past to bite you! Don't do something you'll regret!

You're the one who needs to get your head out of the sand. Actions have consequences, either small or large whatever, grow up and accept that.

Old 04-01-2013, 04:11 PM

3,184 posts, read 4,847,102 times
Default How to process her past behavior?

I'd recommend Intel's Core i7 processor. "Visibly smart, top-of-the line processing performance for your most demanding tasks" according to Intel's website.

Old 04-01-2013, 04:12 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfunkle524 View Post
I'd recommend Intel's Core i7 processor. "Visibly smart, top-of-the line processing performance for your most demanding tasks" according to Intel's website.
I tried to rep you since I literally laughed out loud - but it won't let me!

Actually, it sounded more like a cackle...

Old 04-01-2013, 04:14 PM

31,043 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfunkle524 View Post
Rep, but I would recommend an AMD product, as you can get all of the performance at a better price

Old 04-01-2013, 04:16 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,202,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post

The reason that I said that most of the girls that I knew that slept around a lot in college did so because they had low self esteem was because they actually had low self esteem. My roommate freshman year believed that every guy that she slept with was honestly going to call her the next day. She wasn't even that into the sex. Another friend bases her self worth on how often she has sex. There are some women that truly enjoy sex and have no issues with having lots of casual sex. Those women wouldn't be ashamed of their pasts and lie about it to their SO. Their SO's would already know.

My point is that the if a woman just likes sex and has lots of partners - she wouldn't feel the need to lie about it. A woman that had lots of sex or gave lots of BJ's because of low self esteem probably would feel the need to lie about it because she'd feel ashamed.

Yep. I knew a girl in college who, well, let's just say her nickname was Slurp. And she had absolutely no problem with it. She married in her mid-20s to a good guy, they have two kids, and as far as I know, they are still together, picket fence and all.

And then there was the time one of my roommates came home in tears because she had a one-night-stand and was afraid of what everyone would think. She made us promise not to tell anyone. "Take this to your grave!"

So it really depends on the person.

Old 04-01-2013, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Exactly how old do you think I am? LOL!
Not necessarily that you're old. You're just happily married (congrats) and OP wasn't. Two completely different stages in life so if you were both put in the same situation, obviously your choices would be different and would require different outlooks etc.

Old 04-01-2013, 04:18 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,202,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
Second chances are for feel good stories and if you luck out. Truth is sometimes there is no second chance on certain subjects no matter what you do. That may be rough but that is life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiburonLoL View Post

You're the one who needs to get your head out of the sand. Actions have consequences, either small or large whatever, grow up and accept that.

Spoken like two very young, very inexperienced people.

Don't worry. This old lady won't hold it against you. When I was your age, I thought I had it all figured out, too.

Old 04-01-2013, 04:19 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,152,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
Not really. She didn't hurt anyone else. Only herself. To me the way life works is you make mistakes, you learn from them, and hopefully you do better and don't repeat those mistakes in the future. What kind of life would it be if every single time you screwed up it was held against you for the rest of your life?

Technically you don't know that. She might have passed around std's. She might have broken up someones relationships. She definately hurt her recent ex. Just saying. For every action, there is a reaction. She is not victimless. Nor is she her only victim. With that many guys, I am pretty sure that their were other parties involved. Don't mean to keep quoting you Strawberry. Not trying to single you out. Just from a holistic view. Many people could have been hurt, not just her.

Old 04-01-2013, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Spoken like two very young, very inexperienced people.

Don't worry. This old lady won't hold it against you. When I was your age, I thought I had it all figured out, too.
Are you serious? So what, you don't want to take responsibility for your actions?

I honestly can't believe what I'm reading.... You're trolling right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships