Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2014, 07:14 AM

7 posts, read 34,945 times

Advertisements

I've been seeing this girl for just over a month. It isn't exclusive yet, but I'd like it to be.

So yesterday, she sends me a text saying "Hey! Did you send me flowers?". My reply was "No, but now I wish I had :-(, ha ha", and then just to be funny "I mean yes, I'll take the credit"

Since she asked me if it was me, she of course doesn't know who they're from. And like I said, we aren't exclusive, so I am not jealous - I have no right to be. I'm just wondering what an appropriate response would be at this point since I clearly have competition.. and I want to crush it!

I do already have a date set up with her this coming Thursday. I was thinking about sending her one of those "edible arrangements" at work, maybe on Monday. But it might be better on Friday, after the date. I just want to make sure she knows I'm interested (which I believe I have been pretty clear about) and give her a reason to get rid of this other guy (as far as I really know they might not be from a guy...)

Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2014, 07:41 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,063,317 times
Don't send her anything...that would look desperate and forced and she'll know the only reason you are sending it is because she got flowers from someone else.

If you want to be exclusive why not just have a conversation with her?

Old 04-05-2014, 07:45 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,715,601 times
If you like her that much then just tell her how you feel.

Don't try to copy what someone else did. Just be yourself. If she chooses that other guy or whoever sent her flowers, then she wasn't for you anyway.

Old 04-05-2014, 07:48 AM

11,362 posts, read 9,275,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb28573848 View Post
I've been seeing this girl for just over a month. It isn't exclusive yet, but I'd like it to be.

So yesterday, she sends me a text saying "Hey! Did you send me flowers?". My reply was "No, but now I wish I had :-(, ha ha", and then just to be funny "I mean yes, I'll take the credit"

Since she asked me if it was me, she of course doesn't know who they're from. And like I said, we aren't exclusive, so I am not jealous - I have no right to be. I'm just wondering what an appropriate response would be at this point since I clearly have competition.. and I want to crush it!

I do already have a date set up with her this coming Thursday. I was thinking about sending her one of those "edible arrangements" at work, maybe on Monday. But it might be better on Friday, after the date. I just want to make sure she knows I'm interested (which I believe I have been pretty clear about) and give her a reason to get rid of this other guy (as far as I really know they might not be from a guy...)

Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?
Bad idea, IMO.

I've been working in office life for most of the past 25 years and I have never seen that so early in dating. Office talk and rumors can lead to embarrassment for her.
If this was your 10th Anniversary or something like during an engagement period then I'd say go for it. That is acceptable for that type of surprise.

My suggestion is to go out on the date and don't worry about who else she may be seeing.
She will decide if she wants to be exclusive with someone.

Old 04-05-2014, 10:09 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
How do you know she didn't send them to herself?

She may be making you step up your game.

Just keep dating her.Treat her right and she may pick you.

Old 04-05-2014, 10:09 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,642,088 times
That HAS to be a game she's playing with you. I mean, how can you NOT know who sent them?

Sounds like some sort of PUA for girls stuff.

I'd be really irritated with her if I were in your shoes.

Old 04-05-2014, 10:11 AM

Thanks for the replies. It does give me some things to think about. I think it is too soon to ask her to be exclusive because she also has her daughter to consider. I'll just see her this coming week and not do anything differently than if she hadn't sent the message about the flowers.

Old 04-05-2014, 10:11 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
That HAS to be a game she's playing with you. I mean, how can you NOT know who sent them?

I'd be really irritated with her if I were you.
Or she generally has a secret amire. Or her mom sent them. Lol

Old 04-05-2014, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post

I'd be really irritated with her if I were in your shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
How do you know she didn't send them to herself?

She may be making you step up your game.

Just keep dating her.Treat her right and she may pick you.

Funny you both added those ideas at the same time. And the thought did cross my mind. In which case this might not be her first attempt to do so. She had a work trip to california a couple weeks ago, and made sure to tell me about the "buddy" she was going to be hanging out with and "walking the beach and pier". Once again, I didn't react to this negatively because we aren't exclusive and she has the right to see whoever she wants.

Old 04-05-2014, 10:17 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,642,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Or she generally has a secret amire. Or her mom sent them. Lol
People don't secretly send flowers unless they're going to reveal it later, so if that's true she knows by now or will know soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships