Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Online dating
Have you ever found a partner/mate on online dating? 8 47.06%
Do you trust the people on dating sites? 5 29.41%
Would you give someone you just met your phone number? 8 47.06%
Do you think people on online dating are serious or just out for fun and/or sex? 9 52.94%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2013, 09:12 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,194,501 times

Advertisements

IMO: People who don't want to be used who figure out that most other people use each other then discard them like they didn't exist won't want to participate in that statistic and opt to go solo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2013, 09:16 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,604,039 times
Todays people are selfish, egotistical and self centered. Fueled by feminst movement and other useless sources, people are forgetting of what it is thats importasnt to opposite sex, and that commitment also means sacrifice and hard work. I dont want to marry a woman who will divorce me once the kids are grown up, because now its her turn to have fun while taking half my ****. I dont want to marry a woman who participates in s1utwalks and thinks its appropriate to service half of the college campus, because she is "going through a phase". Gender equality makes people forget about gender differences. For a man to be in commited relationship today, is a losing proposition, so we do what we can to stay entertained.

Old 03-31-2013, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Todays people are selfish, egotistical and self centered. Fueled by feminst movement and other useless sources, people are forgetting of what it is thats importasnt to opposite sex, and that commitment also means sacrifice and hard work. I dont want to marry a woman who will divorce me once the kids are grown up, because now its her turn to have fun while taking half my ****. I dont want to marry a woman who participates in s1utwalks and thinks its appropriate to service half of the college campus, because she is "going through a phase". Gender equality makes people forget about gender differences. For a man to be in commited relationship today, is a losing proposition, so we do what we can to stay entertained.
^^THIS^^

I agree and that said you'll get at least some women in here that will say that they're not like that in other words "NAWALT", I play it safe as a man these days and assume "AWALT".

Old 03-31-2013, 09:26 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,225,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
^^THIS^^

I agree and that said you'll get at least some women in here that will say that they're not like that in other words "NAWALT", I play it safe as a man these days and assume "AWALT".
What does that acronym stand for again?

Old 03-31-2013, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
What does that acronym stand for again?
"NAWALT" = Not all women are like that.

"AWALT" = All women are like that.

Old 03-31-2013, 01:57 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,721,722 times
Yes, you are in a very tough spot. Try to improve your attitude and don't give up looking.

Old 03-31-2013, 02:29 PM

50,768 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Yes, don't give up. I met my bf online, it's been 2 1/2 years now. Just learn to use it as one tool in the toolbox, don't talk to people too long before meeting, most important don't get invested in ANYONE until they ask you to be their gf and take you off the market.

Old 03-31-2013, 02:44 PM

947 posts, read 1,186,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
What the hell does a feminist movement have to do with people being selfish? People were already selfish and egotistic long before that. Gender differences really keep people apart and does more harm than help.

The problem I see today is that people are more worried about divorce than putting forth responsibility and effort enough in the relationship so that wouldn't happen.

Old 03-31-2013, 02:56 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,992,952 times
OK. Here is how what I always say regarding Online dating.

1. Be attractive.
2. Don't be unattractive.
3. win at online dating.

If you are not attractive looking, don't bother. Speaking from experience.

Old 03-31-2013, 02:57 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,648,445 times
There's questions not answers in the poll!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships