Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 10:04 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,301,769 times

Advertisements

Lived with my OCD bf for almost a year before we broke up and I moved out. Dating again but not living together this time-to keep us both sane.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2013, 11:55 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,108,604 times
I did all the laundry. Skid marks. That's all I'll say. Any future men I live with are doing their own laundry!

Old 04-01-2013, 01:00 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,279,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
I did all the laundry. Skid marks. That's all I'll say. Any future men I live with are doing their own laundry!
Skid marks (guys), ketchup oopsies (girls)…let’s just all do our own laundry.

Old 04-01-2013, 01:03 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,815,510 times
When I say I won't be cooking after class at 9 pm during the week... believe me. Or I kick you out. 'Nuff said.

Old 04-01-2013, 01:06 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
I've had one cohabiting experience. We lived together for five years. I did not own the house and did not want to own the house. The ending was very, very bad (I was blindsided by a very abrupt and unexpected dumping, and while his initial stance was, "I'm so sorry, I know this blindsides you, take as long as you need to get your things together and find a new place and I'll help you however I can," it turned VERY quickly to "Get out of my house, you're lucky I didn't just throw you out on the curb," when it took me a couple of weeks to find an apartment and round up people to help me move my things, and he wanted to move new GF in).

Regardless, I would still live with someone again, depending on the circumstances. Not everyone is like my ex.

Old 04-01-2013, 02:27 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,732,835 times
These people stay living together for 5 or 6 years and then move onto the next, sometimes with 2 or 3 kids. Get ready for the revolving door. But they try and make it like MOST of these people stay cohabiting for 10, 15, 20 years. Yea right.

Old 04-01-2013, 02:29 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
These people stay living together for 5 or 6 years and then move onto the next, sometimes with 2 or 3 kids. Get ready for the revolving door. But they try and make it like MOST of these people stay cohabiting for 10, 15, 20 years. Yea right.
?
We got married.

Old 04-01-2013, 02:34 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
I lived with two guys and never again until marriage. Ironically both had the same first name.

Guy 1: Moved in with him after a short time of dating and lived with him a year. Well, not a year non stop, but I moved in and lived with him about 5 months, moved out for a year, moved back in for 6 months (the last few months we weren't really dating still)then moved out. The good thing is I found out he was an emotionally abusive alcoholic before we considered marriage. The bad thing is we weren't compatible by any means. He was 15 years older and his idea of fun was drinking and doing drugs. He would also insult me in front of his friends. We broke up the first time with little contact, then got together again, I moved in again same things happen and we broke up forever. We did stay in contact for a few years after that but not as lovers. The positive about him though was he loved to cook and clean so he would come home from work and clean the house.

Guy 2: Moved in right away as well (this seems to be a pattern with me). I gave him the rent money and stupidly put his name on my business account. He fleeced the money, and when I refused to become a prostitute (he was a pimp and con artist and did not know this)he kicked me out, stole my money and many of my possessions. Took me a long time to trust men again.

So yeah I pick better men now and will not move in unless we are engaged.

Old 04-01-2013, 02:37 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,515,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
Oh gracious those are the grossest things to have to look at aren't they? It's like didn't your momma ever teach you to wipe your *** correctly?

Old 04-01-2013, 02:46 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Lived with 2 people.
Nothing unpleasant at all.

With my ex, I did find it irritating that she couldn't fix anything or initiate repair orders, but that was part of her der de der personality.

With my wife, it's been so smooth and easy...but that is because neither of us is a lazy mofo slacker...I really can't wrap my head around people who are like that or have the tolerance for that.

Living with my wife has enhanced my life and made it tons easier because we like to do things for each other...like I know I will have clean clothes for work and she knows there will be a ready supply of food and wine...I know all the bills will be paid, and she knows all the house maintenance will be kept up,etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships