Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 09:24 PM

100 posts, read 155,509 times

Advertisements

Hey Guy's

Im new to the forum, I have a complicated marriage Id like to share with you and seek some of your advice....

I have been married for 4 years and me and my wife are both 26 with no kids. we have good jobs but work different hours. for years she has cheated on me and blaming me that I don't give her enough attention and verbal abuse. I admit I have been verbally abusive in the past. nothing physically but verbally.

Everytime we separate from each other, things go good for awhile and then they just go back to the way they were. In feb. she told me to leave and I went and rented an apartment but then we reconnected while we were separated and here it is early in May and were fighting like cats and dogs....

While we were separated for 3 months I did not seek other women as I wanted to be faithful to her but she has admitted 1 affair. I forgave her for that and vowed to move forward... but after 8 years of off and on fighting im getting really exhausted by it and im sure she is as well. I just want to be happy and im trying with her but when we always fight. I also noticed that when we got back together this last time I have gained 20 Lbs in like 2 months... I am not blaming her for that. that is my own fault but it seems I get comfortable and just quit exercising and everything.

I don't know if counseling would work it just seems we fight and its a never ending thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2013, 09:27 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,311,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMan59 View Post
Why does this Happen?

I don't know.
Humans and their relationships are very complex.

One possible reason is that you're not compatible.

Quote:
how to fix it?
Break up.

Old 05-06-2013, 09:28 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Counseling will work IF you both really want to go to counseling and work on your issues. Otherwise why don't you just get divorced and move on in your lives, no contact after the divorce just cut all ties completely.

Your relationship sounds very toxic and I do not understand why you would both want to continue the same way for the last 8 years and into the future. What a waste of time, energy and the lives of two people who could be happier with someone else.

Old 05-06-2013, 09:29 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
From what you wrote...

You need to break up and then grow up.

Verbal abuse?? Not something to be proud of. STOP IT.
Break-up/make-up pattern? Immature, and a sign that neither of you really knows what you want.
Rapid weight gain? Either you have a medical condition, depression or just a lack of discipline.

Either way, like I said, time to break up and grow up.

You don't sound like you are willing to consider your partner's needs as valuable as your own, which is what marriage is based on.

Old 05-06-2013, 09:36 PM

324 posts, read 441,131 times
The affairs * 3 please .

But seriously OP. This isn't gonna go well in the long run . I foresee it .

Have a nice mutual break up and be on your own . Get a new job. Move to a new place / state / town what ever to keep her out of your sight

Old 05-06-2013, 09:50 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMan59 View Post
Hey Guy's

Im new to the forum, I have a complicated marriage Id like to share with you and seek some of your advice....

I have been married for 4 years and me and my wife are both 26 with no kids. we have good jobs but work different hours. for years she has cheated on me and blaming me that I don't give her enough attention and verbal abuse. I admit I have been verbally abusive in the past. nothing physically but verbally.

Everytime we separate from each other, things go good for awhile and then they just go back to the way they were. In feb. she told me to leave and I went and rented an apartment but then we reconnected while we were separated and here it is early in May and were fighting like cats and dogs....

While we were separated for 3 months I did not seek other women as I wanted to be faithful to her but she has admitted 1 affair. I forgave her for that and vowed to move forward... but after 8 years of off and on fighting im getting really exhausted by it and im sure she is as well. I just want to be happy and im trying with her but when we always fight. I also noticed that when we got back together this last time I have gained 20 Lbs in like 2 months... I am not blaming her for that. that is my own fault but it seems I get comfortable and just quit exercising and everything.

I don't know if counseling would work it just seems we fight and its a never ending thing.
You sound like a very reasonable and sweet person. I am sorry you have to go through this.

Put your needs first and please take good care of yourself. Break up with her and move on with your life.

Good luck.

Old 05-06-2013, 11:30 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,995,568 times
He is not a reasonable and sweet person. Verbal abuse is often far more harmful than physical abuse. Not that either one is great.

Old 05-06-2013, 11:39 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,135,091 times
It would help if you would give us an example of what you fight about.

20yrsinBranson

Old 05-06-2013, 11:43 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
Why don't you quit being a jerk for good and lose some weight? That might help.

Perhaps you think if you lose weight and improve in your treatment of women that you might as well start over with someone new? Well, go for it, if that's what you want, but you will have to improve those things no matter what. Your wife clearly doesn't want to put up with it either.

Old 05-07-2013, 12:00 AM

100 posts, read 155,509 times
I do not think I am a jerk, Perhaps to some of you I may be. I have been cheated on several times and I forgive her. mostly we fight about her talking to guy friends... and her not really wanting to do anything. she just kind of neglects the house and watches her tv shows instead.

I just don't want to keep being miserable. I don't know if I can trust her, I think sometimes I can but then I cant. It seems when we either fight about Money or something just in general she seems to talk to other men and Ex Bf's out of state and that bothers me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships