Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 06:20 PM

2,336 posts, read 7,027,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Right. You are a God.

Quite honestly, I'd rather go troll for someone in a bar, someone that I can see and talk to, rather than take chances with the stanky people that would reply to a quickie 5 minute profile, if nothing more than sex was on my mind. Frankly, I find the idea just plain repulsive.
I'm sure Channing Tatum's clone is waiting for you at some meat market pick-up bar while I'm settling for "skanks" I meet online.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2013, 06:35 PM

37,591 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post
I'm sure Channing Tatum's clone is waiting for you at some meat market pick-up bar while I'm settling for "skanks" I meet online.
He'll just have to wait. I'm already taken, with no need or desire to stray.

Old 04-01-2013, 07:46 PM

10,855 posts, read 6,366,573 times
Was on PoF for about a year, and nothing worked out to point of even considering meeting-plus, I found the interface clunky, not user-friendly, "seamier" (sleazier) than OkC.
So I deleted from PoF & stayed on OkC, which I find much more bearable a site to deal with.
In the four years since, have met four guys total from OkC-but, thus far, those haven't been connections with mutual interest/attraction.

I recognize that I'm in a sparsely-populated region (and happily settled here) & am "atypical" in a number of ways, which makes finding a good match especially "challenging" (to put it charitably ).

Old 04-01-2013, 08:48 PM

4,043 posts, read 3,770,251 times
Oh yeah, plus two guys I know in real life found me on OKC, one of them I know liked me but I wasn't interested. It was very awkward.

Old 04-01-2013, 09:17 PM

119 posts, read 245,268 times
Quote:
What requires less effort than a dating site, especially one like POF? I can set up a profile in five minutes, then within an hour have tail lined up for that night at my house. All without leaving the living room.

You know a method that requires less effort than that? I'll be all over it. The only one I know of is to utilize existing booty calls... but I'm talking about meeting someone brand new.
He sounds like such a pig. I'm glad I'm not the only one here who finds him repulsive. WPB is neighbors with the AIDs capital of the U.S (Ft. Lauderdale), so I can only imagine what type of diseases your tail is toting around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Right. You are a God.

Quite honestly, I'd rather go troll for someone in a bar, someone that I can see and talk to, rather than take chances with the stanky people that would reply to a quickie 5 minute profile, if nothing more than sex was on my mind. Frankly, I find the idea just plain repulsive.

Seriously. Online is a good way for unattractive men to sell themselves as being attractive. I met three guys from online, and all three of them were way shorter and skinnier than any of their pictures revealed online. If you're an attractive person you can walk into any bar and leave 30 minutes later with another attractive person, you don't have to troll online all day.

Old 04-01-2013, 09:55 PM

620 posts, read 1,299,848 times
Quote:
The fact that I break down the numbers on responses, phone numbers, etc., to determine if this method of dating is worth my time offends you? I'm a licensed CPA, I break everything down into numbers. It's just the way my mind works. I would say I'm sorry you're offended, but I'm really not.
I think it is the part about chicks.

Old 04-01-2013, 10:23 PM

119 posts, read 245,268 times
As someone in the process of becoming a CPA, I'm embarrassed that this schmuc is a CPA. Stop slandering our profession by using it to justify your piggish ways.

Old 04-01-2013, 10:49 PM

3,763 posts, read 6,706,969 times
The thing I would like to see on these online sites is more watch over communication. If someone is getting a lot of messages and not responding others should know. Maybe even have a comment section were you can post about a date you had with some(being moderated of course). It needs to be more then a picture.

Old 04-02-2013, 05:45 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,635,093 times
I'll say it really depends on your age and loction. If you are in your early 20's, there aren't as many attractive, outgoing women on either site. As soon as you hit 25-26 though, there appear to be a lot more quality women with careers, personality, goals, etc.

I personally have found OKC be a better overall site. People seem to fill out their profile more, and the questions, although strange at times, do help to weed out some people (ie. I'm not religious, so if someone just puts "Christian" in their profile, I may not think twice about it and be OK. but if they answer some questions such as they are against gay rights etc, then I know we won't be compatible).

I've met a few girls on both websites, but nothing that's lasted longer than a few dates. I'm pretty good friends wth one girl, but strictly platonic.

I think both sites are great for people who aren't bar people or who's groups and activites that they are involved with aren't introducing them to people they wish to date. I know the clubs I'm involved with have very few girls in their 20's, so it's a great way to continue to meet people.

Old 04-02-2013, 06:42 AM

2,336 posts, read 7,027,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micio View Post
As someone in the process of becoming a CPA, I'm embarrassed that this schmuc is a CPA. Stop slandering our profession by using it to justify your piggish ways.
"Our" profession? Sounds like you aren't there yet, buddy. Come back when/if you pass your exams.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships