Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 04:21 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,206,581 times

Advertisements

He's a professional journalist. Helllllloooooo...ethics in journalism. He knew better, just chose to use us. But that's okay, he received his come uppance. I doubt he will make it to Oprah's book club- LOL. His only published book is a bunch of old newspaper columns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2007, 04:37 PM

558 posts, read 2,248,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post
He's a professional journalist. Helllllloooooo...ethics in journalism. He knew better, just chose to use us. But that's okay, he received his come uppance. I doubt he will make it to Oprah's book club- LOL. His only published book is a bunch of old newspaper columns.
He did know he was affecting people's emotions--just go back and look at the heartfelt posts sharing very personal information--only because people trusted that that's what HE was doing... Just NOT COOL.

Old 10-29-2007, 04:46 PM

Location: Life here is not an Apollo Mission. Everyone calm down.
1,065 posts, read 4,536,153 times
Don't you see a lot of insecurity in his web pages?

He definately was wrong...especially when author's den allows you to post articles and stories, etc.

I think...he saw that his romance friends were doing better than he was and he thought he'd try out his ideas on a 180,000 plus membership.

I went to school with guys like this. Nothing is enough. They want to be famous.

Old 10-29-2007, 04:55 PM

1,649 posts, read 5,001,687 times
Originally Posted by HIF

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaveMtns View Post
He did know he was affecting people's emotions--just go back and look at the heartfelt posts sharing very personal information--only because people trusted that that's what HE was doing... Just NOT COOL.

Yeah. You guys are probably right. I guess I wanted to think he was being stupid. Why would someone spend all that time....oh, never mind. I suppose it's that selfish thing. I'll never understand it.

Old 10-29-2007, 04:56 PM

14,520 posts, read 8,765,227 times
Well I'm hurt and I'm angry. Not sayin' anymore on the thread, because what I'd wrtten to him has already undoubtly served as fodder for his cheap grist mill. I feel very betrayed.

One of these days perhaps I'll learn to be suspicious and untrusting as is most of the rest of world, apparently.

Old 10-29-2007, 05:02 PM

558 posts, read 2,248,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macrina View Post
Well I'm hurt and I'm angry. Not sayin' anymore on the thread, because what I'd wrtten to him has already undoubtly served as fodder for his cheap grist mill. I feel very betrayed.

One of these days perhaps I'll learn to be suspicious and untrusting as is most of the rest of world, apparently.
I do believe that something really good did come out of this--all of the sharing/caring responses by everyone reading the thread were meaningful...and were TRUE. So, everyone who responded did contribute something of meaning to the rest of us.

Old 10-30-2007, 03:48 AM

6,848 posts, read 11,799,357 times
Well, I, too, was skeptical for a lonnnng while... but no one else "seemed" to be... so I thought maybe I was just being cynical!

So, I posted one post to the thread... re: "the journey"... and tried to remain neutral... but too many things... like all of you have already said... just didn't add up. And, the "looking only 13-14" and "curling up in his lap to sleep" was really kinda creepy to me. And the "disfigured side of his face". That sounded straight out of one of Mel Gibson's movies. And, then the so-called postings from "Patti"... again... I couldn't tell any difference between the writings, either. And, Zorya... your posting I thought was from the OP himself... to just add more drama to it all! LoL!

Oh, well... it was definitely a journey... i.e., a ride... for us all!

And, thanks, Mainstreet, and HIF... for bringing it to its proper closure! Nice work!

I have reviewed the supposedly RL quotes on myspace and then compared them to what he'd posted prior to the ramblings saga... and they still don't add up... i.e., he states on the myspace page that he has a son 21 and a daughter 10... while on a posting under Arkansas... Guthrie (7/14/07 01:06 p.m. post #46), re: moving from Guthrie to Mountain Home, AR (though he never says Mountain Home), he states that "Our 2 kids have florished here. Our son has a Master's Degree (Rutgers) and is currently working in Boston. Our daughter will begin her Junior year in August at University of Missouri on a full scholarship."

Now, either he has a genius daughter that's already in college at the age of 10... or this myspace posting is.... what?... at least 10 years old? And... most of all... why bother? Why bother to just make things up that way as you go along to begin with? I'll never understand! One thing for sure... I'd never believe ANYTHING he had to say again!

Oh, well, as the saying goes... sometimes life IS stranger than fiction!

Keep the faith... and please don't use that "LALW" signoff again! Ugh!

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 10-30-2007 at 04:24 AM..

Old 10-30-2007, 04:58 AM

Location: Life here is not an Apollo Mission. Everyone calm down.
1,065 posts, read 4,536,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by new2sa View Post
Well, I, too, was skeptical for a lonnnng while... but no one else "seemed" to be... so I thought maybe I was just being cynical!

So, I posted one post to the thread... re: "the journey"... and tried to remain neutral... but too many things... like all of you have already said... just didn't add up. And, the "looking only 13-14" and "curling up in his lap to sleep" was really kinda creepy to me. And the "disfigured side of his face". That sounded straight out of one of Mel Gibson's movies. And, then the so-called postings from "Patti"... again... I couldn't tell any difference between the writings, either. And, Zorya... your posting I thought was from the OP himself... to just add more drama to it all! LoL!

Oh, well... it was definitely a journey... i.e., a ride... for us all!

And, thanks, Mainstreet, and HIF... for bringing it to its proper closure! Nice work!

I have reviewed the supposedly RL quotes on myspace and then compared them to what he'd posted prior to the ramblings saga... and they still don't add up... i.e., he states on the myspace page that he has a son 21 and a daughter 10... while on a posting under Arkansas... Guthrie (7/14/07 01:06 p.m. post #46), re: moving from Guthrie to Mountain Home, AR (though he never says Mountain Home), he states that "Our 2 kids have florished here. Our son has a Master's Degree (Rutgers) and is currently working in Boston. Our daughter will begin her Junior year in August at University of Missouri on a full scholarship."

Now, either he has a genius daughter that's already in college at the age of 10... or this myspace posting is.... what?... at least 10 years old? And... most of all... why bother? Why bother to just make things up that way as you go along to begin with? I'll never understand! One thing for sure... I'd never believe ANYTHING he had to say again!

Oh, well, as the saying goes... sometimes life IS stranger than fiction!

Keep the faith... and please don't use that "LALW" signoff again! Ugh!
I bolded what I noticed too. I think that is just posturing on his part. What completely sold me was the two photographs that were side by side in his MySpace. Beale Street and the Rendezvous restaurant (I think is was post #16)...then you have Silver Dollar City and Branson, the entire 1880's thing. He doesn't have many photographs on there and to have so many of them right out of ramblings.....is so goofy, IMO, (unless of course there are more than one Mountain Home writers that vacation exactly the same, lol.)

I blog on another site about growing up in Michigan in the 60's and 70's, directly from my memory, but when I visit my sister, she has been working on a fictional fantasy piece for years. I've read about a third of it and was really surprised how much of it was based on her childhood, like the character in the book made clothes for her chickens, and my mother did the same thing, she'd sew an occasional shawl for the hens and once made a suit coat for a Bante rooster (RIP Fonzi!). So I think BD would ponder ideas and could only come up with what he knew. The progression of the entire thing became weaker the longer he did it.

I thought the pacing of the entire drama was all off. Very predictable. My absolute favorite was Patti taking the time to post when she was supposed to be picking BD up at the hospital....and posting when she has house guests. After a while it read like this strange play by play.

Don't we all welcome some sort of distraction that takes us AWAY from the computer?

After a while it became....BD fell off the trailer step and hit his head! {Well of course he did!}

Dr. Lana and the creepy drool stare, followed by the temper tantrum on the hospital parking lot.

oh and we can't forget all the crying and more crying.

Old 10-30-2007, 06:41 AM

9,367 posts, read 25,206,581 times
Thank god that Ugly was spared. BD would have been in deep doo doo if he killed off that dog. I was sure the dog would be bitten by a snake and die a horrible death.

Kim is his second wife, I believe. About ten years his junior. I figure that he has two kids from his first marriage.

Last edited by Magnolia Bloom; 10-30-2007 at 06:56 AM..

Old 10-30-2007, 02:37 PM

2,275 posts, read 6,306,864 times
I'd love to post what I think of him. Unfortunately, it's against the terms of service, and I would be banned.

I never posted in his thread, and stopped reading when it became too melodramaculous to be believed. Yes, I'm cynical. People may say he didn't hurt anyone, but in fact, he did. He played with people's emotions, and made everyone a little less trusting. That's sad - and pathetic on his part.

His writing is not worth using to line my bird cage - if I had one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships