Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 02:46 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,199,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetnsour View Post
do ppl like us have really weak & boring personalities? what's wrong with us? are we missing a certain ingredient that others seem to have??
No it's the attitudes and crazy expectations on a whim that has changed and makes it the luck of the draw with long-shot odds.

I have plenty of love in my heart and soul (and I don't in mean $, assets and such) but nobody to really trust to ever give it to. So I set myself free from all of that and don't participate in the dating game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2013, 03:14 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,638,087 times
Some people are just odd. And you have to find that other odd person to compliment you and vice versa...the weirder you are the harder it's going to be.
We are all a little weird and life is a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love."

Dr. Seuss

Old 04-02-2013, 03:42 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,383,130 times
Well, I'm severely ADD, so my mannerisms can be strange to people just getting to know me. I'm not the most attractive woman in the world. And I have a low motivation to find anyone - life is already pretty much perfect. I went to a lot of trouble to clean the crazy and toxic people out of my life a few years ago, so I'm picky about who gets introduced into it now.

I guess I could feel bad about being alone romantically speaking, but really I've got too much stuff going on right now to feel like there's any kind of void. And unlike a lot of single folks, I don't have any problem socializing with couples - they'd have to work really hard to make me feel third-wheeled.

I date because it's fun and one day I might get lucky and find a long-term partner. When it ceases to be fun, though, I'll stop dating.

Old 04-02-2013, 04:03 PM

1,755 posts, read 2,998,411 times
Well, they say anything worth having is worth waiting for, worth working for, worth paying the price for.

And since no two lives are exactly the same, and no one knows what the future holds, it's probably best that we all stop comparing our lives to others and learn to embrace our path. Some people didn't find their true love until they were in their 40s and 50s and some that we see in their 20s and 30s now who are still with their high school and college sweetie could divorce at any time. We're on the outside looking in. We don't really know what's going on with others.

Just take care of yourself physically, emotionally, psychologically. Truth is, we came here alone and no matter how many partners we have in this life or how few, the best and brightest of us come to realize that no one can truly make us "whole".

Old 04-02-2013, 04:05 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,112,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Before you talk down about yourself for 'not finding love' while others are, keep in mind how many people settle and are in relationships just for the sake of having someone or something.

That being said, what strikes me about things is the dearth of real quality people out there. If anything (heaven forbid and knock on wood) ever happened with my wife, I don't know that I would ever get back in the romance game. There's just so much muck you have to wade through to find a diamond, and the diamond density definitely drops as you get older.
This!! I know people who are always in relationships. One ends and a few weeks later there's someone new, but I do wonder if those people are settling just to have someone. And yes, meeting a quality person these days is difficult. Even if you do meet a quality person that doesn't mean you'll be attracted to each other, have the same life goals, both be ready to have a healthy relationship etc. There are just so many factors that go into the equation. It's really tough out there.

Old 04-02-2013, 04:29 PM

1,755 posts, read 2,998,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
This!! I know people who are always in relationships. One ends and a few weeks later there's someone new, but I do wonder if those people are settling just to have someone. And yes, meeting a quality person these days is difficult. Even if you do meet a quality person that doesn't mean you'll be attracted to each other, have the same life goals, both be ready to have a healthy relationship etc. There are just so many factors that go into the equation. It's really tough out there.
Yeah I use to wonder that too, especially since I never got attracted to people easily, I would at times think something was wrong with me. I actually doubted myself so much that I started giving chances to guys who liked me simply because I figured maybe that's how it was suppose to work and that attraction would come for me later.

I don't know if it's tough or what, but I can honestly say that I'm not willing to force anything ever again. Everyone does not need to be in a relationship from the day they hit puberty and then enter into their 20s.

Old 04-02-2013, 04:31 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,638,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
I know quite a few people like this...one in particular is a young single mother. We've been 'friends' for years and it makes me really sad when she's got a young daughter to take care of and that kid has already seen at least 6 guys in her Mom' life and she's not even a year old yet. She even had a few boyfriends WHILE pregant. Some people are just really good at the relationship thing I suppose.

Old 04-02-2013, 04:39 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,161,433 times
Jeez I hope not.

Old 04-02-2013, 04:54 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,679,521 times
Speaking as a person who has no problem getting dates, I figure I am dysfunctional in some way. I can easily roll through 3- 4boyfriends a year if I am so inclined. But ltr? Nope. I am 90% sure its me and not bad luck.

Old 04-02-2013, 04:57 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,196,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetnsour View Post
do ppl like us have really weak & boring personalities? what's wrong with us? are we missing a certain ingredient that others seem to have??

I hope that I manage to say this with a minimum of offense so as to be understood. Yes. There is something wrong. Struggle to live life to the fullest, and love will find you. Struggle to find love, and you will be disappointed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships