Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2016, 05:18 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,038,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Yes, the missing ingredient is luck.
I say that also but it is not a popular opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2016, 05:19 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,638,670 times
Yes I guess from their perspective something is 'wrong' enough not to want to pursue a relationship,. Oh well I'm amazing in my world. lol Their loss I guess.

Old 06-10-2016, 10:46 AM

31 posts, read 37,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestReasonWhy View Post
Well with so many women that now have their Careers today which they really Believe that they are all high and mighty since Most of these women are very Selfish and Spoiled to begin with. And their personality really stinks too which they will only want the Best and will Never settle for Less which certainly tells the whole story. A very Excellent Reason why many of us Good men are still Single today which Most of these type of women will just grow old Alone with their Cats anyway.
I am 32, single and never had a long term relationship. That inspite of the fact that I have a very good dynamic personality, am well read, etc(friends have told this to me on numerous occasions) made me feel there was something wrong with me. It doesn't help that I am often stereotyped negatively due to my ethnicity(Indian American) but it is what it is.

I guess I have to content with the fact that what you said is the absolute truth.

Old 06-10-2016, 11:09 AM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroomhunter View Post
I am 32, single and never had a long term relationship. That inspite of the fact that I have a very good dynamic personality, am well read, etc(friends have told this to me on numerous occasions) made me feel there was something wrong with me. It doesn't help that I am often stereotyped negatively due to my ethnicity(Indian American) but it is what it is.

I guess I have to content with the fact that what you said is the absolute truth.
Don't buy into gender-bashing cr@p. Having a career doesn't make anyone "high and mighty"; it just means they have a job path that they like. Where do you live? Some regions have fewer biases re: Native people than others. And what kind of women are you looking for? Are you looking mainly for good character, or are you looking for the top 20% looks-wise? Choices and priorities can affect one's success.

Old 06-10-2016, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Don't buy into gender-bashing cr@p. Having a career doesn't make anyone "high and mighty"; it just means they have a job path that they like. Where do you live? Some regions have fewer biases re: Native people than others. And what kind of women are you looking for? Are you looking mainly for good character, or are you looking for the top 20% looks-wise? Choices and priorities can affect one's success.
I am not gender bashing anyone here. Just stated my experience. And I never said having a career made me high and mighty, plenty of my White friends with the same careers or even lesser careers have made it great without even trying much. I am not complaining though, that's the way the world works I guess in the US. I live in San Francisco and as for the kind of woman I am looking for, I am looking for an average woman with a great personality not necessarily the top 20% looks-wise although a pretty woman never hurts.

Old 06-10-2016, 11:15 AM

2 posts, read 3,819 times
100% agreed

Old 06-10-2016, 02:19 PM

Quote:
I am not gender bashing anyone here. Just stated my experience. And I never said having a career made me high and mighty, plenty of my White friends with the same careers or even lesser careers have made it great without even trying much. I am not complaining though, that's the way the world works I guess in the US. I live in San Francisco and as for the kind of woman I am looking for, I am looking for an average woman with a great personality not necessarily the top 20% looks-wise although a pretty woman never hurts.
You completely misunderstood my post. I was referring to the post you quoted and deemed to be "the absolute truth".

The Bay Area is big for interracial dating, and that goes for the Native guys, too. I'm from there myself, and move in those circles to some extent. I can't speak specifically about Tinder, though. Attend Native community events that are open to the public, and try Tinder on those occasions, see if you get better results.

Old 06-10-2016, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You completely misunderstood my post. I was referring to the post you quoted and deemed to be "the absolute truth".

The Bay Area is big for interracial dating, and that goes for the Native guys, too. I'm from there myself, and move in those circles to some extent. I can't speak specifically about Tinder, though. Attend Native community events that are open to the public, and try Tinder on those occasions, see if you get better results.
The Bay Area is big for interracial dating only if you fit a certain parameters. The only two kinds of interracial dating that you see here happens to be White men with Asian women, or Black men with White women. NO other form of interracial dating is accepted anywhere in the Bay Area except unless of course the woman is looking for Mr.Beta bucks who she can settle down with. If you aren't a White guy none of the ethnic women here are interested in you because their view of what defines you as a successful man is exclusively White and euro centric. You would know that if you are from here.

Please don't quote instances of gold diggers that settled down with an Asian or Indian doctor or CEO, those women primarily did it for their love of money not due to the love of the person that provides that money.

Old 06-10-2016, 06:46 PM

Quote:
The Bay Area is big for interracial dating only if you fit a certain parameters. The only two kinds of interracial dating that you see here happens to be White men with Asian women, or Black men with White women. NO other form of interracial dating is accepted anywhere in the Bay Area except unless of course the woman is looking for Mr.Beta bucks who she can settle down with. If you aren't a White guy none of the ethnic women here are interested in you because their view of what defines you as a successful man is exclusively White and euro centric. You would know that if you are from here.

Please don't quote instances of gold diggers that settled down with an Asian or Indian doctor or CEO, those women primarily did it for their love of money not due to the love of the person that provides that money.
I know quite a few Latinas and white women with Native guys. The thing about women looking for money is a crock. Oh, but you're not American Indian (Native American), you're Indian American? Sorry, I misunderstood you. Still, you'd be surprised (and incredulous, I'm sure) to hear that there are women of all stripes who think you guys are hot. Hotness varies with looks, as it does for anyone. More average types (which is most people) need to find avenues for meeting people that allow their personality to be noticed more. Join the club.

Do you get involved in community activities much? Volunteering, joining or starting your own hobby groups, participating in co-ed sports leagues or hiking or boating clubs? Attending travel seminars? Anything like that? That's what others do, who want to meet someone to date.

Old 06-10-2016, 08:22 PM

6 posts, read 3,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawaweewa View Post
A lot of people are psychologically damaged when they reach adulthood. In fact, I'd venture to say that most people are psychologically damaged in one way or another.

For some, that damage impacts relationships while for others it impacts employment and etc, etc.

If you're one of those who psychological issues impact relationships, then you have to actively work on reversing or mitigating those effects.
Yeah. The Way I see it, is that your mind is like any other muscle, it wears over time due to experiences of life physical and mental. I just assume anyone at least 25 years at least has some psychological and or emotional damage just for living that long, people need to check up on themselves

Quote:
Originally Posted by wawaweewa View Post
I really believe (and this is borne out by psych studies) that a lot has to do with ones upbringing. Our personalities and characters are formed when we're children and teens.

Some are brought up in households and experience childhoods which are more conducive to forming intimate relationships.
Some aren't.

It's nurture more than nature in this case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships