Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 03:06 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,679,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMD3819 View Post
As a side story with Xs and Facebook-

After my BIL divorced his wife we remained friendly with his X even though he had no contact. When she remarried they came and visited us on their honeymoon. Lost contact after that-and it was long before FB.

She finds my wife and I on FB and friends us. Turns out she did this just to get her X's FB profile. She send him a nasty message (he deserved it) then unfriends us. They have been divorced 10+ years and she used my wife and I to stir up stuff with her X.
Wow, after 10 years. And here I thought 7 years was bad.

A few months ago I went from 150 friends down to 30. Now I wish I would have just deleted the damn profile altogether

Old 04-02-2013, 03:24 PM

1,839 posts, read 3,067,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
My birthday was mediocre... today truly sucks... this is shaping up to be a crap year for me. But I appreciate the sentiment, thanks.
ok. So think about what you can do to make it better and do it! You're awesome, don't let your jackazz ex have any influence on you! You did wrong, he did wrong. But don't worry about him and his weird emails.

Old 04-02-2013, 03:44 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,446,284 times
I don't really understand why you're upset.

I mean - you already knew he was a jerk, right? What does this change?

The only sad part is you're letting it affect you, and on your birthday no less.

Sent from my galaxy s3

Old 04-02-2013, 03:46 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,199,724 times
Quote:
I am really mad at myself for getting so wound up over this. What a jackass, on my birthday, really? What's the point. He doesn't even use facebook, his last wall post was in 2011. So he decided to F with me. I do not understand the point of this. I don't like the timing either, I have been avoiding telling my mom about a recent break up because she met the guy and sent me an email saying that she has been worrying about me for the last few years since I am always alone, maybe there is something wrong with me, but now that she has met my new beau she feels so much better about my well-being and can sleep well. That just happened a couple of days ago, I couldn't tell her that it's already over. It's like my ex somehow knows to pile it on me as I feel dysfunctional as it is. What a prick.
Just flip him "the bird" NY style and be over with this BS.

You got "better fish to fry".

Old 04-02-2013, 03:55 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,207,787 times
Quote:
I am really mad at myself for getting so wound up over this. What a jackass, on my birthday, really? What's the point. He doesn't even use facebook, his last wall post was in 2011. So he decided to F with me. I do not understand the point of this. I don't like the timing either, I have been avoiding telling my mom about a recent break up because she met the guy and sent me an email saying that she has been worrying about me for the last few years since I am always alone, maybe there is something wrong with me, but now that she has met my new beau she feels so much better about my well-being and can sleep well. That just happened a couple of days ago, I couldn't tell her that it's already over. It's like my ex somehow knows to pile it on me as I feel dysfunctional as it is. What a prick.

You might have popped into his head when he looked at the calendar and saw it was your birthday, so he decided to troll you in real life. You know, because he's a real-life troll.

Sorry about the break-up. Three or four months is usually a turning point in my own relationships. I kid around about having the "90-day heart-back guarantee." I see those first months as a trial, the getting-to-know-you stage, and if things end, no harm, no foul. So I don't see anything wrong with that, at least in concept. But hey, maybe your friends, who actually know you, are onto something. Only you can reflect on that and be the judge of it.

Old 04-02-2013, 04:38 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,679,521 times
Yeah my bday is April 1 so people always remember it. Well not in a good way, I did spend it getting drunk alone in a bar. But people do remember. He must be under the assumption that I am having a great, fun-filled life.

Funny I kept thinking of the song The Winner Takes it All yesterday, downloaded it and played it again and again. Now I know why!

A reminder of some lyrics for those who can't recall:

The winner takes it all
The loser's standing small
Beside the victory
That's her destiny...

The winner takes it all
The loser has to fall
Its simple and its plain
Why should I complain

Old 04-02-2013, 09:56 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,897,557 times
Maybe I am in the minority but I have two exes on Facebook but both were amicable breakups. One is married with two kids and the other has been married several times with 4 kids who keeps wanting to get back (no thanks). Anyway I have has things like this happen both online and on the phone. A nasty guy I dated who scammed me years later found my phone number just to throw it in my face again. I hate him and if he calls again I plan revenge on him.

Old 04-02-2013, 10:11 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,007,888 times
Was he a jerk when you were married and during the divorce? If yes, then he's probably just being an ahole.

If the divorce was amicable, I could see the possibility of that being a poor attempt at humor. It's hard to read tone in type. If he said that to you in person maybe he would have had a smile on his face and playfully elbowed you, joking about how you should have knocked him off.

Old 04-02-2013, 10:34 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,412,838 times
Sounds like soemthing my ex would do. I'm sorry. what a sh*t head. Yes I said "sh*t head".

Old 04-03-2013, 02:46 AM

8,779 posts, read 9,456,933 times
not sure why everyone thinks time heals all. lesson learned i suppose?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships