Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 03:36 AM

4,505 posts, read 6,482,709 times

Advertisements

Drama Drama Drama...I guess some people love it...it makes them feel important, I guess.

Old 04-03-2013, 03:49 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
You should have never accepted his invitation, he is your "EX" for a reason and the fact that you have not had a relationship last more than 4 months since him is NOT HIS FAULT it is YOURS. YOU are the only one responsible for your life and if you choose to compare everyone to him you will never move on. I don't think it was meant as a joke I think it was meant to do exactly what it did, get a reaction from you and make you feel like a chump and you allowed it to happen.

Old 04-03-2013, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
You should have never accepted his invitation, he is your "EX" for a reason and the fact that you have not had a relationship last more than 4 months since him is NOT HIS FAULT it is YOURS. YOU are the only one responsible for your life and if you choose to compare everyone to him you will never move on. I don't think it was meant as a joke I think it was meant to do exactly what it did, get a reaction from you and make you feel like a chump and you allowed it to happen.

+1

The truth is obvious.

Old 04-03-2013, 06:00 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,675,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I see your greater point, but I must point out we aren't talking about an ex-boyfriend here, this is my ex-husband. We pledged to spend the rest of our lives together and failed. Why wouldn't I want to be friendly today if at all possible? I know, people don't take marriage very seriously anymore so it's a shrug and move on... Anyway I am not so sure that my relationship struggles are related to my divorce; it could be that I am a pain in the ass/general F up, or it could be that the way single women strongly outnumber men makes finding a long term commitment very difficult, or it could be a combination of all three.

Old 04-03-2013, 06:11 AM

^^^ Or it could be the reluctance to let go of the past is keeping you from moving forward.

Stop waving goodbye...turn around and wave hello.

Old 04-03-2013, 06:48 AM

1,838 posts, read 2,021,788 times
Anyone beyond Middle School age who would do something like that has a screw loose. Really, that is not the behavior of a normal middle-aged person. It is a good thing he made his obnoxious intentions known right away.

I hope your year gets better. Maybe it would be a good idea to take a break from dating and focus on other things for a while.

Old 04-03-2013, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
^^^ Or it could be the reluctance to let go of the past is keeping you from moving forward.

Stop waving goodbye...turn around and wave hello.
I think it's an issue of guilt, for me anyway. And as for him, I am guessing he hasn't let go of the past either. Otherwise why would he even bother to message me?

Old 04-03-2013, 09:04 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,212,031 times
The only reason why you would need to keep contact is if you had a child together... EX's are EX's for a reason.

Old 04-03-2013, 10:48 AM

Update:

He sent a lengthy message and explained that he was kidding. He said that he found it funny that his family is so unorganized that I still am a beneficiary of the family trust. He was this king of me on my birthday and that was the best opener he could think of. And finally he always wonders how I am and what I'm doing, so he thought adding me on fb was a good way to learn what is going on in my life without being obtrusive.

Old 04-03-2013, 12:34 PM

1,839 posts, read 3,066,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
Update:

He sent a lengthy message and explained that he was kidding. He said that he found it funny that his family is so unorganized that I still am a beneficiary of the family trust. He was this king of me on my birthday and that was the best opener he could think of. And finally he always wonders how I am and what I'm doing, so he thought adding me on fb was a good way to learn what is going on in my life without being obtrusive.
Ok, cool. Hope you feel better. and your song btw, when we are still in to winners and losers, we're not looking at the bigger picture of love and forgiveness. I'm sure I'm reading too much into it but just wanted to add my 2cents. The man obviously still has feelings for you. How do you feel about him?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships