Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 08:54 PM

174 posts, read 258,525 times

Advertisements

How does the mind of a man work? They say they want one thing then when they get it they don't want it. For example, they say they want to do them and you do you. You grant their wishes then they no longer want it.

Scenario: Lets say you have been in a relationship with a girl for a number of years. About 4 years in you start treating her like crap, always criticize her, yet expect her to be pleasant when she is around you. She loses all interest in you so you say you want to take a break. The girl agrees to the break then you no longer want the break. You say you are all for her and want to make it work but your actions show otherwise. Why not just be free and save everyone the drama?

Question for the men? Would you prefer a woman that has a good job, makes good money, goes to school, keep up appearances, has a good personality, goals, and spoils you or a woman who has an average job, struggles to make ends meet, does not go to school, keeps up appearances which is what causes her to struggle, has an okay personality, has no goals, and never provides you with surprises? What is the reasoning behind your choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2013, 08:59 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
Hmmmm...????

Well, no matter how successful you become make him feel needed.

There is the saying, "The broken wing syndrome."

If you are fun, easy going & like football and drink beer, you're in.

Old 04-12-2013, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
Hmmmm...????

Well, no matter how successful you become make him feel needed.

There is the saying, "The broken wing syndrome."

If you are fun, easy going & like football and drink beer, you're in.
Let me ask you this. Would you automatically be offended if a woman makes more money than you?

Old 04-12-2013, 09:01 PM

1,304 posts, read 2,576,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmommy22 View Post

Question for the men? Would you prefer a woman that has a good job, makes good money, goes to school, keep up appearances, has a good personality, goals, and spoils you.
Please tell me where these girls live?

Old 04-12-2013, 09:02 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,227,349 times
Quote:
How does the mind of a man work? They say they want one thing then when they get it they don't want it. For example, they say they want to do them and you do you. You grant their wishes then they no longer want it.

Scenario: Lets say you have been in a relationship with a girl for a number of years. About 4 years in you start treating her like crap, always criticize her, yet expect her to be pleasant when she is around you. She loses all interest in you so you say you want to take a break. The girl agrees to the break then you no longer want the break. You say you are all for her and want to make it work but your actions show otherwise. Why not just be free and save everyone the drama?

Question for the men? Would you prefer a woman that has a good job, makes good money, goes to school, keep up appearances, has a good personality, goals, and spoils you or a woman who has an average job, struggles to make ends meet, does not go to school, keeps up appearances which is what causes her to struggle, has an okay personality, has no goals, and never provides you with surprises? What is the reasoning behind your choice.
We all have different preferences and types. Why does it matter what we prefer? The main thing is to be the person you want to be, because you will be happier that way, and that will make a better relationship.

...Anyways I personally do not treat women like crap, but I do know fellows who do.

Old 04-12-2013, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol View Post
Please tell me where these girls live?
They live on planet earth, man. If you spent some time getting to know women, you'll find out that successful women exist. They may not be single at the time of approach, but they exist.

Old 04-12-2013, 09:04 PM

297 posts, read 502,656 times
I am not a man but I think a lot of the attributes you mention are second to how the woman makes him feel when he is with her. If you make him feel like Superman, he will be hooked.

Old 04-12-2013, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogluvr2012 View Post
I am not a man but I think a lot of the attributes you mention are second to how the woman makes him feel when he is with her. If you make him feel like Superman, he will be hooked.
My theory from experience is men desire you more when you give them a chase. If you act as though you are not interested they want you, if you are interested they don't want you. It is like a cat and mouse game. The man has to feel as though they are chasing a woman or competing to get her to be interested. When they have something good they do not cherish it until she gets away. There may be a few men out there who are not like that but majority fall into the above mentioned category.

Old 04-12-2013, 09:09 PM

Quote:
My theory from experience is men desire you more when you give them a chase. If you act as though you are not interested they want you, if you are interested they don't want you. It is like a cat and mouse game. The man has to feel as though they are chasing a woman or competing to get her to be interested. When they have something good they do not cherish it until she gets away. There may be a few men out there who are not like that but majority fall into the above mentioned category.
Keep in mind that if the mouse actually runs away, the cat will look for other mice instead.

Old 04-12-2013, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Keep in mind that if the mouse actually runs away, the cat will look for other mice instead.
I think it depends on the woman. If the woman is just a pretty face with no other qualities then yes. However, if she is the ideal woman the man is going to keep trying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships