Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you?
Definitely 2 20.00%
Probably but I'd wonder 4 40.00%
Probably not 2 20.00%
No 2 20.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2013, 09:21 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times

Advertisements

I know it's another 'race' thread, and one may quibble over the reality of the concept of race, but in America and much of the world it's still an issue people face and deal with.

I have a friend who's like this. He's white but he only dates Asian, mostly Japanese girls. I won't go into his reasons (I don't know them all either) and I am AWARE it is a preference (don't lecture me over this). I remember one time I was talking to this girl he had a fling with, who was Japanese, and she said she hated white men who ONLY went after Japanese girls. She felt there was just something wrong with it. Of course, yes, dear reader, the obvious fact was she did have a fling with my friend, so maybe it was part bitterness, who knows. Fact is, she thought there was something distasteful about white men who specifically chased asian women.

Another common situation I've heard is black men who only dated white women. Some black women aren't really happy about this. Course it's none of their business who someone else dates, but one has to wonder: is it possible some of these black men don't think their women are good enough? Same with Asian women who think white men are somehow superior and won't even look at Asian men.

I'm not condemning it harshly, but I will say it's a bit unnatural to ONLY be interested in dating another race. It's different from just being attracted to all people, INCLUDING your own group, but to totally rule out your own group? Personally I'm open to dating women of all backgrounds although I will admit to having aesthetic preferences.

So my question is: would you date someone of another race who ONLY dated people of your race? Say if you were a white woman, what would you think of a black guy who was only into white girls?

I'm quite seriously about this question, so I hope it doesn't get derailed and closed. I'm Asian myself, and have seen videos of white girls who like Asian guys, and some of them say they prefer Asian guys. Of course some guys might watch these vids and feel good about it, but I'd rather date someone who saw me as a person, not because of my 'race' or anything like that. Of course to prefer is one thing, but not date at all? At the very least I find it a peculiar form of preference which of course cannot argued to be innately genetic as such a situation wouldn't arise out of a nature. If you raised totally among another race/ethnicity than at least it's more understandable though.

Intelligent responses please.

Last edited by Trimac20; 04-13-2013 at 10:37 AM.. Reason: BLACK MEN NOT BLACK WOMEN SORRY

Old 04-13-2013, 09:36 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
We are mixed Hawaiian/Japanese/Irish/German. My grandmother fell in love with the white dude (that is where the Irish/German part comes in) and after she gave birth to my mother, my grandpa hooked up with a drop dead gorgeous 18 year old white girl and dumped my grandmother. She hated white folks ever since. Growing up, I just knew my grandmother as this bitter woman who had absolutely no ability to attract the men she wanted to attract. The curse words she came up with for white folks are certainly entertaining and creative.

There is a reason why certain people ONLY date certain race, there is also a reason why certain people exclude certain race from their dating universe. That is why it is important to not judge. Nobody bother to acknowledge the grief and pain others carrying around on daily basis.

People like us go through identity crisis. White folks view us as Asian, Asians believe we have sense of entitlement issue. Matter of fact, we are just like everybody else, we have our pride as well as our insecurities.

I personally don't care about a man's dating history. At one point, my brother almost exclusively date black girls because he got burned by his white fiancee very badly. Well, he bounced back and started dating everybody else. I liked black guys when I was in college simply because I found them to be physically attractive. I have to say I went through a phase and I eventually grew out of it.

I don't have an intelligent answer for this whole "race" related question. The only thing I can honestly say is that my eyes don't lie. I go after what I like. I found people from all races to be exciting, but I won't label anybody who refuse to date outside their races as racist. We all have our preferences.

If somebody come up to me and tell me they only date white, black, or Asian, I would say "Okay, do whatever you want to do, whatever works for you." As long as they respect me and my family, I will not have any problems with them.

Old 04-13-2013, 09:39 AM

247 posts, read 354,239 times
White guys love Asian women. They prefer asian women more than White women. This coupling is very common

Old 04-13-2013, 09:43 AM

941 posts, read 1,914,766 times
I have a lot of Asian friends(girls) who also HATE when a white dude will only date Asian girls. They say is because they hear from one guy then another guy some stereotypes(not pretty) of them. Where I live in Alaska it is very common here to see older white guys with younger Asian women, via mail order.

Old 04-13-2013, 09:44 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purple rage View Post
White guys love Asian women. They prefer asian women more than White women. This coupling is very common

hmm Not true. Guys love the women they love. There are unattractive Asian, white, black, mixed women nobody want. Yes, I said it.

Old 04-13-2013, 09:44 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,609,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
So my question is: would you date someone of another race who ONLY dated people of your race?
Usually, I don't, but it would depend on the guy. I am black, so if the guy wasn't black, but identified very strongly with black people because he grew up in a black neighborhood or something and had lots of black friends, it probably wouldn't work out. On the other hand, I dated a white guy who was specifically interested in black women just because he was attracted to dark skinned women, but it wasn't because he culturally felt more connected to black people in general.

Old 04-13-2013, 09:45 AM

247 posts, read 354,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
hmm Not true. Guys love the women they love. There are unattractive Asian, white, black, mixed women nobody want. Yes, I said it.
Of course nobody wants to mate with unattractive people. But the number of white guys with asian women is astounding. You see them with Asian women more than White women. It's so common though you get used to it. White guys love foreign women for sure

Old 04-13-2013, 09:45 AM

1,755 posts, read 2,997,259 times
I struggle with this because while I'm open to all races, I have met guys who aren't. They befriended people of other races, they just weren't interested in dating them. I always ask why and for those who bank on just physical features alone, I might be okay with it. "I like dark skin alot" or something to that caliber. But when it starts getting into behavior or personality then I'm not comfortable because I feel like you're bordering on hate and stereotyping. So things like, "white women are easy blah blah" or "black women are ghetto" blah blah or "Asian women act try to hard to control blah blah" then I get annoyed and don't want to deal with that. Too much of a narrow, one track mind.

Old 04-13-2013, 09:47 AM

911 posts, read 2,599,691 times
i DO NOT see color whatsoever. if you're busy living out your parents wishes because they cant see you with someone of another color, then thats a close minded thing you're doing while probably robbing yourself of a better relationship by making your parents happy.

i've seen so many girls have babies of one color and swear by the men of that color...even though they left them high and dry.

but wont give another color a try or if they do, its one guy and he'll make an honest mistake and they swear off that color forever.

with that said, i love women of ALL colors. just some women of certain colors dont love me.

i wont go into specific colors but you try to date people that are attracted to you, not who others think you should date....but then u always get pushed aside by.

Old 04-13-2013, 09:49 AM

911 posts, read 2,599,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
insecurities.
I liked black guys when I was in college simply because I found them to be physically attractive. I have to say I went through a phase and I eventually grew out of it.

no no!!

go back
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships