Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2013, 05:20 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,141,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imdatgirl View Post
I want to continue seeing him but I'm not ready to give up the freedom that I have. That's how I feel right now.
Then why do you care if you sleep with him to early or not?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2013, 05:23 PM

111 posts, read 293,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogluvr2012 View Post
If this is what you think, it also probably what you are conveying to men. You have to care about yourself before anyone else will.
I care about myself. When I said not care..not care about them.

Honestly, the guys who had hurt me ended up coming back. Im not a type of girl who would ever chase a guy. I think of myself as a great catch that's why I'm not rushing into a relationship.

Old 04-14-2013, 05:34 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,813,287 times
Put myself into the position of the guy for a moment. You date a girl - you really enjoy her company and you see the potential of love forming. Your intentions as a man are honorable...in the meantime in the back of the girls mind she is thinking..."I am going to have sex with this guy because he looks hot...and then I think I just might have sex with Joe next week cos' I really want his body? - Well....what can I say- who needs a woman like that and who really needs a man like that for that matter....This woman has the potential of being a great and accomplished liar.

Old 04-14-2013, 05:40 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,915,835 times
Quote:
I want to continue seeing him but I'm not ready to give up the freedom that I have. That's how I feel right now.

Then who gives a crap if you slept with him too early. Should have just slept with him on the first date rofl

Old 04-14-2013, 05:42 PM

297 posts, read 502,359 times
Quote:
I care about myself. When I said not care..not care about them.

Honestly, the guys who had hurt me ended up coming back. Im not a type of girl who would ever chase a guy. I think of myself as a great catch that's why I'm not rushing into a relationship.
When I hear that a woman tries to "be emotionally detached and to not care", I see a woman who doesn't think enough of herself to think that a man will want to stay with her. She doesn't feel worthy, so she defends herself by saying she doesn't care about him and she doesn't want to be tied down anyway. Just my opinion.

Old 04-14-2013, 05:48 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,813,287 times
Back in the free love era I remember having sex within the first hour of meeting- There was no "dating" . The difference was back then- was if you had sex and enjoyed each other you would become exclusive to each other. People had sex quickly and they moved in together quickly. The mating process was in high speed..but it was still mating. The way things have changed now is that there is this false morality.

People suggest- that there is a waiting period before sex so as not to look trashy...four dates? Oh that's respectable...time for sex now? Be honest - have sex immediately and stop pretending that you are a decent human being.

Old 04-14-2013, 05:52 PM

7,010 posts, read 11,966,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Why is it too soon? I don't get it?

If you're going out with him, whats the difference between 4 days and a month.. ?

I don't understand these "too soon" things about dating. If I'm into a girl and she sleeps with me on the first date, I'm still going to be into her.
Then clearly you're in the minority of men. Many men have a one street mind that only understands attraction. It's the lizard brain in full action, eat, sleep,and pleasure (sex). Many men will do what it takes to woo a girl as quickly as possible just to get in her pants, they may stick around as long as the sex is good, but once strings begin to become attached they will head out in search of a new conquest.

I am a man and I know many men with this mindset whose main goal is to add another girl to their list, they just want a quick bang, and they'll fake being interested in a girl to get it, even if the girl is beautiful, brilliant, and independent.

Old 04-14-2013, 05:53 PM

7,010 posts, read 11,966,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Back in the free love era I remember having sex within the first hour of meeting- There was no "dating" . The difference was back then- was if you had sex and enjoyed each other you would become exclusive to each other. People had sex quickly and they moved in together quickly. The mating process was in high speed..but it was still mating. The way things have changed now is that there is this false morality.

People suggest- that there is a waiting period before sex so as not to look trashy...four dates? Oh that's respectable...time for sex now? Be honest - have sex immediately and stop pretending that you are a decent human being.

Some of the worst advice you can take ^

That's a recipe to get hurt, as many men are into women just to get a good lay and aren't actually looking for a relationship.

Old 04-14-2013, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
Then clearly you're in the minority of men. Many men have a one street mind that only understands attraction. It's the lizard brain in full action, eat, sleep,and pleasure (sex). Many men will do what it takes to woo a girl as quickly as possible just to get in her pants, they may stick around as long as the sex is good, but once strings begin to become attached they will head out in search of a new conquest.

I am a man and I know many men with this mindset whose main goal is to add another girl to their list, they just want a quick bang, and they'll fake being interested in a girl to get it, even if the girl is beautiful, brilliant, and independent.

I'm not too sure that's the norm. What you described sounds like a group of dirtballs making themselves feel better by saying that's how guys think.

I have 0 problem with a one night stand, I don't choose a girl because of sex. I will only date a girl with shared interests with me.. but I'll sleep with plenty of girls I find attractive. However, lying and manipulating them is ridiculous and not normal.

Old 04-14-2013, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
Some of the worst advice you can take ^

That's a recipe to get hurt, as many men are into women just to get a good lay and aren't actually looking for a relationship.

I think your advice is further off than oleg beach's ..

It's great to look out for the trash out there, but most guys aren't trash.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships