Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 12:14 PM

4,829 posts, read 4,281,757 times

Advertisements

Sadly OP, I think you got played out for sex. He either got it and was satisfied, or he didn't like it as much as he thought he would. Either way, you are right to feel the way that you do. You expect a bit more emotion from a guy that just slept with you, yet he just closes the door behind you. As a male, I don't think you're out of line for feeling the way you do. You were expecting a particular outcome and you put yourself on the line to be with him.

No one can say if you offered up sex too early or too late. The only thing that can be said is you feel that you have been used. Even if he didn't use you, he's not reenforcing to you that you weren't just a lay to him. I'd say dump the guy, unless he starts putting forth effort. If he does put forth effort, be weary if he's trying to get you back in the bedroom. You'll know pretty quick if he's serious or not, because he will give up pretty quickly if he can't get you back in the bedroom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2013, 12:15 PM

39,208 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
Sadly OP, I think you got played out for sex. He either got it and was satisfied, or he didn't like it as much as he thought he would. Either way, you are right to feel the way that you do. You expect a bit more emotion from a guy that just slept with you, yet he just closes the door behind you. As a male, I don't think you're out of line for feeling the way you do. You were expecting a particular outcome and you put yourself on the line to be with him.

No one can say if you offered up sex too early or too late. The only thing that can be said is you feel that you have been used. Even if he didn't use you, he's not reenforcing to you that you weren't just a lay to him. I'd say dump the guy, unless he starts putting forth effort. If he does put forth effort, be weary if he's trying to get you back in the bedroom. You'll know pretty quick if he's serious or not, because he will give up pretty quickly if he can't get you back in the bedroom.
Listen to weezer OP He knows what he is talking about.

Old 04-16-2013, 12:17 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,917,838 times
Well, maybe it was all in your head too? Maybe give it a little extra time and see what he does.

Its weird to think a guy would just be really in to you and then stop talking to you. See where it goes, if he keeps it up then move on. Maybe he's just stressed out this week or busy?

Old 04-16-2013, 12:27 PM

165 posts, read 262,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post

Thank you for this. It stings a little to hear someone so closely articulate my thoughts but I'm pretty sure you're exactly right. He went from making me feel like he actually liked me to...nothing. I don't regret sleeping with him because I was ready and I liked him and enjoyed it. I really just wish things would have worked out differently.

Oh well...back to the drawing board!

Old 04-16-2013, 01:01 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,104,160 times
I wouldn't contact him anymore. What you described has been my experience with online dating. Meet someone and hit it off, talk everyday, have a few fantastic dates, and then I sit back confused as the guy stops contacting me or appears generally disinterested. I think there are a lot of guys out there who use online dating just for hooking up. Then they get what they want and they are onto the next. I think there are guys who use online dating thinking they want a relationship, but when they actually meet someone who is relationship potential they flip out. The other thing is you never know how many other women this guy could be talking to. He may have decided he preferred someone else over you.

Give him space. If he contacts you be casual. Don't ask him out. And definitely never ask the guy what's wrong or why things have changed. I think they key to success with online dating is not to have any expectations. Even if you meet someone you really like, keep your perspective. Until a guy says he wants to be exlusive don't assume anything and if your feelings are going to be hurt if you get intimate with a guy and then he never calls you again, then you should wait and you should define the relationsip prior to. I've been reading "Why Men Love B*tches" and people can knock it all they want, but it is a lot of advice that makes a LOT of sense. Check it out.

Old 04-16-2013, 01:27 PM

31,001 posts, read 22,045,160 times
It's funny how everybody assumes that somebody is being used for sex, like everyone is 18 years old.

As an "Adult" it basically comes down to two things: Attraction and compatibility. I, like most people can be completely attracted to someone and then end up finding out we have an incompatibility issue. Sometimes it's early in the relationship which may be the OPs case and sometimes its later. At some point in many relationships when the issues become larger than what binds two people together its time to go your separate ways.

Old 04-16-2013, 01:33 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,408,034 times
uh ya. he's just not that into you. Sucks but thats what it appears to be.

Old 04-16-2013, 01:36 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,602,346 times
Perhaps the guy isnt really looking for relationship but would rather date around? Many smart guys go this route in todays dating world. Id say just forget about him and let him come to you. If he wants to be with you, he will make it obvious. If he doesnt, move on.

Old 04-16-2013, 01:38 PM

297 posts, read 502,412 times
Another vote for move on.

Old 04-16-2013, 01:40 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,642,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calnbs View Post
You have already shown enough interest in him to let him know that you like him. There is NO CONFUSION about it. Let him make the next move. If he doesn't contact you, it's time to move on. In the mean time, keep your options open to other opportunities, don't sit there and wait for him. The way I see it is, if a man likes or loves you, he will be motivated to find a way to be with you. If he doesn't even pick up the phone to call....Yeah, picking up the phone is pretty easy and effortless and if you aren't even worth that effort or energy, what does that say?

I went through hell and back to court this girl who I eventually married. It wasn't easy but for her, I would sacrifice the world for her. If God came to me and told me, I can only save one: Everyone on earth or just my wife. I guess everyone would be sh.it out of luck.
Exactly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships