Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 06:39 PM

545 posts, read 908,616 times

Advertisements

Went on a second date due to his persistence. My friends thought I should give him a second chance because I described him as nice, but no spark.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2013, 06:52 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,992,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonwatcher View Post
Went on a second date due to his persistence. My friends thought I should give him a second chance because I described him as nice, but no spark.
You did nothing wrong. A 2nd date to see if there's something there isn't a huge deal, either. If you'd have felt a spark you would have showed more interest. If you're not feeling it, you should let the guy know.

Old 04-17-2013, 07:00 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,158,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
You did nothing wrong. A 2nd date to see if there's something there isn't a huge deal, either. If you'd have felt a spark you would have showed more interest. If you're not feeling it, you should let the guy know.
Agree, it's no skin of your back if it turns out you don't change your mind. Thank him for the date, say you two couldn't date because of lack of chemistry, and go on your merry way. No need to do any mind games.

Old 04-17-2013, 07:03 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,992,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
Agree, it's no skin of your back if it turns out you don't change your mind. Thank him for the date, say you two couldn't date because of lack of chemistry, and go on your merry way. No need to do any mind games.
It's not her fault this guy is already getting Illusions of Grandeur. As long as she makes sure the guy understands that she isn't interested during the next conversation, in person or on the phone or in text, there shouldn't be an issue.

Old 04-17-2013, 07:20 PM

11,795 posts, read 12,028,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
Definitely. I think that unless someone really repels or repulses you on a first date, one date is often not enough to gauge if there is a connection. There's no harm in a second date.

And I agree, you can be polite but honest and firm in letting him know you're not interested and there is no reason to lie about having a disease. That's the coward's way out, so don't stoop to that.

You can say something like "I don't feel that we have a connection, but enjoyed our dates and wish you well in the future" and leave it at that. It's barely 20 words but it's to the point, no mistaking your feelings, and it's not hurtful or deceitful or laying blame anywhere.

Old 04-18-2013, 08:12 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,648,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
There... I think that spells it out.

j/k

Hahaha nice.

(mustard)

Old 04-18-2013, 09:57 AM

11,368 posts, read 9,280,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonwatcher View Post
Coincidentally I decided on a way that would make him relieved to be done with me... Tell him I have herpes.
So you're willing to lie? Not cool.

I could imagine him saying he wants to be with you anyway. Then what?

Old 04-18-2013, 11:01 AM

545 posts, read 908,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
So you're willing to lie? Not cool.

I could imagine him saying he wants to be with you anyway. Then what?
Funny you should say that, my gf said knowing your luck he'll say he has it also.
Btw...I said that tongue in cheek.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships