Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 08:33 AM

36,100 posts, read 30,588,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llewelyn View Post
Primarily looks, though they can be compensated for by money and status.
Congrats! You have got it all figured out. That would explain why all men that arent particuarlly attractive, do not have status or a lot of money are single virgins.
Now that you have spread the gospel Im sure men will work on their attractivness, status and bank accounts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2013, 10:10 AM

44,256 posts, read 64,159,565 times
Quote:
That's interesting coming from you all of people. I'm currently on the pre-med track.
That's nice. That makes you pre-pre-awesome.

Old 04-17-2013, 11:37 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,428,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Nonsense. None of those things matter. You could have none of the things from this list and attract any woman you want.
Sad how many guys just don't get this, isn't it?

Old 04-17-2013, 11:40 AM

3,494 posts, read 4,659,557 times
Mod cut: Orphaned.

In all seriousness, does it even matter if you have money, status, and looks, as long as you find the one girl who'll be all you ever wanted? I'd trade all that in in a second...still, very few bite.

I guess, all along, I was meant to be alone....always on my own...you know? Sucks. Time to move on....

Last edited by PJSaturn; 04-17-2013 at 12:09 PM..

Old 04-17-2013, 11:45 AM

102,092 posts, read 107,197,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Lol, 80% of men do NOT get with "hot" women, not even most. Yes any man can get "a women", but is it the women he really wants?
Why would he be with her if he didn't want her? You're assuming that "hot" is all men are interested. There are all kinds of guys out there, with a variety of priorities, some of which *shocker* don't align with yours. Some guys have figured out that "hot" too often is an incomplete package, once personality gets factored in. So they re-order their priorities.

Old 04-17-2013, 11:47 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,701,218 times
Quote:
Primarily looks, though they can be compensated for by money and status.
I'm calling BS on this one. I don't consider myself that handsome or good looking, I didn't make what I consider an overly large amount of money, and I'm not sure what you mean by status...so I'm pretty sure I didn't have that either, when I met my wife.

But after we met and married, I've increased my income and my status is such that I am married to one hell of a gorgeous woman who has more smarts than I do hands down. I'm not any better looking, especially when I'm standing next to her...but 2 out 3 ain't bad!

Old 04-17-2013, 11:48 AM

102,092 posts, read 107,197,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Dating is no different, good looking women are going to go to guys who are around as good looking as them. However if you can spark their interest, or make them interested in you.. you can get past the looks barrier. Money can work, status can work.. but any woman with a sense of self esteem isn't going to stay with a jerk for that reason. Attracting them by leading a positive goal oriented life can be good enough to attract the person you really like.
You've been making way too much sense, lately, burgl!

Old 04-17-2013, 12:54 PM

338 posts, read 739,744 times
I'm 5'3, and I turn 21 in August. I don't think I'll grow an inch in 4 months, and I OFFICIALLY stop growing at 21. I guess I've stopped growing.

Old 04-17-2013, 01:08 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,148,029 times
While they may not be the be all end all of dating, I'd rather not get too post-modernist and say that they don't matter at all. I think it matters most with respect to the socio-economic strata you are trying to date. If you are a blue collar worker aiming for a white collar corporate or tecchie type, yeah, you may have issues. But here in the States at least, it's not as insurmountable an obstacle as it would be in Asia, for example, where said white collar worker's family would never let her date "down."

Old 04-17-2013, 01:11 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,428,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhornsfan87 View Post
I'm 5'3, and I turn 21 in August. I don't think I'll grow an inch in 4 months, and I OFFICIALLY stop growing at 21. I guess I've stopped growing.
That's kind of silly - you think your body actually knows the day you turn 21?

Many guys continue to grow into their mid 20's.

And the male brain certainly doesn't stop until then.

You may gain an inch or two yet.

But worst case scenario - say you never do grow another millimeter - don't be your own worst enemy like so many young guys make the mistake of doing - NEVER let your height be your excuse for anything.

Guys who do that to themselves put off a vibe that repels the very women they would otherwise attract with just more self-confidence
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships