Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 10:44 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,425,022 times

Advertisements

Duct tape over her mouth of course.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2013, 10:48 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,827,838 times
Wait right here, I need to go ask my husband......
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-17-2013, 04:18 AM

37,607 posts, read 45,978,731 times
No freaking kidding. How many posts can you make about one person? End it for the love of all that is good. Please.

Old 04-17-2013, 04:29 AM

580 posts, read 964,869 times
I thought about reading the whole thread but I don't think I need to anymore. I get it. First pick your battles, be consistent, use calm communication (sit down with her and take turns telling each side of the arguement), get a mediator, and get couples therapy. You don't have to be married for it. It's for other types of relationships too I'm sure. If all else fails break up. That's my advice. Take it or leave it.

P.S. the Pavlovian suspicions sounds to me like you might be a bit paranoid about her or something.

Old 04-17-2013, 07:37 AM

126 posts, read 329,390 times
I'm basically just looking for the most 'alpha' response to that kind of short-tempered, gets-mad-about-nothing, immature behavior. Is that too much to ask? The best thing I can think of so far is just saying something like, "uhp, there's that temper again, I'll talk to you later."

The problem is that I'm leaving her mind in a messed up state. She has some dumb*ss assumption going on up there making her mad that needs to be corrected because it's wrong. Usually the assumption is that if I'm disagreeing with her, she's stupid, or something similarly negative. What I usually try to do is correct that assumption but I never succeed at it.

Old 04-17-2013, 07:39 AM

864 posts, read 1,454,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John12341234 View Post
She gets mad about what seems to me to be the silliest, most insignificant things. More specifically, she seems to be offended that I disagree with her. It's very strange to me. I don't know how to handle it in a way that makes her lighten up. From previous, similarly ridiculous arguments I've learned that she seems to be thinking, "If he disagrees with my argument, it means he thinks I'm wrong and stupid!" It's crazy but it fits with her habit of jumping to extreme negative conclusions/assumptions whenever the opportunity arises.

One ridiculous example is a disagreement about cutting hair lol.. I have short hair and have learned to do it myself. When she learned about that fact she implied that it was impossible to someone to do as good of a job themselves as stylist would do bc she has friends that don't do a good job. The thing is, sometimes I do have a stylist do it and sometimes I do it. Several tests have confirmed that she can't even tell the difference.. That's not the point though. The odd part is, instead of the subject being a funny, lighthearted thing, she takes offense to it. My argument that it is possible for someone to cut their own hair as well as a professional stylist IF they have enough practice at it offends her somehow. She seems to be thinking, "If he disagrees with my argument, it means he thinks I'm wrong and stupid!" The whole thing is dumb I know but I can't just come out and say that bc it would offend her even more lol.. I don't know how to react..
Why would you want to "handle" someone like that? Why would you want to be with someone like that?

Have you ever heard the saying, "When someone shows you who they are, believe them" ?? I follow that, and it has never led me down the wrong path.

Old 04-17-2013, 07:54 AM

1,233 posts, read 1,782,798 times
Quote:
I'm basically just looking for the most 'alpha' response to that kind of short-tempered, gets-mad-about-nothing, immature behavior. Is that too much to ask? The best thing I can think of so far is just saying something like, "uhp, there's that temper again, I'll talk to you later."

The problem is that I'm leaving her mind in a messed up state. She has some dumb*ss assumption going on up there making her mad that needs to be corrected because it's wrong. Usually the assumption is that if I'm disagreeing with her, she's stupid, or something similarly negative. What I usually try to do is correct that assumption but I never succeed at it.
You sound like Sheldon from Big Bang Theory.

Old 04-17-2013, 08:03 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John12341234;29161211[B
]I'm basically just looking for the most 'alpha' response[/b] to that kind of short-tempered, gets-mad-about-nothing, immature behavior. Is that too much to ask? The best thing I can think of so far is just saying something like, "uhp, there's that temper again, I'll talk to you later."

The problem is that I'm leaving her mind in a messed up state.

She has some dumb*ss assumption going on up there making her mad that needs to be corrected because it's wrong.

Usually the assumption is that if I'm disagreeing with her, she's stupid, or something similarly negative. What I usually try to do is correct that assumption but I never succeed at it.
What????

Seriously dude, the more you post the scarier things look.

In the first place, you have no clue what a real "alpha male" even is.

In the second place, this is clearly not a healthy relationship.

Call it a day already!

Move on and spend some time growing up and into the man you want to be before trying to have a girlfriend.

Try to understand, before you can have a successful relationship with a woman you have to have a successful relationship with yourself.

Old 04-17-2013, 08:14 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,468,786 times
Quote:

You can't fix stupid. Yours or hers.

And the bolded item - isn't that the popular definition of insanity?

Old 04-17-2013, 08:23 AM

1,450 posts, read 1,897,955 times
You don't sound like you like her...why do you stay?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships