Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 02:21 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,296,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imdatgirl View Post
But I don't want to sound too demanding.
There's an difference between an expectation and a demand.

"If we don't see each other 2 times a week, it's over" = a demand
"I'd like to see each other regularly so we can grow our relationship" = an expectation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2013, 02:23 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,812,105 times
That would be sad indeed if after you guys did the deed, he just up and wanders off like he got what he wanted and now is done with you. Guys can be extremely lame that way. Makes the rest of us look bad too. You could always sit down and ask him face to face what's on his mind as far as you and him are concerned. Hope the best for you...

Old 04-17-2013, 02:26 PM

111 posts, read 293,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
There's an difference between an expectation and a demand.

"If we don't see each other 2 times a week, it's over" = a demand
"I'd like to see each other regularly so we can grow our relationship" = an expectation
And you don't think he would get scared if I said what I expect?

Old 04-17-2013, 02:28 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,296,560 times
Quote:
I don't know a thing about him, how could I possibly know the answer to that?

Old 04-17-2013, 02:31 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,104,160 times
Sounds like you have a lot more invested in this guy now that you've had sex with him. Maybe he was just making conversation when he asked what your plans are. If I were you I'd sit back and try to relax. Maybe he will ask you to do something and maybe he won't. Do NOT sit at home obsessively checking your email to see if he asks you to do something. Do NOT avoid making other plans because you're hoping he will pop up and ask you to do something. Do NOT expect that because you guys had sex he now wants to be in an exclusive serious relationship with you. These are all things I've done that were wrong wrong wrong and only led to my being extremely disappointed. If he hasn't ask you to do something by the end of today I would make other weekend plans. If he wants to see you he should schedule in advance, not assume you'll make yourself available at the last moment.

Old 04-17-2013, 02:32 PM

39,198 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
scared? Perhaps not.

Either way, your emotional needs have to be met. So ask him, let your expectations be known.

"Honey, you have been great. Let's make some time to see each other more, what do you think?" Don't forget a little kiss on the cheek. It works.

Good luck to you sweetie.

Old 04-17-2013, 02:32 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,104,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
That would be sad indeed if after you guys did the deed, he just up and wanders off like he got what he wanted and now is done with you. Guys can be extremely lame that way. Makes the rest of us look bad too. You could always sit down and ask him face to face what's on his mind as far as you and him are concerned. Hope the best for you...
I've had this happen to me and I was really upset with the guy because I felt like he got what he wanted and then peaced out, but honestly it was my fault too. It's not particularly nice to sleep with someone and then never call them again, but if women don't want this to happen to them they shouldn't sleep with a guy so fast and they should be up front about what they expect before the deed happens.

Old 04-17-2013, 02:33 PM

39,198 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
Sounds like you have a lot more invested in this guy now that you've had sex with him. Maybe he was just making conversation when he asked what your plans are. If I were you I'd sit back and try to relax. Maybe he will ask you to do something and maybe he won't. Do NOT sit at home obsessively checking your email to see if he asks you to do something. Do NOT avoid making other plans because you're hoping he will pop up and ask you to do something. Do NOT expect that because you guys had sex he now wants to be in an exclusive serious relationship with you. These are all things I've done that were wrong wrong wrong and only led to my being extremely disappointed. If he hasn't ask you to do something by the end of today I would make other weekend plans. If he wants to see you he should schedule in advance, not assume you'll make yourself available at the last moment.

^^^^^^ this too! great advice.

Old 04-17-2013, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
He's still around and initiates contact with me. Honestly, nothing has changed. Before we met and even when were hanging out, he's been active with going out of town with friends. Most weekends that Ive know him, he had made plans with friends. I think now, I expect to see him regularly.

Old 04-17-2013, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
The thing about this guy is every week, he asks for my schedule. Usually, early part of the week and we always schedule our date in advance. There was a week or maybe couple of weeks, now that i thought about it, that I didn't see him because he was going out of town but he still asked about my schedule for those weeks.

He still initiates contact. The message frequency has not changed. Maybe my expectations are different now that's why it occurred to me for a moment that he's maybe blowing me off.

Last edited by Imdatgirl; 04-17-2013 at 02:52 PM.. Reason: Edit
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships