Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 03:58 PM

111 posts, read 293,809 times

Advertisements

He emailed me saying he's going to be out of town this weekend leaving early on Friday but to let him know when I got my new phone. I shouldn't be disappointed because its not the first time that he's gone away with his friends skiing over the weekend. Do you guys think he is still interested?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2013, 04:07 PM

37,589 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imdatgirl View Post
He emailed me saying he's going to be out of town this weekend leaving early on Friday but to let him know when I got my new phone. I shouldn't be disappointed because its not the first time that he's gone away with his friends skiing over the weekend. Do you guys think he is still interested?
My goodness. Stop trying to figure him out. If it is going to work, it will. Let it be. Make plans and do something this weekend, and take care of that phone. Geez...he would drop you like a hot potato if knew how you were thinking!

Old 04-17-2013, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
My goodness. Stop trying to figure him out. If it is going to work, it will. Let it be. Make plans and do something this weekend, and take care of that phone. Geez...he would drop you like a hot potato if knew how you were thinking!
You're right. I'm just not good with rejections. Around guys I date, I act really cool tho. They have no idea that I over think.

Old 04-17-2013, 09:14 PM

25 posts, read 49,423 times
Overanalyzing.

Old 04-17-2013, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petal1 View Post
Overanalyzing.
Yeah I think I over analyzed because I got my phone and we've been texting back and forth while he's doing work.

Old 04-18-2013, 12:31 PM

1,961 posts, read 4,383,133 times
1) You are over analyzing
2) For a relationship to develop you both have to show interest in doing things, and if you want to do more with him you either need to say so, or initiate plans when YOU want to do something
3) If someone really really wants to be with you they will do things with you when you ask (as long as there are no major pre-existing commitments that cannot be changed.
4) If you prefer more communication and more time together, but you are afraid communicating that will scare him off, then there will never be a relationship.

To be honest, it sounds like he is just having fun and assumes you want the same since you just go along with it.

Old 04-18-2013, 12:55 PM

2,170 posts, read 3,305,125 times
Quote:
I've been dating this guy for over a month. We became intimate last weekend for the first time. We don't talk or text everyday which is fine with me. My phone broke a few days ago so our form of communication is by email. We pretty much email each other everyday.

Yesterday, he sent an email asking about my schedule for the rest of the week. He said he might be going skiing this weekend. My schedule varies every week but I'm mostly off on weekends. I replied to his email last night telling him about my schedule. This morning, I got an email from him asking if I got a new phone already. He didn't ask me about hanging out this week. Why did he even bother asking about my schedule for this week if he has no plan to see me. It's not the first time that he asked for my schedule and didn't plan anything with me. One weekend he went away to attend a birthday pool party, he asked for my schedule but I didn't see him that week. But the following week, we spent a whole day together.

Maybe I'm overanalyzing because I had sex with him last weekend. You know that after sex, guys disappear. Base on how he was treating me I don't think he can just blow me off just like that. I think he's a really nice guy. Every time we've hung out, he picks me up and drops me off at my place. Walks me to my front door. He makes sure I get in safe inside. He has been paying for all our dates and they were not cheap dates. He initiates contact with me. I never contacted him first.

Anyway, do you guys think he's blowing me off because he has not made plans to see me this week or I am just overanalyzing? Thanks.
To be honest, theres not much more annoying than trying to date a woman with an ever changing schedule or one with too many kids and never has free time. Most men, if attracted to the woman will act like they are cool with it until at least the sex happens. Maybe he's thinking that its just not worth it if the encounter is nothing memorable

The other thing, Ive dated and had sex with woman I liked personally, but the sex was so underwhelming that I was dissapointed enough not to see them again. Now I dont want to be rude in those situations, so I'll keep texting occasionally to not look like a bandit. But best believe, a woman that turned me out, I would want to see her again, soon and often.

FInally, woman dont like to hear it out loud, but after sex, we just dont feel as strongly. We may still like or love you, but that special feeling is not what it was pre-sex

Old 04-18-2013, 01:18 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,200,270 times
Quote:
Yeah I think I over analyzed because I got my phone and we've been texting back and forth while he's doing work.
Maybe he initially thought you were blowing him off and made up a story about your phone broken?

You should initiate contact once in a while. When it's too one sided, some guys start to think you just aren't that interested.

He asks for your schedule so he can try to sync with his but it may not always work out. If he had wanted to blow you off he wouldn't be initiating any contact.

Old 04-18-2013, 01:30 PM

1,839 posts, read 3,064,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktravern View Post
To be honest, theres not much more annoying than trying to date a woman with an ever changing schedule or one with too many kids and never has free time. Most men, if attracted to the woman will act like they are cool with it until at least the sex happens. Maybe he's thinking that its just not worth it if the encounter is nothing memorable

The other thing, Ive dated and had sex with woman I liked personally, but the sex was so underwhelming that I was dissapointed enough not to see them again. Now I dont want to be rude in those situations, so I'll keep texting occasionally to not look like a bandit. But best believe, a woman that turned me out, I would want to see her again, soon and often.

FInally, woman dont like to hear it out loud, but after sex, we just dont feel as strongly. We may still like or love you, but that special feeling is not what it was pre-sex
Even if she turned you out you don't have that special feeling?

Old 04-18-2013, 04:48 PM

2,170 posts, read 3,305,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastwomanstanding View Post
Even if she turned you out you don't have that special feeling?
As a guy, when that feeling of lusting after a woman is gone, if you only like her half heartedly, you may stop pursuing b/c you dont want to spend anymore cash or be expected to chat everyday
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships