Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 06:48 AM

752 posts, read 1,164,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat949 View Post
A little bitter aren't we? Why so bothered? Chill..!
Free market and not decent people that talk whit you will say you true. This forum is similar to bodybuilding one where ugly people with big muscle mass wonder why they are alone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2013, 06:57 AM

6,129 posts, read 6,810,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
So, wait.
He was flirting with you, right?
And this was before he know you were never married with no kids, right?
And, then, upon finding out that you had never been married and did not have kids, he was scared of you?

Maybe.

However, I am inclined to believe that it's more likely that a man would be attracted to a never married woman with no kids than the opposite.

I still think his intent was to compliment you.
No. He thought the fact that I did not have children was a red flag. If I was that age and not a baby mama or a wife then there must be something wrong with me. He could not comprehend it, he was taken aback. Trust me, I was there.

He acted like he did not know any black women in their 20s without children.

But honestly once I hit my late 20s I got a lot more "when are you going to get married?" type questions in general. After this incident I started dating a different guy, and I was talking to my roommate, and she asked me how it was going. I told her that I was thinking of breaking up with him and she told me "You better marry him, he's into you and you won't find anyone to marry you next year" (I was 29). She was dead serious. She was telling me he was my last chance because I was too old for anyone to want me. 30 was some kind of death sentence to her.

I ended up getting married to someone else at 32. I guess I blew her mind. SMH.

Old 04-19-2013, 01:47 PM

22,334 posts, read 29,427,518 times
I get asked this alot and I just answer with "I'd rather be alone than be unhappy"

Old 04-19-2013, 06:31 PM

17,216 posts, read 57,072,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Been asked this a couple times, recently again. I have lots of personal thoughts on this but won't say them yet, fact is I have thoughts but no real answers other than I have high expectations that are never met enough for me to want to marry or commit and a couple times that I was willing to commit the feelings were not mutual.

I must not be that good looking or together afterall....
A good put-down answer is "Because I am not stupid!".

In the current political and legal climate, not much upside for a man with good financials to marry.

Old 04-19-2013, 08:01 PM

289 posts, read 396,417 times
As an about to be 34 year old male whose never been married, no children, and has heard this often I would like to add some context to this question as I've been asked it.

The people who have asked me this are almost exclusively 1) older, married, mothers, 2) by women who want to set me up someone they know; worse yet by mothers who want me to consider their daughters, or 3) younger women who want to question my intentions before they sleep with me.

The more entertaining side of this question is the number of married male friends my age who are always telling me how jealous they are of my single life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships