Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 05:35 PM

788 posts, read 1,271,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscombobulateYa View Post
Not really. But why is it that women seem to put on this air as though they don't like sex or something?

Like I see tons of quotes from women just like this, but 0 from men.

"1. I am NOT interested in a friends with benefits situation, if this is what you are looking for, then I suggest you move on to the next."
The statement above in NO way implies that women put on airs about or dislike sex. It means literally what it says: She's not into sleeping around and is looking for something beyond just sex. It doesn't say she won't engage in premarital sex or dislikes sex; it just means that she's not going to sleep with a guy just for the sake of getting laid.

When I was online, I had that statement in my profile because I had so many guys message me specifically asking if I wanted to just "hook up." Once I added that line, the number of requests I had for hooking up decreased. If I only wanted a FWB, then I would advertise for one or find one. Since I'm over the FWB stage, I feel it's important to let any potential suitors know that up front. When the time's right, the sex will definitely happen. You need to get to know women a little better if you think that line implies a lack of interest in sex.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2013, 11:27 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,347,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscombobulateYa View Post
Not really. But why is it that women seem to put on this air as though they don't like sex or something?

Like I see tons of quotes from women just like this, but 0 from men.

"1. I am NOT interested in a friends with benefits situation, if this is what you are looking for, then I suggest you move on to the next."

It's not that they don't want sex or whatever. It's just that they seem to have it easier in this department (all the thirsty boys running around) If sex seemed a little more out of their grasp, then they'd probably want it more.

Think about it, if you had an abundance of something, and you could get it easily, you'd probably appreciate it less compared to something you have to bust your ass for (provided the pay off is worth it).

But no, the idea that woman don't want sex as much as a man is not always going to be true. While some men have raging libido, I've come across women that make me seem prudish. (then again, I don't seem to have that high of a libido and I'm only in my twenties.)

Also, a lot of it is perpetuated by the media. We are supposed to be desperate hyper-sexual horn dogs and women are supposed to be in control.

Old 04-19-2013, 11:41 AM

249 posts, read 312,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
It's not that they don't want sex or whatever. It's just that they seem to have it easier in this department (all the thirsty boys running around) If sex seemed a little more out of their grasp, then they'd probably want it more.

Think about it, if you had an abundance of something, and you could get it easily, you'd probably appreciate it less compared to something you have to bust your ass for (provided the pay off is worth it).

But no, the idea that woman don't want sex as much as a man is not always going to be true. While some men have raging libido, I've come across women that make me seem prudish. (then again, I don't seem to have that high of a libido and I'm only in my twenties.)

Also, a lot of it is perpetuated by the media. We are supposed to be desperate hyper-sexual horn dogs and women are supposed to be in control.
Very well said my friend

Old 04-19-2013, 11:45 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,033,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
I don't think a relationship is the end all be all to happiness. You can definitely live a happy and fulfilled life without one. But I still believe if you meet the right person then a relationship can be worth it. A healthy relationship with someone who loves and supports you is worth the effort. A relationship full of drama with someone who doesn't treat you well is NOT better than being single though. I'd rather be alone than with someone who makes me miserable.
Very much agree with this. A healthy relationship is so worth the effort. And with the right person, the effort doesn't feel like it takes any effort at all. A good relationship is work, but if you're doing it "right", it's not work like drudgery, more like putting in your best and doing what you need to, to keep the relationship happy and fulfilled for both parties. I am blessed to have that kind of relationship now. We are the same in so many respects, compatible with our outlooks, goals in life, shared wit/sense of humour, so even with our differences, it seems effortless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships