Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2013, 08:19 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times

Advertisements

There are so many men in the OC who fit your description, OP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2013, 08:20 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,145,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
You will not marry most likely. An alpha male will date maybe in a relationship with you, but will not exchange vows with you at a wedding. A man will marry B woman, B man will marry C woman, C man will marry D woman. Men marry down and women marru up. Your best bit is probably become an alpha female single mom and throw in the towel.
That's a interesting way of putting it, but I pretty much agree.

Old 04-18-2013, 09:27 PM

977 posts, read 1,815,175 times
I miss the height requirement by one inch, but fit the others (though attractive is subjective), but no way I would date the OP. Too yuppyish and materialistic thinking for me, it just wouldn't work out.

Old 04-18-2013, 10:26 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,043,499 times
The op should move to cities with no short supply of Yuppie men she desires like SF, NYC, Boston, DC, Chicago, Seattle, Austin. great thing about Yuppie type guys is that they are always in demand by women and quite a few Yuppie men sleep around with multiple women when dating or in relationships.

Old 04-18-2013, 10:31 PM

803 posts, read 1,667,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imdatgirl View Post
I know I'm a bit shallow just like most of the people who are living in OC. My friends said I have high standards and I will end up single for the rest of my life. Aside from having a GREAT PERSONALITY, I WILL ONLY date guys who are:

- educated. He needs to have atleast a college degree. He has to have a great career. So far, I've only dated guys who are managers of their departments.
- tall. Nobody shorter than 5'9. Not taller than 6'2.
- physically fit. He needs to have a nice tight body. He needs to be physically active or working out regularly.
- good looking. This part is self explanatory. Cute face is mandatory. No balding head.

So far, I have no problem finding guys described above. I have actually dated a few of them. I think what I'm looking for is reasonable. I think it's what most of the girls are looking for in a guy. What do you guys think?

Well, you might prove your friends wrong, but it's going to be considerably harder with a high percentage of men eliminated from the pool of what you consider ideal. Your "perfect match" might not come in the package you think it comes in. You may even wake up one day, perhaps when it's too late, and realize that one or more of your must-haves aren't that important or necessary. Like, are you really going to pass on a good looking guy with a good job because he's 5'7" or because he has 25 credit hours left to complete his degree program?

edit: wow, and you're petite/little? Quite shallow indeed.

Quote:
Because I met a doctor and he asked me out. But I'm about to decline his invitation because he's not tall maybe only 5'6. Friends don't agree that I should drop him just like that. So there. I said why. I know I'm shallow.

Last edited by ASOT; 04-18-2013 at 10:40 PM..

Old 04-18-2013, 10:32 PM

348 posts, read 549,909 times
Quote:
I know I'm a bit shallow just like most of the people who are living in OC. My friends said I have high standards and I will end up single for the rest of my life. Aside from having a GREAT PERSONALITY, I WILL ONLY date guys who are:

- educated. He needs to have atleast a college degree. He has to have a great career. So far, I've only dated guys who are managers of their departments.
- physically fit. He needs to have a nice tight body. He needs to be physically active or working out regularly.
- good looking. This part is self explanatory. Cute face is mandatory. No balding head.

So far, I have no problem finding guys described above. I have actually dated a few of them. I think what I'm looking for is reasonable. I think it's what most of the girls are looking for in a guy. What do you guys think?
I think your standards are fine, considering you have no problem 'finding' guys described above. By 'finding' I assume you mean that these guys are interested in you and ask you out.

Quote:
Because I met a doctor and he asked me out. But I'm about to decline his invitation because he's not tall maybe only 5'6. Friends don't agree that I should drop him just like that. So there. I said why. I know I'm shallow.
If you're not attracted to him, you're not attracted to him.

Sounds like some of your friends are making you feel guilty because you won't go out with who they think you should go out with.

As some have said, as people get older what is important to them may change, but learning through dating is certainly one way to figure out what is important to you. It's entirely possible you'll meet a guy who checks off all your requirements and is a great person. Again, my only caveat would be if these guys aren't truly showing interest in you, then it may be time to mix it up.

Old 04-18-2013, 11:19 PM

48,519 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Your standards are your standards. Period.

If we tell you they are too high, you plan on lowering them?

I hope you feel better about yourself now, because this seems like nothing but a vanity thread. Posting a "not" problem as a problem. Asking a question, when you have no reason to change if the answers indicate you should...... I honestly don't get the point to the thread.

Essentially, "Everything is great!!! Should I change?"
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-18-2013, 11:32 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,783,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikala43 View Post
your standards are your standards. Period.

If we tell you they are too high, you plan on lowering them?

I hope you feel better about yourself now, because this seems like nothing but a vanity thread. Posting a "not" problem as a problem. Asking a question, when you have no reason to change if the answers indicate you should...... I honestly don't get the point to the thread.

Essentially, "everything is great!!! Should i change?"

+1

Old 04-18-2013, 11:43 PM

252 posts, read 258,361 times
Quote:

Considering you live in Southern California, your standards are typical IMO. Sounds like my group of guy friends, of course we were the jocks in high school

College degree: What kinda male or even female doesn't have a college degree in this day & age?
Atleast 5'9': The average height of a full grown white male in the USA is 5 foot 10
Physically fit: In Southern California, ''most'' people are physically active. Gym membership

Good looking/Personality: This is kinda in the eye of the beholder. If you said a funny guy with humor, that would be more understandable.

I don't think your standards are bad at all. Sounds like the description of a typical male that stays on top of his life (height aside).

Old 04-18-2013, 11:50 PM

39,223 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite_limit View Post
Considering you live in Southern California, your standards are typical IMO. Sounds like my group of guy friends, of course we were the jocks in high school
This is the point. She's from southern California, her standard is reasonable in my opinion.

I tried to post a message on another forum, one idiot replied, "Your opinion doesn't count because you are from Newport Beach where everybody is a yuppie with sense of entitlement issue."

To me, this is discrimination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships