Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 11:41 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,236,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastwomanstanding View Post
I have been seeing a new guy. I like him as a person. I know he likes me and I trust he is a good guy. I am not looking for a commitment from him just yet as I do not wish to make one myself. This means there will be no sex as I do not have sex outside a committed relationship. We get along well. I'm quite sure he's attracted to me. I just really don't know how I feel about him. Yes, I think he's cute , not necessarily my type but I don't think that matters. Ladies, particularly, ever date someone (it's been about 4 dates, some kisses and hand holding.) and not know how you feel? Additional info : He's met a couple of my friends , they like him. My friends who have not met him also like him from what I've said about him. Their opinion counts for very little, to be honest. I'm just trying to figure out MY feelings. I recently saw my ex and I know I still love him but there is such a wall (on my side) between us and I have somewhat pushed him away as well in his recent attempts at contact. I'm still hurt by how that relationship ended even though it's been over a year. Anyone been here? Opinions from men welcome as well of course. Thank you.
I didn't read through the responses, so if I repeat something that was already said, I apologize.

The red bolded--that's probably why you don't know how you feel about this guy. You listed all positive things about the new guy so we know the issue isn't with him. Until you get past your feelings for your ex, I don't think you'll be able to develop romantic feelings for anyone else. I know from the first or second kiss if I'm into a guy. If the spark isn't there immediately then it's just not there. I think you do like the new guy but you just haven't been able to fully get over your ex and I think that's just a natural emotion. Maybe it's too soon to date or maybe it's best to tell the new guy, "hey, I do like you but I'm having a hard time getting over my ex."...or something like that. I know it's easier said than done, but cut off all ties with the ex. Ignore, ignore, ignore. Get rid of any items from him or anything that reminds you of him. If you truly do not want to be with him based on what happened in the relationship then block his number or simply tell him you need to cut off all contact with him. Hope it all works out for you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2013, 04:27 PM

426 posts, read 558,902 times
Sex complicates so many issues... stay the course and when you have let this other dude go you will know.... so will the new dude. :0)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships