Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2013, 06:53 PM

4,042 posts, read 2,710,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
I just let one loose last saturady, how about you?

Old 04-18-2013, 06:56 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,144,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Really? Getting excited over sexing low class and pathetic people. That sounds pretty miserable.
Actually having sex is pretty aswome, you should try it some time. Some of us can seperate just sex from from a real relationship. I don't know, maybe thats' just a man thing.

Old 04-18-2013, 06:59 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,636,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
Some people do consider people like me damaged goods. I am divorced and have a child from that failed marriage. My Ex left me. So here I am, a single mom. It is what it is and if some men won't date me because of it, that's their choice and preference. There are plenty of other men out there--usually also divorced--that understand and are more tolerant of a divorced mom.
When i first met my future wife she had a beautiful, beloved five year old daughter. I fell in love with the both of them. I married the mom, & about a year later i adopted my daughter...

Old 04-18-2013, 07:00 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,190,600 times
Quote:
Actually having sex is pretty aswome, you should try it some time. Some of us can seperate just sex from from a real relationship. I don't know, maybe thats' just a man thing.
I've forgotten more sex than I can remember. Sex is not the issue. I've never had sex with someone I find pathetic. I couldn't imagine it. Maybe women don't have to, but I would find that to be nasty and certainly miserable. yuk.

Old 04-18-2013, 07:01 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,190,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
When i first met my future wife she had a beautiful, beloved five year old daughter. I fell in love with the both of them. I married the mom, & about a year later i adopted my daughter...
I can't rep you because I rep you to death. Anyhow, you know you're the bees knees.

Old 04-18-2013, 07:02 PM

469 posts, read 566,621 times
Quote:
Why would a women I have kids with be damaged goods if they're MY kids? Im talking about a women who already has kids who are in the dating world. Try to keep up. And I would never have a "baby mama", that's so ghetto. low class and pathetic. Any women I have kids with would be my wife.
Well I hope that you don't have sex until you are married because that is the only fool proof way to make sure you don't have any "baby mama" accidents and wow you're lucky to have such a perfect family that not even one married mother related to you has a broken marriage or deceased spouse and never had to be "damaged goods" must be nice to life in such a fairy tale

Old 04-18-2013, 07:02 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
You may perceive it as you like just because I rather have cancer doesn't immediately mean I view them as damaged goods. I would prefer to not have cancer as I would prefer to not want to date people with baggage. We won't live forever and we will die in some way. If I view them as damaged goods then I would say so.
Like I said - it's the context. If you don't view them as damaged goods, you should specify that because of the topic of the thread.

Old 04-18-2013, 07:03 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,302,626 times
Quote:
Do you date at all?
Do you have sex with women that you date?

Old 04-18-2013, 07:23 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,872,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
Here goes:

Multiple failed marriages
Cynical/jaded
Emotionally unavailable for any multitude of reasons
Bitter
Suspicious/overly guarded/unwilling or unable to take things at face value
Various addicts
Purposely poor communication
Horrible/abusive parents
Unresolved sexual abuse/intimacy issues
Desperately trying to relive their youth/unwilling to accept their life stage
Entitled/spoiled rotten
Getting inked up to commemorate some "life changing event"
I think people have misconstrued this. Sure, we've probably all felt jaded/cynical/withdrawn etc at times. When these negative emotions dominate your life and you are unable to move past them, that's when you earn the title of damaged goods.

Old 04-18-2013, 07:25 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,802,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I love how I caught your original post before you changed it. he he.

That's the thing. There are a lot of single moms on this board and these guys know it. Yet, they set out to verbally harm...intentionally. The single moms here seem to be fine women. They're just people and most of them seem to be doing the best they can. I know a few single moms off line who are great people. I don't see how someone's dating preference matters at all when considering the value of these women as human beings. To be clear, I have no skin in the game other than an unwillingness to experience bystander shock. Screw that.
You seem like a very considerate person ... but for what it's worth, the verbal harm stuff doesn't harm or bother me. I really don't care. I have a wonderful child, great family and friends, a solid career with a good income, I own my own home (didn't get it in a divorce, I bought it), and a really cool hobby (I am a technical scuba diver). So if someone doesn't like me or calls me names, I don't care. I am pretty happy with myself and my life is pretty good. Finding a good man would make it great though... have to admit that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships