Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2013, 07:33 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,871,881 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post
A Meth addict, alcoholic/drug addict, severely mentally ill person, sociopath, violent criminal. Someone who has intentionally damaged their body or mind.
Would this include a person who cuts? What about a person who purges over a toilet? Watched an episode of jersey shore?

Old 04-18-2013, 07:34 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,188,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
You seem like a very considerate person ... but for what it's worth, the verbal harm stuff doesn't harm or bother me. I really don't care. I have a wonderful child, great family and friends, a solid career with a good income, I own my own home (didn't get it in a divorce, I bought it), and a really cool hobby (I am a technical scuba diver). So if someone doesn't like me or calls me names, I don't care. I am pretty happy with myself and my life is pretty good. Finding a good man would make it great though... have to admit that
This is exactly my point. How could anyone refer to someone like you as damaged goods? I have one colleague that did IVF to get pregnant (with her now twins) because she felt like she was running out of time. This is a 6 figure earning, pH D scientist, who is a lead investigator on projects that will likely play a role in many lives. I have bf who owns her own desk top publishing business, also earns well into the 6 figures, is about as chill as a person can be and is divorced with two kids (no child support or anything). She's currently dating a never married, single, childless engineer. Um, these women are not damaged in any way. Although, it's possible that some of these guys hail from backgrounds where women who are single moms are of a different SES and cultural type. They don't know, and will never know, single moms like you and my friend. That's ultimately a blessing.

Old 04-18-2013, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
I think people have misconstrued this. Sure, we've probably all felt jaded/cynical/withdrawn etc at times. When these negative emotions dominate your life and you are unable to move past them, that's when you earn the title of damaged goods.
So, you're sexual stalking of CD women (according to you and some women here) and starting threads about it, which is weird, would put you in the category of having negative emotions dominating your life, correct? Is this ultimately another thread about you, Phil?

Old 04-18-2013, 07:39 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,055,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Unless their husband passed away, if they have kids and are not married then yes. I wouldn't want to date them. I know I'll probably get hate mail from the angry feminist on here, but oh well.
I'd have to agree with this.

Old 04-18-2013, 07:40 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,694,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I was referring to 14bricks since your post was a response to his.
Still not seeing what it has to do with me.

Old 04-18-2013, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
Still not seeing what it has to do with me.
You made a comment about people growing up. I noted who I thought should grow up based on that comment. It's not always about you.

Old 04-18-2013, 07:44 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
people that have had sexual trauma have issues in establishing close relationships. i didnt say they could not do it, but it requires lots of work. they might be worth it.
the burning 64k question are they willing to work on their stuff? get help? if not think hard about what they are asking u to do, accept their unavailability.

Old 04-18-2013, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
I'd have to agree with this.
Can you explain how dating preferences are synonymous with referring to people as damaged goods? Does anyone know?

Old 04-18-2013, 07:45 PM

5,751 posts, read 10,376,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
Would this include a person who cuts? What about a person who purges over a toilet? Watched an episode of jersey shore?
I guess I think of someone who is intentionally, severely damaging their body due to mental issues, like cutting. But I don't like the term "damaged goods" applied to people and have never used it before this thread. It reminds me of some boxed product that was damaged in shipping. People are not boxed products.

Old 04-18-2013, 07:46 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,871,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
So, you're sexual stalking of CD women (according to you and some women here) and starting threads about it, which is weird, would put you in the category of having negative emotions dominating your life, correct? Is this ultimately another thread about you, Phil?
You could definitely place me in the damaged goods category. My baggage could sink an aircraft carrier and I own it all.

Last edited by Philosophizer; 04-18-2013 at 07:55 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships